ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane Game Thread

After my 2.5 hour drive home, I was expecting a higher degree of melting.

I guess we have officially achieved the acceptance stage.

I’m unsure if it’s apathetic or acceptance. Regardless once we had the ball in the 4th up 7 I texted my buddy to say “get ready we will eff up and lose now”. Sure enough the wheels fell off and we went under center despite never doing it a single time all season.

I feel bad for the players, I can tell they’re playing hard and trying their best. The coaches aren’t putting them into a consistent position to succeed. But hats off to Bill Young, he’s done a tremendous job improving the defense in a single off season

It finally dawned on me that, while our D plays lights out for 3+ q's, they have looked absolutely gassed in the 4th the last several games despite very good depth. Of course, everyone's gassed in the 4th but we are not the best conditioned team out there. Moreover, we are not the deepest team on the O-line after injuries to starters. Just no push for our run game & lots of sacks & hurries the last few games. At least the youngsters playing are getting valuable experience for next year & the same goes for our (relatively) young defense.

Just looking at the games. Our defense needs three touchdowns. 21 points and no turn overs and this team will give you a win. They know how likely that is to happen by the fourth quarter. Usually you can point to an offensive turnover or mistake being the final straw. We're still young on that side and their confidence is brittle when it comes to the offense helping them win in a close game.

Just looking at the games. Our defense needs three touchdowns. 21 points and no turn overs and this team will give you a win. They know how likely that is to happen by the fourth quarter. Usually you can point to an offensive turnover or mistake being the final straw. We're still young on that side and their confidence is brittle when it comes to the offense helping them win in a close game.

Our defense needs an offense that can string multiple first downs together and keep them off the field for a while...

It finally dawned on me that, while our D plays lights out for 3+ q's, they have looked absolutely gassed in the 4th the last several games despite very good depth. Of course, everyone's gassed in the 4th but we are not the best conditioned team out there. Moreover, we are not the deepest team on the O-line after injuries to starters. Just no push for our run game & lots of sacks & hurries the last few games. At least the youngsters playing are getting valuable experience for next year & the same goes for our (relatively) young defense.
Our quarterback and receivers are average. Hobbs is just going thru the motions...always good for a couple of dropped passes every game. Best defense in a long time and the offense is punch less.

Our quarterback and receivers are average. Hobbs is just going thru the motions...always good for a couple of dropped passes every game. Best defense in a long time and the offense is punch less.

Hobbs is frustrating to watch. He has potential but it just seems like he doesn’t give a :crap:. At least the other receivers look like they’re trying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT