ADVERTISEMENT

TU Women versus Iliinoise game thread

TU 1978

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2009
We’ll have the pregame updates and game thread here as thousands of TU fans get ready for tonight’s WBIT game.

#ReignCane

Reactions: drboobay
Decent crowd here. Illinois brought their band, cheerleaders, and a couple dozen fans.

Looks like the Illinoise coach is pushing for a T.

I thought Poindexter was fouled on the last shot that she made.

Reactions: TU 1978
Way out of synch and forcing things on offense..
Not out of it yet but need to take the good shots on O vs always going for the extra pass %32FG and %33 from 3 is not ideal.

On D, we’re not doing awful except on the midrange jumpers but, Illinois is shooting %50 FG and from 3.

Tough first half. They’re hitting 50% of their shots and we’re at 32%.

We have to figure out their man defense. It’s killing us.

Might be the end of the line for this season. Unless we can find something in the fourth quarter, they have been beating us soundly from the opening tip.
UI is like the teams that we have had trouble with ECU, Temple, strong physical and rebound well.

Rivals glitching all game.

Ill defense has been a plus for them. Our offense has never gotten untracked this game.

Tough loss for the women. But a really good season otherwise. Nelp seems like a great coach and the girls seem to love her. I appreciated her getting on the mic after the game to thank the fans and say they’ll be back next year.

The ladies are definitely heading in the right direction!

We
should be good again next year. Do we have any recruits other than the girl from IL. Coming in?
So we lose Gallegos, and we have three freshman coming in. One of which is another 6'3" forward. We should be even better next year. We gain the twin guards from Houston.

Reactions: TU 1978 and TU1NNJ
Lose Gallegos, Evans and Levings (injured most of the year). Lyles (great shooter last year as a freshmen) redshirted and Young injured mid-season second year in a row hopefully gets a medical redshirt for one these two years will both help the team. Hill ran the point well at the end of the season. The pieces may come together for an excellent season next year.

Last edited:
Great season for the women! They overcame injuries during the year which enabled Nelp to get more playing time for freshmen players.

There are three players coming in that could have a positive impact next year.

Now Rick can get the contract extended.

Great season for the women! They overcame injuries during the year which enabled Nelp to get more playing time for freshmen players.

There are three players coming in that could have a positive impact next year.

Now Rick can get the contract extended.
It was an outstanding season!
Can’t wait for next season!

Well I guess we won’t need to have Strap boost Ollie up on his shoulders to measure the rims at Hinkle.

• Haha
Reactions: TU_BLA
Did not think losing a womens game in a secondary tournament would keep me up at night. Or that I would care exactly 0% about the NCAA Tourney. Not even tempted a whiff to check a score.

Just getting truer bluer every year.

Did not think losing a womens game in a secondary tournament would keep me up at night. Or that I would care exactly 0% about the NCAA Tourney. Not even tempted a whiff to check a score.

Just getting truer bluer every year.
Yea, the women’s teams had all of my wife and I’s focus tonight in the Reynolds Center.

We’re disappointed yet, excited!

Nelp is doing some doing some awesome things with some awesome players!

We didn’t even think about the sweet 16 games until we went out for dinner after the game.

How cool is it that the TU women’s basketball team made us both forget about the NCAA men’s basketball! Sweet 16 games!

That alone says so much about what Nelp is doing!

next year has to be the year with the two best players being seniors. NCAA tournament run for sure

And Young if she's healthy. She is an absolute difference maker and frees Poindexter and Crawford up. And don't sleep on Maddie Cartwright. She's a good shooter, can get to the rim, and is an excellent 1v1 defender.
Young is a force onto herself when healthy. Hope she recovers that should make for quite a year with the freshman guards next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT