ADVERTISEMENT

Aggie game thread

They just wanted to make it exciting for the fans. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Reactions: TU 1978
Ugly win but a win is a win

Napoleon Dynamite Reaction GIF

Well they get to try it again against swosu next Friday and then 6 days later Memphis at the Reynolds center

I’m going to talk this crap every game so maybe the coaches will continue to listen and we win out. 😂
Their schedule is really tough, unlike ours.

You talk this crap every football and basketball game when we're down, what's different. (rhetorical)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tulsafanzz
We were the worst ranked loss they have this year. Their schedule is really tough, unlike ours.

You talk this crap every football and basketball game when we're down, what's different. (rhetorical)
While they do have a harder schedule but we are not their worst loss. They have several that are lower than we are. They are 1-2 in Q4. The other 4 wins are against D2, D3 or NAIA.

Several times Hall had a wide open three from the corner looked to take it but stopped, dribbled in looked to shoot then stopped and passed. He needs to take that open three.

While they do have a harder schedule but we are not their worst loss. They have several that are lower than we are. They are 1-2 in Q4. The other 4 wins are against D2, D3 or NAIA.
Going by post game radio guys. Will check them next time they say a stat. Almost checked them on this, but didn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: loca2874
Several times Hall had a wide open three from the corner looked to take it but stopped, dribbled in looked to shoot then stopped and passed. He needs to take that open three.
I agree. I was sitting here yelling “you’ve got to take that shot!” He’s got the range and we’ve seen it.

Reactions: TU 1978 and TU1NNJ
I agree. I was sitting here yelling “you’ve got to take that shot!” He’s got the range and we’ve seen it.
I respectfully have to disagree, at least at this point in his development. He is only 3-11 from the three at 27% thus not justifying that shot yet as a Freshman. Remember even Pooh Williamson would not shoot a three his first two years and became fantastic his last two. Hall will get much better at all ranges. But a worse offender who needs to quit sprinting to the open corner for an open three is Carlous who shoots 21% and air balled a wide open one last night. He is better inside 15 feet. I think he is still nervous at the D-1 level which may stabilize.

Going by post game radio guys. Will check them next time they say a stat. Almost checked them on this, but didn't.
We were their worst loss, based on Ken Pom, but due to the win we are now rated better (182) than Fresno St. (185) and Louisville (183).

So, it is very close. They've played a top 20 schedule thus far. That'll drop significantly once their conference play starts, but it has been challenging. And random fact, and just how things can go in college basketball, they were dominated by NM 106-62 and then 13 days later lost by one to NM.

We were their worst loss, based on Ken Pom, but due to the win we are now rated better (182) than Fresno St. (185) and Louisville (183).

So, it is very close. They've played a top 20 schedule thus far. That'll drop significantly once their conference play starts, but it has been challenging. And random fact, and just how things can go in college basketball, they were dominated by NM 106-62 and then 13 days later lost by one to NM.
I had a feeling they might be talking about ken pom. That's one of the reasons I didn't check it. (laziness) I'd possibly have to check both. That was more effort than I wanted to put out at the time.

After being down by 15 or 17 points early. Konkol started making adjustments that brought the team back in the 1st half. Some more halftime adjustments and TU made a great come from behind victory. This team never quit or gave up on themselves or their coaches. All-in-all a great team effort by players and coaches.

After being down by 15 or 17 points early. Konkol started making adjustments that brought the team back in the 1st half. Some more halftime adjustments and TU made a great come from behind victory. This team never quit or gave up on themselves or their coaches. All-in-all a great team effort by players and coaches.
Having Cobe on Cook's chest the whole second half made a big difference.

But a worse offender who needs to quit sprinting to the open corner
for an open three is Carlous who shoots 21% and air balled a wide
open one last night. He is better inside 15 feet. I think he is still
nervous at the D-1 level which may stabilize.
Carlous has had a rough stretch of play for the last game and a half..
He is using his hands instead of his feet on defense which makes him
foul prone...He lost a couple out of bounds that were simple
concentration errors, and as you say, his shooting has been way off,
and so has his balance...I keep wondering if his legs are OK..He is
gritty and a hard worker, so hopefully, there are better days ahead...

I thought we had some of our best defensive play the last 25 minutes
or so, and ESPN+'s camera work did a good job of catching the intensity
of it..I mention that because that has not always been true this season...

Last edited:
I thought we had some of our best defensive play the last 25 minutes
or so, and ESPN+'s camera work did a good job of catching the intensity
of it..I mention that because that has not always been true this season...
You are right. Best defense of the year against a gritty offense. particularly the perimeter defense...best there in 7-8 years.

Reactions: TU 1978
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT