ADVERTISEMENT

TU - MU game thread

But you guys kept saying that Herman was TU's backup choice.

CougarTroll you're confused by what bigzit was talking about. He was referring to TU's previous HC being horrible and setting us back not Montgomery. Also, Herman did interview for the TU job and was our 2nd choice, I know that for a fact.

But you guys kept saying that Herman was TU's backup choice.
He was. Herman waited to see if Montgomery was going to take the job before moving on to other opportunities. Herman was next in line for an offer if Monty didn't accept. That's straight from parties involved, and I actually reported it that way as well when it happened.

This game is proof positive when you wake up and know your HC sucks, you have to cut bait - BB put Tulsa back 4-6 years. A horrible college HC.
I do not know which is worse....The Offensive Line or The Defensive Line. The freshman center keeps making the same procedure penalty over and over every game. The offensive line just caves in every 4 plays and the D-Line has problems putting any kind of pressure on their QB Lynch.

Sonuvabitch....
What kind of PISS POOR play calling is that on your first series after the half?? Don't they PLAN such things?? Run up the middle, weak pass into the flat (3 yard completion if it wasn't dropped), then drop back and get sacked with no receivers over the middle

The offense is not as dynamic as it needs to be with Evans running it. At this point give the ball to President, you've already burned the red-shirt.

Reactions: TUGrad06
Our defense is just so so bad. Tackling and the defensive backfield are just terrible.

The offense is not as dynamic as it needs to be with Evans running it. At this point give the ball to President, you've already burned the red-shirt.
Unfortunately, its still a 14 point game so Monty likely keeps Dane in. I want to see Chad run the full playbook the same as Dane and see how he passes. We know he can run.

Reactions: TulsaAM
Unfortunately, its still a 14 point game so Monty likely keeps Dane in. I want to see Chad run the full playbook the same as Dane and see how he passes. We know he can run.

Yeah, it was more of a "wishful thought" that an actual "valid comment" :rolleyes: but you make much sense with your reply.

I'm in Chicago and Mack Brown is doing the game... he is AWFUL... just sayin'

TD 88 for TU!!!!!!!!!

Don't stop me, I'm in a roll.

animal-house-speech_2.jpg

Reactions: RealTUTypical
I walk away to check on my son...and we score an 80 yard TD?! Holy crap. I'm sure I'll just be getting my hopes up, but I hope we win.

Yeah, it was more of a "wishful thought" that an actual "valid comment" :rolleyes: but you make much sense with your reply.

I'm in Chicago and Mack Brown is doing the game... he is AWFUL... just sayin'

TD 88 for TU!!!!!!!!!

He can't say "Fuente" He says "few-ente" lol He also can't say Keyaris
I like Mack though, he's always said good things about our team even when he's in the studio and we're not the marquis game. Seems like a cool guy.

Reactions: TulsaAM
Offense has certainly been inconsistent, but they do have 28 points early in the 3rd quarter. TU just can't stop Memphis' offense.

True... I'm just frustrated. If these kids had an actual coach the past few years imagine how good they would be. I am frustrated for them because OU, Houston and ECU were all beatable in my opinion.

Reactions: XOut88
He can't say "Fuente" He says "few-ente" lol He also can't say Keyaris
I like Mack though, he's always said good things about our team even when he's in the studio and we're not the marquis game. Seems like a cool guy.

Yeah, he is positive on TU so I shouldn't complain. It just hurts to hear him talk sometimes :p

Okay, they weren't set for a full second. We got called on that at ECU. That was BS...

Eesh, 6'7 240 lber can out run your LBers. Not good.

Oh lord, there's the old butter finger Hobbs. Perfect pass from Dane.

And Miller #74 with another false start?! WTF? How does the center false start? Move when you snap the ball...

Williams Jr must have 50 yds of penalties on his own.

This team is playing their GD hearts out.

Gonna say it again. Sit #6 Williams. He's giving yardage away every drive whether it's his 10 yard cushion, poor speed, or dumb penalties. Wheres the accountability. He's given away at least 40-50 yards in penalties this game.

Holding to a field goal is a victory for the D tonight!

love the play calls that put the WRs 2 yards in front of the first down line...so annoying.

And this is the problem with president. its the same problem with the wildcat with Whitmore in Arkansas...when Chad is in there...its 100% run. Where a jump pass? Where's a play action...rollout bootleg...SOMETHING OTHER THAN EXACTLY WHAT THEY'RE EXPECTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LORD MONTY, MIX IT UP!

Reactions: XOut88
So we're going to have a third down pass play that sets us up short where the receiver sets up then bring in president and expect him to get the first down??

Reactions: XOut88 and TulsaAM
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT