ADVERTISEMENT

TU Spring Practice Underway -- players adjusting to rapid pace

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
Tulsa began spring football practices this week under first-year head coach Philip Montgomery and there is a noticeable difference in the tone and tempo of the workouts.

More info:
premium.gif
Spring practice underway
https://tulsa.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1745107

Just saw a tweet from a HS player from TX who I am assuming is being recruited by TU and was on campus on an unofficial visit some time this week:

"The tempo of Tulsa's football practice is crazy..." (Dee Toliver)

In various reports from Kelly Hines and Poplin who have been at one or more of the practices since Sunday, the pace of practice is said to be non-stop and crazy. All the QBs are doing the drills and throwing to all the receivers.

It sounds like what they teach you in a youth soccer clinic...no one should be sitting and watching others practice. Drills should be so that everyone is getting as many touches (reps) as possible. 2 practices in and I keep hearing about the pace of practice just being crazy....

I'm a little giddy about football and we still have some basketball season left

Poplin has definitely been excited.

I didn't think Hines knew what he was talking about on the radio yesterday.

Can't wait for April 18!

I love hearing how enthusiastic and energetic the players are. The last couple years can't have been easy for them and it sounds like they are all in and giving 100%.

Originally posted by TU_BLA:
I love hearing recruits excited about the pace....
I dont think he was a recruit.
I looked him up, I think he plays at Missouri Western? Guy under the same name was on rivals in like 2011?
So just a guy that probably knew someone and was able to drop in and watch practice.
This post was edited on 3/11 11:25 AM by TU_Landman

Found him

Originally posted by TU_Landman:
Originally posted by TU_BLA:
I love hearing recruits excited about the pace....
I dont think he was a recruit.
I looked him up, I think he plays at Missouri Western? Guy under the same name was on rivals in like 2011?
So just a guy that probably knew someone and was able to drop in and watch practice.
This post was edited on 3/11 11:25 AM by TU_Landman
Good catch. He's originally from Arlington, TX so there are probably just a few guys on the team he might know :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT