ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa-Oklahoma State Ticket Prices

makes absolutely no sense. The least TU can do is have cc purchases available at the RenCen as is the case for basketball.

Whoever is making those decisions needs to be fired. Even the prices are out of whack. So let's double the price of tickets and then not let people use a CC to buy them. It's like someone in the admin is screaming we don't want fans at the game and then when the stadium is half empty for this game Levit has more backing to say we need to get out of athletics.

It pretty ridiculous when churches and homeless people accept credit cards. I took a cab the other day in a third world country to a city without power or plumbing and the driver only took cc.

It’s a lack of basic commitment to customer service and a fundamental failure to instill in your organization the need to appreciate and respond to the needs of the persons whose purchases TU depends upon.

#forourcity #notforcustomers

Reactions: TU 1978
It pretty ridiculous when churches and homeless people accept credit cards. I took a cab the other day in a third world country to a city without power or plumbing and the driver only took cc.

It’s a lack of basic commitment to customer service and a fundamental failure to instill in your organization the need to appreciate and respond to the needs of the persons whose purchases TU depends upon.

#forourcity #notforcustomers
Is there any possibility this is from Monty to catch OkState fans off guard because he doesn't want to play a road game in Chapman?

Reactions: HuffyCane
I can only assume they believe it will be a sell out and booth sales will be moot, and if not, then it’s easier to direct people to the nearby ATMs rather than going through the effort to actually do something to help people and appear competent. How/why are we paying these people millions of dollars?

I can only assume they believe it will be a sell out and booth sales will be moot, and if not, then it’s easier to direct people to the nearby ATMs rather than going through the effort to actually do something to help people and appear competent. How/why are we paying these people millions of dollars?
If I didn't already have tickets I likely wouldn't consider walking up and buying tickets with this policy. We (my wife and I) hardly ever carry more than $10 cash at any point. Use a cc like cash, get the rewards, pay it off each month. Pretty sure the cc company hates us
Unbelievable comment.
I would hate to believe it if true...but you've seen instances like this in the past at other places (schools and pro, and you hear about it a ton in soccer) where they simply make it as hard as possible for fans to walk up and buy a ticket to discourage visiting fans.

Reactions: 4tu2 and HuffyCane
It only takes one bad experience to lose a customer. TU needs to find ways to get people into the stands instead of clinging to the same year after year failed game day policies. I can pay for almost anything via my cellphone and even food trucks take credit cards.

Does anyone at TU care about the customer experience?

Reactions: TU_BLA
At over $500k/year, I expect better than this from Dr. Gragg... our conference peers are so much more in touch with their fan bases than we are. I know that athletics has a lot of internal enemies, but this credit card thing is beyond stupid.

Another example of TU being its own worst enemy.

And my point is why is TU, of all places who struggles to get fans to actually come to games, implementing a very restrictive ticket purchasing policy for this game?

With Gragg as AD, I CAN believe we have another bad customer service idea, like cash only on game day.

However, I can’t imagine any coach hoping ticket policies will keep more fans away. Yes, even if a decent percentage of them would be visiting fans. Monty knows home ticket sales helps to pay for his present & future salary. That’s why Monty, like every TU coach I can remember always promotes ticket sales.

hopefully someone on this board has some pull with the GHC or the U administration and can ask "why" then "why not"?

There are credit card sales in the Club so there is no reason for that not to occur at the ticket booths. FTLOG at least one ticket office with a credit card box.

Maybe they think it will speed up the lines.
It won’t but, it will piss people off and they’ll go home vs walking to QT to get cash and coming back to stand in line.

Reactions: TU_BLA
It is utterly insane to not have CC purchases available. 5th grade girl scouts are able to process credit cards on their phones now.

How much in walk up sales will there be on that day? 500?

I think they did a bad job of explaining it. Maybe I’m wrong, but I think they mean there are no credit card sales at the little booths on the corner of the stadium. I see no reason why the Reynolds center ticket office would not take card when they do all the time. As I understand it on the other locations, the university is worried about liability that comes from taking cards over a wireless connection and they won’t put out the money to put in secure hard wire connections. It’s the same issue as why we can’t donate via credit/debit to the GHC anymore. There used to be a space on the mailer to write that in and they took it away. So that’s how I’m understanding it. Still not ideal for casual fans who haven’t been to a game before.

I think they did a bad job of explaining it. Maybe I’m wrong, but I think they mean there are no credit card sales at the little booths on the corner of the stadium. I see no reason why the Reynolds center ticket office would not take card when they do all the time. As I understand it on the other locations, the university is worried about liability that comes from taking cards over a wireless connection and they won’t put out the money to put in secure hard wire connections. It’s the same issue as why we can’t donate via credit/debit to the GHC anymore. There used to be a space on the mailer to write that in and they took it away. So that’s how I’m understanding it. Still not ideal for casual fans who haven’t been to a game before.

Cellular is secure for those.

if CC sales are available at the Ren Cen, then TU should not state publicly there are no cc day-of-game sales. It's not merely poor wording; it's wrong.

It is utterly insane to not have CC purchases available. 5th grade girl scouts are able to process credit cards on their phones now.

How much in walk up sales will there be on that day? 500?
Yeah, I can accept cc's for soccer monthly dues as the team manager. I can also accept Cash App. It's not that freaking hard. Technology (and the security around it) have become so much better and here TU is stuck in the 70's. Wonder if they'll figure out that the new credit cards don't even have raised numbers anymore so you can't even take an imprint?

So I threw the Monty thing out there as a desperate way to try and understand why the hell TU would do this. Does anyone think this is to try and dissuade scalpers? Heck, some of the scalpers can probably accept cc's or Cash App as well.

if CC sales are available at the Ren Cen, then TU should not state publicly there are no cc day-of-game sales. It's not merely poor wording; it's wrong.

The ticket windows on the NW side of the stadium is a permanent ticket operation. They most assuredly have a hard wired connection for a cc machine (and most are run directly through a computer swipe now and not even using the little PIN machine).

Can they be doing this to get people to commit earlier and buy their tickets sooner? I am seriously just trying to figure out who thought this was a good strategy at TU.

And if the GHC is not accepting donations via CC anymore they're going to lose a bunch of donations. I think my wife is down to about 3 checks per month and everything else is an e-pay...and even the ones she does write a check for could probably be paid by auto-deduct but she doesn't because it's not the same amount each month. Some of these policies and strategies seriously sound like someone is trying to undermine and undo the athletic dept. from the inside and when it under performs due to said stupid policies, they can point and say "see, they're hurting the university"

Never suspect conspiracy when laziness, incompetence or lack of accountability are viable explanations.

You have to wonder what an auditing team would recommend that reviewed such a policy. It exposes the University to an unnecessary risk of theft/fraud. First you’ve got to deal with the very real possibility upwards of $50,000 to $200,000 or more has to be moved off 11th Street on a weekend. That costs money just to do that safely. Now you’ve advertised it in the paper. Then there’s the very real possibility of petit theft from ticket workers. Shawn has done a bang up job for TU. He wouldn’t intentionally do anything stupid, lazy, or dishonest. Someone above him just isn’t thinking this through.

Please don’t tell me the number one cybersecurity school in the nation* cannot provide a remote and secure point of sale station. I’m depressed enough about the amateur nature of our operation.

Never suspect conspiracy when laziness, incompetence or lack of accountability are viable explanations.

You have to wonder what an auditing team would recommend that reviewed such a policy. It exposes the University to an unnecessary risk of theft/fraud. First you’ve got to deal with the very real possibility upwards of $50,000 to $200,000 or more has to be moved off 11th Street on a weekend. That costs money just to do that safely. Now you’ve advertised it in the paper. Then there’s the very real possibility of petit theft from ticket workers. Shawn has done a bang up job for TU. He wouldn’t intentionally do anything stupid, lazy, or dishonest. Someone above him just isn’t thinking this through.

Please don’t tell me the number one cybersecurity school in the nation* cannot provide a remote and secure point of sale station. I’m depressed enough about the amateur nature of our operation.
There was a reason I never associated Shawn with being responsible for this policy. I've known Shawn for a number of years and he has always had TU's best interests at heart.

I think someone seriously thought that they wanted to avoid long day-of-game lines at the ticket windows and threw this out there to get people to purchase their tickets in advance. Only thing is I haven't seen this on social media or in the paper or on the news, only on the TU website (I'm not saying it hasn't been in those other places, just I haven't seen it).

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
Truer words have never been spoken... Maybe it's as simple as just wanting to avoid the 3% processing fee? That's almost always the reason people don't accept CCs.

You gotta admit, that's world class gallows humor. Got a good laugh out of that one.

the GHC does take credit card donations. I know - I paid by calling. You can charge a variety of tickets - theater, etc. - online at the TU website (although I've had trouble making it work).

Truer words have never been spoken... Maybe it's as simple as just wanting to avoid the 3% processing fee? That's almost always the reason people don't accept CCs.

You gotta admit, that's world class gallows humor. Got a good laugh out of that one.
Thanks. I’m here to inform and entertain.

I don’t think they are worried about losing $3 a ticket when the tickets the rest of the year cost $20. But you never know, it could still be $3 to $4K depending on how many walk ups. I really think it just boils down to the fact they expect it to sell out and dont want to deal with it if it doesn’t.

Why do you care? You’ve been jumping the fence since you were 8.

Hahahahaaaa ... I wanted to see if the goody haul was equal to last year. Some folks took advantage of that free room at Shangri-La so was curious if there was anything similar this year.

Reactions: HuffyCane

They add on so many fees to the ticket price I can't see this as the reason why.

the GHC does take credit card donations. I know - I paid by calling. You can charge a variety of tickets - theater, etc. - online at the TU website (although I've had trouble making it work).
I use a CC also when I renew online.

Anybody got 9500 pennies in their garage? How about 11 of you all at once take your pennies to the ticket booth on dollies.

If memory serves, Oklahoma law prohibits merchants from specifying what form of legal tender may be presented in the sale of services.

Having to deal with 100,000 pennies would make this problem go away.

I said it wrong. I know they still allow it online. But you also used to just be able to write in your credit card info and send the mailer back. I was trying to say that’s not an option anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT