ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane Game Thread

Same play on first down from Tulane but they are effective with it

Time to move on from this disaster

This cart may be hitched to this dead horse for some time... I do like that I have heard "redshirt freshmen" a lot when the commentators single out our players.

Now I’m rooting for us to lose. Makes it an easier decision to replace this staff.

Pretty sure they only had 10 on the field for that sack. Could be wrong but that’s what I counted at first glance

Now I’m rooting for us to lose. Makes it an easier decision to replace this staff.

Receivers aren't getting open and QB not getting it to them when they are. That's not the coaching staff's fault... wait... sorry

I do believe that primates know what to do with a football more than we do..

And guarantee they have a better QB than we do. I mean have you seen the spirals when they chunk their fecal matter? We’d have a solution to our deep ball issues!

Hmmm... are there any rules about playing primates?

We good now?

Clear how inept our coaching is?

Good guy. Personally like him. Bad coach.

If we don't go after Todd Graham we're as dumb as can be.

There isn't anywhere close to us coming open, we are now approaching Keith Burns bad. 1 winning season in 6 years. Looking like a 1 win season following up on a 2 win season.

We can not afford to allow this to continue.

Reactions: maverickfp
We good now?

Clear how inept our coaching is?

Good guy. Personally like him. Bad coach.

If we don't go after Todd Graham we're as dumb as can be.

There isn't anywhere close to us coming open, we are now approaching Keith Burns bad. 1 winning season in 6 years. Looking like a 1 win season following up on a 2 win season.

We can not afford to allow this to continue.

Has it really been six years now? Wow...

If Monty gets to stay at least demand an OC be hired and a new receiver coach. The best receiver is Neff and he comes in late in the game. Coach?

Yes, sadly since our C-USA Championship things have fallen apart...

2013: 3-9
2014: 2-10
2015: 6-7
2016: 10-3
2017: 2-10
2018: 1-7

24-46 (.342)

Dr. Gragg doesn’t even respond to emails. He is as much a part of the problem as is Monty!
Ya know, when Ross and Bubba were here, they would actually come up and talk to you like a person. Gragg acts like he is too good to talk to you.

Reactions: Tulsa76
Ya know, when Ross and Bubba were here, they would actually come up and talk to you like a person. Gragg acts like he is too good to talk to you.

Ross, especially, was an awesome athletics guy. It’s too bad his gambling problem ruined his career in athletics.

I happened to be at the same pub/bar in Dallas the night before one of our bowl games there (I think the BYU game). He recognized me as being a TU sports fan and invited me to drink with him and some of the football staff that were there. It was a very cool experience.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Ross, especially, was an awesome athletics guy. It’s too bad his gambling problem ruined his career in athletics.

I happened to be at the same pub/bar in Dallas the night before one of our bowl games there (I think the BYU game). He recognized me as being a TU sports fan and invited me to drink with him and some of the football staff that were there. It was a very cool experience.
Exactly , a great guy TU could be proud of, hate that his mistake cost him his job

Gragg is a game manager. Not a good match for what Tulsa needs right now. Another good guy who doesn't currently fit the role we have him in.

Yes, we are dangerously close to Burns era levels of bad.

We went 2-9, 4-7, 2-9(1-6 for Rader), 5-7, 1-11, 1-11 from 1997-2002 a total of 15-54 (.217)

Drop out our 10 win season and we are 14-43 (.245) we have a real possibility of being 2-10. Meaning a 25-49 record total (.337)

Reactions: Tulsa76
Yes, we are dangerously close to Burns era levels of bad.

We went 2-9, 4-7, 2-9(1-6 for Rader), 5-7, 1-11, 1-11 from 1997-2002 a total of 15-54 (.217)

Drop out our 10 win season and we are 14-43 (.245) we have a real possibility of being 2-10. Meaning a 25-49 record total (.337)
We were in the Case Center tonight and I can attest to the fact that TU donors are getting fed up with this boring and losing football. Even the wine tonight was bad!

We were in the Case Center tonight and I can attest to the fact that TU donors are getting fed up with this boring and losing football. Even the wine tonight was bad!

I'm not a money person and I get that things are tight, but then we need to do something.

Tulsa is sitting at an important moment, the cash from our media deal should improve, the conference is running at a high level. This means coaches up and comers, people looking for a second chance, and coordinators who are waiting for the right opportunity will be looking at us seriously.

Now is the time to gamble, the biggest jobs are stable. The ones who would compete with us are stable. If you are a coach with Texas connections there are two solid opennings looking likely right now. Tulsa and UNT if someone steals their guy (which may not happen this year because where is going to open that's worth it).

Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, Texas AnM, OU, Ok St, LSU, Arkansas, KU, K-state, Colorado all look solid. The biggest schools seem set except perhaps Ohio St.

By pure chance Tulsa may be one of the best jobs available this year.

It finally dawned on me that, while our D plays lights out for 3+ q's, they have looked absolutely gassed in the 4th the last several games despite very good depth. Of course, everyone's gassed in the 4th but we are not the best conditioned team out there. Moreover, we are not the deepest team on the O-line after injuries to starters. Just no push for our run game & lots of sacks & hurries the last few games. At least the youngsters playing are getting valuable experience for next year & the same goes for our (relatively) young defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT