ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa -6

Gold*

Serious Cat Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
That was the open. Now it's Houston -12.

I would think TU +6 might have been a more reasonable line. 12.5 seems a bit high but possible if we continue to shoot as poorly as we have. Houston is not great defensively, especially on the perimeter. They are going to try to outshoot us. May be one of the games we can play more Igbanu than Magnay. Is Chicken still at Houston?

I wonder if the bettors realize Jalen Adams didn't play when UH won at U Conn.
Or maybe they are reflecting on the Illinois State performance in Hawaii or @ UALR.
I think a reasonable line is -8.
I also think an upset is possible, with Birt firing and a strong showing by Magnay and Taplin.

Reactions: astonmartin708
I wonder if the bettors realize Jalen Adams didn't play when UH won at U Conn.
Or maybe they are reflecting on the Illinois State performance in Hawaii or @ UALR.
I think a reasonable line is -8.
I also think an upset is possible, with Birt firing and a strong showing by Magnay and Taplin.
Taplin is the key. Can he stay in front of Gray and not get in foul trouble reaching? I am not sure Houston can play solid defense. Most times they are going to try to outscore you. I know they've had a couple of low scoring wins against UCONN and USF but UCONN is deliberately play 25 seconds of 4 corners basketball because of their short bench and USF is terrible. Granted, we could only score 40 points in this game and go 4 of 30 from 3 and have 25 turnovers, or we could have 80 points, low turnovers and go 13-30 from 3. I think Etou could have a field day down low as well. We are so enigmatic as to which team shows up.

Our shooting will tell the story. Birt is often "on" in these road games.

I don't believe in gut instincts or hunches... but my gut hunch is telling me Birt is going to play like "at SMU Birt"

Reactions: TU_BLA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT