ADVERTISEMENT

TU Softball - Week 10

Tax Guy

I.T.S. Sophomore
Dec 5, 2003
Tulsa (36-4/10-1) stays home this weekend to face East Carolina (20-15/9-6)

Doubleheader on Saturday begins at 1 pm
Sunday's game start at noon.

No weekday games are scheduled.

Saturday will be the annual pink games to benefit the Young Survival Coalition - an organization to help young women who are facing breast cancer. There will be a silent auction throughout the day, and donations are welcome.

Golden Cane

Tulsa Softball and Tulsa Rowing student-athletes Jocelyn Sheffield and Rachel Perry performing at Golden Cane award.

This post was edited on 4/11 9:44 AM by Tax Guy

Golden Cane Awards

Re: Golden Cane

Arkansas fans can't fathom why Jill didn't want anything to do with beloved Razorbacks before choosing Tulsa, they're just stumped.

Late with the results as 14U Softball weekends are becoming very busy.
Looks like 25 mph winds all weekend resulted in some sloppy games. So providing more of a summary as the individual lines are kind of crazy and ugly. We did take the series 2-1.

Saturday Game 1:

East Carolina: 9

Tulsa 11

East Carolina had 10 hits, 4 errors and 4 LOB

Tulsa had 13 hits, 0 errors and 10 LOB

Saturday Game 2:

East Carolina 10

Tulsa 2

6 Innings

East Carolina had 11 hits, 3 errors 8 LOB

Tulsa had 7 hits 3 errors and 7 LOB

Sunday's game.

East Carolina 3

Tulsa 8

East Carolina had 7 hits 1 error and 8 LOB
Tulsa had 9 hits 2 errors and 6 LOB

Did I mention it seemed sloppy?
In the 3 games the 2 teams had a total of 13 errors 9 HR, 5 batters HBP.

ERA will go up this week as Aimee Creger gave up 9 in 11.1 innings, Caitlin Sill gave up 2 in 2.2, Bailey Erwin gave up 3 in 4.1

HRs for us. Roye, Kernen, Hughes, Sampson

Blanton had 2 triples and 2 doubles

Barrett also had a triple

Horner also had a double

This post was edited on 4/14 11:58 AM by Tax Guy

Polls are out

Tulsa dropped one spot in both polls and are now 16/18
RPI ranking held at 20th.

Jill Barrett is batting .487 up to 2nd
Jill Roye is batting .402 10th best freshman

Aimee Creger's 1.28 ERA and Bailey Erwin's 1.34 ERA are 14th and 15th
Aimee's number of Ks and Ks per 7 innings are still ranked 3rd and 1st

As a team the ERA is 1.42 for 5th
Team Batting Average is .346 also 5th

Record is now 38-5 overall and 12-2 in conference.

The wind was blowing out to left/left center very hard on Saturday afternoon. The ball just kept carrying. Balls that didn't seem very solidly struck went out. I saw the 4th inning of game 1 while I was on campus for another event Saturday. ECU had just made it 5-1 and TU drew a walk and the Barrett walked on a controversial check-swing (not called) that would have ended the inning. Next batter triple to deep center and it hit one of the fence's support posts and ricocheted away from the CF who was in good position for the carom and relay until the ball went crazy. Roye next hit a ball low and away off the end of the bat that carried out over the hedge in left (just under the scoreboard). Next batter then hit a HR to straight away center, carrying the fence by about 4 inches. CF made an attempt to catch and lost her glove in the hedge.

Unlike most college FP games I have seen, the umpire behind the plate seemed to have an awfully small strike zone. Plus any contact in the air just carried. I am certain the wind played a key factor in how the teams fielded the ball and how the pitchers seemed to struggle as well.

There will not be many teams who can hang with TU in a slugfest. This team is relentless at the plate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT