ADVERTISEMENT

TU vs Cincinnati

Appreciate Jackson’s effort. He is in no way an answer as a solid D1 shooting guard. He or Barnes would need to be WAY better shooters to add sustainable value on a good D1 roster.

Only when he refrains from shooting outside the paint.

Seems like he's got the green light from Haith though. I haven't seen practice but maybe he can shoot a little better than he's shown so far?

If this continues it will be our third loss of approximately 20 points before the conference season is even half over...

Unacceptable.

Seems like he's got the green light from Haith though. I haven't seen practice but maybe he can shoot a little better than he's shown so far?

I saw him make one in practice, (one)
That is why all the Big 12 schools would not offer even though he was great on the dribble drive.

Reactions: URedskin54
Jackson maybe our only guard (possibly Joiner, too) that keeps Cincinnati from shooting relaxed 3 pointers.

A guard in today’s game must be a threat from the three. Otherwise no one guards them out there.

24 points...

Give them bus fare and let them find their own way home.

Chartered flights are for teams that win.

I've never seen such a disparity in how a team plays at home and away. Its actually pretty pathetic. Home court shouldn't matter that much to a team

Reactions: drboobay
Ready for a change. The wing depth is awful.

Need more swag...need dawgs. Need 1980-2003.

Wondering who our coach will be in 2020/2021.

I am sorely disappointed in how badly we have been whipped on the road. Not sure I can remember another season like this.

Cincinnati was just toying with TU tonight. It was really sad to watch.

Two weeks ago, I said that I thought this team was tougher than the team two years ago that melted down after blowing a big lead at home against Cincinnati. Tonight, I'm not so sure.

TU looked like the Huxtable kids while Cincy looked like Avon Barksdale's crew from "The Wire."

There's still time for the guys to turn things around but they need to start taking mega doses of "Bad Ass" instead of just plain bad.

We need one Kurtz, one Shelton and one Johnson in the spring recruiting class. Probably wishful thinking.

Reactions: quincy101
Jackson is 0-10 from the three point line and none that I have seen have even been close to going in and a perfect 0-7 from the free throw line. He does other things well but at this level you have to do everything well since your opponents do.

Cincinnati was just toying with TU tonight. It was really sad to watch.

Two weeks ago, I said that I thought this team was tougher than the team two years ago that melted down after blowing a big lead at home against Cincinnati. Tonight, I'm not so sure.

TU looked like the Huxtable kids while Cincy looked like Avon Barksdale's crew from "The Wire."

There's still time for the guys to turn things around but they need to start taking mega doses of "Bad Ass" instead of just plain bad.

We need one Kurtz, one Shelton and one Johnson in the spring recruiting class. Probably wishful thinking.

Funny, I though the same thing.. cincy could have beaten us by 40..

I’d take a Shelton, Kurtz, and Davis... hell I would take a Rollo and Maldonado right now..

Do we have a Ben Simmons ? I must have missed him.... :)

Sadly no, but I didn’t say we did. I also didn’t say all guards must be a threat from three.

I didn’t know much about Simmons until I watched the Thunder game on Saturday. I was very surprised that a point guard, no matter how tall he is, would pass up an open 3 pointer at the buzzer that would have won the game. I learned later that it’s just not his thing.

I thought Michael Cage was the only NBA guy to never make a 3 pointer.

Part of player development is on the coach. We haven’t had many guys take significant strides under Haith. It’s kind of been what you see is what you get. Some guys might see more production due to increased minutes, but beyond that you don’t see much. I honestly think Haith has seen multiple guys regress under him. Rashad Ray, Pat Birt, Curran Scott, and Taplin all come to mind. Add that to the fact that He already chases his biggest recruiting failures off the team and there haven’t been a ton of success stories.

Reminds me of the Jim King years...
"Turn out the lights, the party is over!"

Would not be surprised to see 3 more guys leave the program before it is all said and done. Surely Haith realizes the lack of talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT