ADVERTISEMENT

Tul$a vs. Fuente

RealTUTypical

I.T.S. Sophomore
Oct 3, 2015
True story:

Back in 1994 while still a senior at Union High, little Robbie Gerlach (future TU soccer player) beat the snot out of Justin Fuente in a stairwell at school.

I stand by our 1-0 record versus Fuente and my crystal ball says we'll be moving that record to 2-0 tomorrow night.

If Tul$a soccer player Robbie Gerlach > Fuente then Tul$a Football > Memphis Football.

Somebody do the math for the Memphis fan.

Reactions: el duran
Gerlach was a year or two behind me at Union...I graduated in 1993 when Chris Hayes was co-player of the year for basketball, along with Shea Seals. I knew Gerlach a little bit from soccer...he was a scrapper, but I never heard anything about him fighting Fuente. Gerlach was a Kappa Sig at TU...I was in the Pike house next door. I think the only time I ever went in the Kappa Sig house was when Gerlach invited me in for a beer.

For such a wee man to take down a bigger, stronger, and better athlete proves its not just the dog in the fight.

Tul$a - 45
Memphis - 38

Gerlach was a year or two behind me at Union...I graduated in 1993 when Chris Hayes was co-player of the year for basketball, along with Shea Seals. I knew Gerlach a little bit from soccer...he was a scrapper, but I never heard anything about him fighting Fuente. Gerlach was a Kappa Sig at TU...I was in the Pike house next door. I think the only time I ever went in the Kappa Sig house was when Gerlach invited me in for a beer.

Funny you mention Gerlach, a soccer player, being a Kappa Sig. Running joke in the early 90's through the new decade was that all the wanna be soccer players went Kappa Sig, flamed out from soccer and became male cheerleaders.

Funny you mention Gerlach, a soccer player, being a Kappa Sig. Running joke in the early 90's through the new decade was that all the wanna be soccer players went Kappa Sig, flamed out from soccer and became male cheerleaders.

That's funny b/c the majority of the starting 11 that went to the NCAA Tournament in 1991 were Kappa Sigs as well. I don't recall Gerlach being a cheerleader either, although I could be wrong about that since I graduated in May 93.

That running joke is no different that saying all the pansie stoners from St. Louis went Lambda Chi.

Cheerleading for Kappa Sigs was training for Festivus Feats of Strength.

Do you remember how large the female cheerleaders were in the 90's?

That's funny b/c the majority of the starting 11 that went to the NCAA Tournament in 1991 were Kappa Sigs as well. I don't recall Gerlach being a cheerleader either, although I could be wrong about that since I graduated in May 93.

That running joke is no different that saying all the pansie stoners from St. Louis went Lambda Chi.
Still true!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT