ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane Game Moved Up to 11:00am

What's wrong with CBS Sports Network? At least anyone over 40 will be able to figure out how to watch it.

I wonder how many "What channel is ESPN3 on Cox" phone calls the TICKET OFFICE has fielded today?

What's wrong with CBS Sports Network? At least anyone over 40 will be able to figure out how to watch it.

I wonder how many "What channel is ESPN3 on Cox" phone calls the TICKET OFFICE has fielded today?

Probably 3... I imagine that they got more calls on how to use the online ticket transfer/resale options for the Houston game

I’m over 50 and I know how to use espn3. That’s not the problem. It’s the piss poor delivery of the product, with numerous drops of the broadcast that many of us have experienced this season thus far.

As far as changing the time of the game, why wasn’t it moved to Tulsa since the effects of Nate will begin to be felt tomorrow afternoon.

Nate will be category 1 tomorrow and is moving faster than expected. Maybe the game could be at 8 AM.

212738_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Nate will be category 1 tomorrow and is moving faster than expected. Maybe the game could be at 8 AM.

212738_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png
You heard it here first. As I mentioned yesterday and earlier today, its insane they are going to try and play this game. If movement exceeds 30 mph over night and the game isn’t over by 2, they ain’t gonna make it out.

So I wonder if this is our first game where there could really be a Hurricane warning siren?

Should be a huge crowd at the game, everybody likes to go to a game with a Hurricane bearing down.

Predictions -

If game is played, probably in an empty stadium.

Odds are in favor of game cancellation by Nate and the team heading home tomorrow by midday. You worry about getting to the airport and away before it’s closed. The other concern is the equipment trailer having to leave before the weather is too bad.

Anyone remember the TU at Colorado St game that was scheduled for a Sat but blizzard postponed it. Game was played on Sunday in front of an empty stadium. If the storm is fast moving I wonder if they just delay the game until Sunday. Doubt the conference wants to cancel it.

Anyone remember the TU at Colorado St game that was scheduled for a Sat but blizzard postponed it. Game was played on Sunday in front of an empty stadium. If the storm is fast moving I wonder if they just delay the game until Sunday. Doubt the conference wants to cancel it.
Just hope our players are safe, they will probably be stuck in NO

The Hurricane conditions will continue through Sunday. Police and other personnel needed for the game will be occupied with storm response. Play it now or play it after Thanksgiving.

Reactions: TU 1978
So what you're saying is if we play like last couple of games and get an early lead, we may get out of their with a W.
They have to play a half for it to be an official game if it is called for weather. So yes, quite possible. It won’t start raining until around 11am NOLA time and then it will be this weird misty stuff. Then around noon - look out. Run the ball. Get a two touch lead and pray for lightning is a good game plan.

Reactions: Gold*
Predictions -

If game is played, probably in an empty stadium.

Odds are in favor of game cancellation by Nate and the team heading home tomorrow by midday. You worry about getting to the airport and away before it’s closed. The other concern is the equipment trailer having to leave before the weather is too bad.
Stadium won’t be empty. These people like to party through hurricanes and starting it off with a tailgate is a good way to get it going. They will be there early and drunk, but leave once the rain gets going

Stadium won’t be empty. These people like to party through hurricanes and starting it off with a tailgate is a good way to get it going. They will be there early and drunk, but leave once the rain gets going

No tailgating tomorrow according to the Tulane board. Stadium area opens at 9, game at 10.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Wusses. Some of the best Florida State tailgates are during what is left of a trop storm or CAT1 or the outer bands of rain the night before landfall. On the other hand, the games are a mess

Last edited:
Reactions: TULSARISING
Just hope our players are safe, they will probably be stuck in NO
It’s a CAT1. As long as they stay inside they will be fine. Flying out of it would be the most dangerous thing they could do. Your average Oklahoman would be unimpressed with anything under a CAT4. A CAT1 is basically a March Tulsa thunderstorm for 12 hours.

Reactions: TULSARISING

This is a very fast moving hurricane. The current forecast shows it could be played Sunday afternoon but there is a potential for power outages, major flooding &/or major wind damage overnight. So it appears they are determined to play it Saturday AM. I'll be surprised if they can get the whole game in on Saturday with thunderstorms & lightning predicted for most of the day.

Unfortunately I do remember that Colorado State game. A late October blizzard in Fort Collins pushed the game to a Sunday & we played horribly & were blown out. That was part of a bad Rader season.

No tailgating tomorrow according to the Tulane board. Stadium area opens at 9, game at 10.

You read YOGWF? Do they still bar anyone but Tooooolane fans from posting?

I poop you not, there was once a thread on there about tailgating before one of our games. It involves a half empty, stale bag of Tostitos and no salsa. I think the three YOGWF posters showed up, but left early.

I don't think they tailgate much.

You read YOGWF? Do they still bar anyone but Tooooolane fans from posting?

I poop you not, there was once a thread on there about tailgating before one of our games. It involves a half empty, stale bag of Tostitos and no salsa. I think the three YOGWF posters showed up, but left early.

I don't think they tailgate much.

I somehow got banned from yogwf but found a backway in. They still only have about 3 fans.

Reactions: Gold* and HuffyCane
Their board, like their athletic program, is near death.

I want us to win of course, but mainly to cement the sense of despair in their three fans. People here get negative, but we have it better than others.

I'd make a charitable donation that I hope you match to make this happen. Needs to involve a whiskey tasting component. LEC can be sideline reporter. But only if it rains.

Just saw this.

Current finances might cut into the size of the donation, but, I would be Game in the future.

Reactions: Gold*
cbs sports has no secondary networks for prior game overages and ZERO streaming. I'll take espn 3 over that garbage anyday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT