ADVERTISEMENT

TU Soccer vs Santa Clara

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
So SC has their games in some online production feed. It was great to watch. TU looked very good against a clearly overmatched SC who looked like a lot of 15 year old kids. I'm pretty sure I know some U11 and U12 keepers better technical keepers than the SC keeper. I've never seen a GK at that level punt with 2 hands holding the ball and standing still. Relative to age I think my son gets more distance on his punts. He also could not elevate a goal kick and it created such problems SC started taking the center back to take goal kicks later in the game.

TU had 2 horrible defensive breakdowns in which SC scored both goals. Until that point and after that point TU probably owned 70% of the possession.

TU has some terrific talent in its Fs and MFs. The defense was pretty solid and I think TU started its #2 GK. Golden Hurricane plays #1 Stanford tomorrow.

So you're saying we lost?
No, TU won 3-2 in OT. But SC is pretty bad right now and TU lacked quality finishes from good spots on the field. There's no way this game should have gone to OT. TU had a classic 10 minutes of no focus to start the 2nd half and it cost them 2 goals.

Ah, I gotcha. In defense of SC's keeper, I couldn't distribute worth a lick, although I didn't look like Ray Guy either.

But I could make some crazyass saves. And you didn't wanna go 50/50 with me on a corner or an elbow might inadvertently end up in your face.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT