ADVERTISEMENT

TU - MU game thread

Agree. Still having predictability issues with play calling, especially with President in. 4th and 2, bring him in and everyone in the stadium knows what's coming.

Tackling tonight has been ATROCIOUS.

Memphis is a good team. We've competed well tonight.

We're 1, probably 2 recruiting classes behind from being able to compete for a championship.

We don't have the talent to do what we need to do yet. Nothing to be ashamed of. We didn't recruit for 3 years. Our expectations should reflect that.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
634 yards given up through just over 3 quarters. Nice, lets set a new record.

Memphis is a good team. We've competed well tonight.

We're 1, probably 2 recruiting classes behind from being able to compete for a championship.
Or 3. We desperately need CBs and a QB if Chad isn't a good passer. We won't know if Chad is a good passer though because Monty likely won't ever let him throw.

Reactions: XOut88 and TulsaAM
We don't have the talent to do what we need to do yet. Nothing to be ashamed of. We didn't recruit for 3 years. Our expectations should reflect that.
Fair point...but there's still no reason for stupid, obvious play calls. See what Chad has...throw on 3rd or 4th down with Chad. So predictable. At least call plays that give your guys a chance.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Dane...Put President in now please. Lets see what he can do.

Reactions: TulsaAM
Don't play Evans any more. Please. Ride the pine the rest of the year for all I care.
What a joke of a play. He's made some solid passes tonight and some good plays...but wow. What a completely stupid way to give up the ball. Dane: "here memphis, our defense isn't getting destroyed enough, put up more points please."

They're putting him back out there...
WHY!!!??? I don't understand this from a coaching perspective. The game is lost, Dane has lost his edge in this quarter, put in President or Calcagni and give someone else some reps. Dane looked like he was running with a bowling ball when he fumbled that damn thing last series.

Reactions: XOut88
Anyone think Garrett has the speed and body for the next level? He really seems to have the tools and doesn't seem to have been slowed by the broken ankle at all.

Edit - 252 YARDS in this game! Wow...

Anyone think Garrett has the speed and body for the next level? He really seems to have the tools and doesn't seem to have been slowed by the broken ankle at all.
I'm not sure. He might. He'd have to work on his route running most likely since basically all he does now is fly routes, curls and slants. Gets way more complicated in the NFL.

Side note, that Simon kid looks like he had some pep in his step. Good for him. Maybe he can be a baller if given the chance.

Garrett has had a great 2015 so far. He's one of the last Todd Graham recruits..wish we had more talent on both sides of the line. No quarterback can be consistent with that offensive line. It's average at best.

Wow, with all that cushion...Mitchell made a GREAT play to get it to 4th down.

This defense is still playing their asses off.

This is no "lack of effort" for this team. Every single one of them plays hard and Coach Monty has brought positive attitude in abundance. I like this team, I want to route for this team, I want this team to win enough to go to a bowl game because they DESERVE that.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Get dane the EFF OUT OF THERE! Did you guys see that?! After the play he reached in for the football in the arms of the memphis guy that got the fumble...then jawed a little bit with them! pull his ass! he's acting like a little kid. ugh.

Memphis is honestly not 20 pts better than this team which is not what I'd say vs other opponents.

This is clearly Garrett's man up game of his career. More please.

This is no "lack of effort" for this team. Every single one of them plays hard and Coach Monty has brought positive attitude in abundance. I like this team, I want to route for this team, I want this team to win enough to go to a bowl game because they DESERVE that.
I think Dane gave up. Unforced fumble off his leg. Stupid 10 yard penalty on the chuck out of bounds to no one, when he had tons of time in the pocket, bad attitude after that fumble...no idea how he's still being trotted out there. losing respect for Monty.

Reactions: TulsaAM
I think Dane gave up. Unforced fumble off his leg. Stupid 10 yard penalty on the chuck out of bounds to no one, when he had tons of time in the pocket, bad attitude after that fumble...no idea how he's still being trotted out there. losing respect for Monty.

I don't think he gave up, he just makes a ton of poor decisions. He isn't a good QB, this system makes him look better than he is.

I suppose I'm glad we're able to score lots of points. Last year we couldn't buy a first down for quarters at a time. The defense was as we'd expect (by Tulsa standards) outside of #6, who deserves to be publicly flogged for screwing us repeatedly throughout the game.

Reactions: TUGrad06
We have some good linebackers currently committed. Good receiver in Brown from Stillwater. Great O-lineman...Rowdy Frederick will make immediate impact.

Need a few more play makers on offense, and we're in desperate need of Cornerbacks. Whitfield will be a solid safety, and Mitchell has potential. Barrow, Thomas, Williams, and Celistan are not getting it done. Thank Blankenship for his piss poor recruiting of corners, hope Monty can fix this issue, possibly with a juco or two.

This is a rebuilding year, the future is bright.

Garrett has had a great 2015 so far. He's one of the last Todd Graham recruits
Actually, he's a Blankenship recruit. Garrett committed to TU while Graham was coach, but then Graham left for Pitt and Garrett de-committed from TU and visited Pitt. Blankenship's staff convinced Garrett to re-commit to Tulsa and they signed him.

We have some good linebackers currently committed. Good receiver in Brown from Stillwater. Great O-lineman...Rowdy Frederick will make immediate impact.

Need a few more play makers on offense, and we're in desperate need of Cornerbacks. Whitfield will be a solid safety, and Mitchell has potential. Barrow, Thomas, Williams, and Celistan are not getting it done. Thank Blankenship for his piss poor recruiting of corners, hope Monty can fix this issue, possibly with a juco or two.

This is a rebuilding year, the future is bright.
JUCOs yes...please. We need like 4 of them, lol.

Have we recruited any CB's ? Looked sad out there.

We need some serious influx of talent at DB. And someone needs to please teach our defense how to tackle. Seriously, Darceus broke 5 tackles when Memohis was just trying to run out the clock. Same thing all night.

Our injuries are starting to pile up. All the way down to Rowdy Simon at RB. Atkinson gets hurt and doesn't come back in. Williams gets yanked so Barrow can come in and Thomas goes down.

Garrett- 268 yds receiving and 3 TDs. And Memphis couldn't cover him deep. Last long pass, the DB had 2 steps on Key and Key just ran past him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT