ADVERTISEMENT

TU Women Host Arkansas on 3/21/24

We got North Texas and Tulsa in the WBIT, and UAB & UTSA in the WNIT, and of course Rice in the NCAA. I bet Temple is upset they didn't get a bid to any of them.

Last edited:
Exciting
I think our group will all be there
Anytime we can host roast the piggies here is a great opportunity
Hope all of our fans will show up

I looked at their roster they are big 6’4” two 6’3”” and one 6’2”. But they lost to Arkansas Pine Bluff at home a team we beat and lost to Florida on the road a team we beat. But they will bring a crowd

NCAA is footing the bill.

Thanks.

Yeah, I figured that when I saw somebody say it was owned by the NCAA, unlike on the men's side where the NCAA bought the NIT. I guess the WNIT was asking more than the NCAA was willing to pay. It was highway robbery by the NCAA, not to buy the WNIT? Now they just use their power to make the WBIT preferred to the WNIT. This makes the WNIT of less value to television networks, oh well.

Reactions: loca2874
Arkansas games in common:

C Arkansas - TU W by 2 / Ark W by 14 (-)
Ark P Bluff - TU W by 11 / Ark L by 4 (+)
Trnmt Miss St/MSU - TU L by 44 / Ark L by 3 (-)
Florida/@ Florida - TU W by 8 / Ark L by 4 (+/-)

The record with teams in common looks close to even, with Arkansas maybe being favored @ home, but playing on our court.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weatherdemon
Thanks.

Yeah, I figured that when I saw somebody say it was owned by the NCAA, unlike on the men's side where the NCAA bought the NIT. I guess the WNIT was asking more than the NCAA was willing to pay. It was highway robbery by the NCAA, not to buy the WNIT? Now they just use their power to make the WBIT preferred to the WNIT. This makes the WNIT of less value to television networks, oh well.
Should we expect the NCAA to do anything other than exercise whatever little power they have left? Look at how they destroyed the men's NIT this season by giving special privileges to certain conferences.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
We are a #3 seed

However the #1 Seed declined to play. So we do have a better path.

Update (March 18, 2024): After the 2024 WBIT bracket was released, the University of Miami notified the WBIT that it was unable to participate in the tournament.

Based on the WBIT team replacement policy, the WBIT Committee identified teams not selected as at-large teams for the original field to be designated as replacement teams. By policy, for any multi-bid conference that has a team unable to participate, the first ranked pre-identified replacement team shall be placed in the bracket in the position left vacant by the withdrawing team.

James Madison will now replace Miami and will host a first-round game against Stony Brook.

No.. the replacement team gets the #1....

"...the first ranked pre-identified replacement team shall be placed in the bracket in the position left vacant by the withdrawing team."

No.. the replacement team gets the #1....

"...the first ranked pre-identified replacement team shall be placed in the bracket in the position left vacant by the withdrawing team."
That kind of sucks when it comes to the prospects of a second home game. But I guess there's practicality to it.

We are in the bracket with 2 seed Washington versus Georgetown. If Georgetown wins we get another home game

Reactions: TU 1978
We are in the bracket with 2 seed Washington versus Georgetown. If Georgetown wins we get another home game
Yep but if we moved up the chain we would have taken the 2 seed. Better odds of a second home game.

But like I said not a huge deal.

We've got 3 going after not being able to convince my wife we should be going to Dallas for the CONCACAF Nations League semis. I mean you could get 2 games for $50 a ticket to that, US vs Jamaica and Mexico vs Panama.

Does anyone know if they are going to do any pre-game coach talk for the Champions Fund Members like they did at many of the home games?

Does anyone know if they are going to do any pre-game coach talk for the Champions Fund Members like they did at many of the home games?
I had no idea they did this for the women’s games.

No email about chalk talk for tomorrow’s game. Take that back just got email that there is a chalk talk at 1:20 on concourse above section 114.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT