ADVERTISEMENT

TU Women vs Rice

TU1NNJ

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2004
TU up early 14 to 2.

Last edited:
38-22 at half. Crawford is on fire with 18 points. Young played well until she was injured midway through the first.

Last edited:
TU 40.6% shooting 71.4% from 3. Winning rebound battle 23-22. 5 assists, 5 steals, 1 block and 4 turnovers.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Weird third qtr. long stoppage of play. Tiky tacky foul calls and mugging not called. 53-43 TU.

More long stoppage of play in the 4th. Mathew’s was hit in the head by forearm of a player fighting through a screen. We will see if it is a technical in 5 to 10 minutes! No technical.

Rice is a dirty effing team. Maybe they should be called Dirty Rice.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
Rice hot now within 3. Reminds me of the Temple game. Opponent plays rough all game. Fouls called early but late refs swallow whistles.

Reactions: javastan
TU 70 - 65. More delays than play in second half.

38-22 at half. Crawford is on fire with 18 points. Young played well until she was injured midway through the first.
I saw the 10 pt lead going into the 4th and then we stopped playing or got too cute or whatever. It's a good win I just wish we would finish games strong instead of holding on for dear life. Young is a big piece for this team to be successful because she relieves some of the pressure off of Poindexter and Crawford and she is usually the most athletic player on the court. I have yet to see anyone stop her getting to the rim when she wants to.

This team is pretty damn good still...and yet next year is going to be the one we've been waiting for. Crawford and Poindexter will be seniors and they're adding some more quality size and depth.

TU 70 - 65. More delays than play in second half.
My son asked why they were stopping to review every single play the last 2 minutes. It was like a damn NBA game where the final 2 lasted about 20 minutes real time.

Crawford rock steady on clutch free throws.
Crawford is just a really good basketball player. She does a lot well.

And I will say in the last minute, TU's defense (especially their defensive footwork), help D, switches, etc. was spot on. The men could take a lesson or two from the women in this aspect.

Crawford is just a really good basketball player. She does a lot well.

And I will say in the last minute, TU's defense (especially their defensive footwork), help D, switches, etc. was spot on. The men could take a lesson or two from the women in this aspect.
A lot more back door cuts than the men.

Reactions: javastan
It looked serious but I hope not. She is such a good all around player plays good defense and can score

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT