ADVERTISEMENT

2024-2025 Men's Schedule

I think the 18-13 prediction is fair, though I’d really like to see 20-11. Under 18 wins, with a weak schedule, both in and out of conference, will be troubling.

I’ve heard some really positive things about the off-season and how our practices have gone. But we’ll see how it all shakes out.

Reactions: loca2874
I would love to see us get back to where we were competing with anyone in the country. Under 10 losses would be fantastic. I think were we need to be is able to close out the close games and win those that we are supposed to win.

Just like last year, I’ve been to practice and still can’t tell. Garcia has to be full speed for us to be the best and I haven’t seen that. Carrington is always injured. If the fire and chemistry is better we might have a 17-14 chance. We are building from Freshman up like old times and results don’t occur overnight. Amadi might be the inside surprise along with Smikle.

Reactions: loca2874
Just like last year, I’ve been to practice and still can’t tell. Garcia has to be full speed for us to be the best and I haven’t seen that. Carrington is always injured. If the fire and chemistry is better we might have a 17-14 chance. We are building from Freshman up like old times and results don’t occur overnight. Amadi might be the inside surprise along with Smikle.
That will be a massive disappointment.

From what I have seen in practice Willis has been the only consistent shooter I talked to Garcia when I was at practice Wednesday and he said it would be another month and half before he is playing which would put it middle of November we need him playing good Maybe some others will pick up the shooting. I am hoping for a little over .500 record

From what I have seen in practice Willis has been the only consistent shooter I talked to Garcia when I was at practice Wednesday and he said it would be another month and half before he is playing which would put it middle of November we need him playing good Maybe some others will pick up the shooting. I am hoping for a little over .500 record
Ick.

Reactions: goldenhurricane2
I hope for better you can’t beat it when Tulsa is going to get in NCAA tournament I long for those days again

I will be disappointed if we do not make the NIT at a minimum. Not a prediction but a standard. How's that?
Since they changed the way they select teams for the NIT I think it’s easier for a team like us to make the big dance than it is the NIT. At least we could get hot in March and win 3 in a row, the way Manning’s second team did, but now we could win the league and lose one in the conference tournament and we would lose out to the 15th team in the B-10.

Since they changed the way they select teams for the NIT I think it’s easier for a team like us to make the big dance than it is the NIT. At least we could get hot in March and win 3 in a row, the way Manning’s second team did, but now we could win the league and lose one in the conference tournament and we would lose out to the 15th team in the B-10.
Yeah… the NIT would rather see a 15-15 B1G team with a losing conference record than a 25-5 mid major who won their league but lost in the conference tournament final. Not because the B1G team is light years better? No. But they are assuming the B1G will draw more eyeballs… which MIGHT be true in some cases, but last time I checked, viewership didn’t equate to team performance. It’s some real BS.

Fair enough. But that's not the core of my point.

If you prefer, I will say "the season will be a disappointment to me if we do not reach postseason play beyond the conference tournament."

I will be on here (probably Hurricane Alley) bitching about TU basketball if that does not happen. Fair warning.

To me that's what a real fan does. That, and sending donations to the athletic department.

Reactions: goldenhurricane2
I think we'll have a "Wojcik" 20-win season. Look for more balanced scoring. We beat Memphis on the road. A step forward.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
We will probably know after the ORU game. It will take two or three players to surprise us on the upside to get over a 17-14 mark but we had one surprise (Haggerty) last year. Another key injury to Willis or Garcia and we are under .500. UAB, Memphis, FAU, Wichita, and North Texas appear better than us. They seemed to have picked up some good portal players with nice bags of money .
What I want to see is Amadi and Barnes rebounding, Odom and Archie with 7 assists between them, and good outside shooting from somewhere. And watch for Smikle— beginning to be a favorite of mine.

What I want to see is Amadi and Barnes rebounding, Odom and Archie with 7 assists between them, and good outside shooting from somewhere. And watch for Smikle— beginning to be a favorite of mine.
Hopefully he can develop a bit of leaping ability, and turn into our next Martins Igbanu.

What I want to see is Amadi and Barnes rebounding, Odom and Archie with 7 assists between them, and
good outside shooting from somewhere. And watch for Smikle— beginning to be a favorite of mine.
Our conference, even with Cincy and Houston gone, is still a good basketball conference....In order
to get out of the bottom third of the conference, we are going to need more front court players on
the order of Smikle, and be able to keep them (and him, of course) beyond their freshman years... Our
guard recruiting and retention (with one notable exception) has been Ok....

If Garcia and Willis, and the rest of the team for that matter, can keep their health, this should be a
fun team to watch...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT