ADVERTISEMENT

🏀 Recruiting TU Basketball still looking to add size after another round of visits

I guess Keita is going somewhere else. Is Ashton still available?

Maybe they can find a big Lithuanian that would love a great education and a free ride to the states!

I guess Keita is going somewhere else. Is Ashton still available?
Still looking. Visiting USF tomorrow. Money, money, money. Not good that staff has failed to land any bigs after 4 or 5 visited here. Strange. Has to be NIL. Think of the playing time we can offer

Might be grades
I don't think we would give official visit without grade certification checks. It's all about NIL with the bigs. It's like fishing at the lake. You probably don't need to pay a guide to catch the small ones (guards) but to catch the lunkers, (bigs) you might need to hire a guide.

I wish someone would let Keita know this. Might make a difference although $$$ is the name of the game now.

This is not going well. What is the absolute last day for fall signing?

As my grandfather out in western Oklahoma would say “well it looks like we’re knee deep at the big muddy”.

Reactions: okie51
This is not going well. What is the absolute last day for fall signing?

As my grandfather out in western Oklahoma would say “well it looks like we’re knee deep at the big muddy”.
They know what mud is out there ? 😂

Can add them as long as they can still get enrolled for school. So latest is whenever the deadline is to be enrolled for fall classes.

So at TU that drop dead date is going to be 2 weeks after the start of classes and whatever date is designated as the final date to drop/add a class. Classes should start around August 14th so that date would be somewhere around August 28th. Granted, anyone coming in and enrolling in the Fall semester on August 28th has missed 2 weeks of classes and probably won't fare well with his/her grades.

It's so incredibly quiet on the recruiting front that it almost seems like it has
happened already...

Are there still viable candidates out there?? TU BLA mentioned that late arrivals
would miss a lot of class work....They also would miss a lot of the conditioning
and foundation training on the court that has already started.....
Everything is updated in Hurricane Alley...only a couple guys still in the mix at the moment.

I can’t imagine we are going to start one true front court player and have 3? empty roster slots…. Something’s got to give.
Seems likely that 2 and maybe 3 of those spots will go to guys you just hope are ugly ducklings.
In either case, OUCH!! It soon became apparent during the spring recruiting
that Konkol&Co. were recruiting more for potential that proven performance...
They have, to my way of thinking, done a reasonably good job of that....,But, if
they don't get at least one, but hopefully two "Bigs" to give us an inside game
on both ends, then that was just basically "Dancing around the Maypole"...

Visits from front liners have been few (and so far) futile....You have read all of
the supposed reasons for this....The fact that there are maybe more than a
couple is kind of scary....

Back on the farm as a kid, we learned you don't get much cotton from the
second pickin'.....That seems to be where we are right now....

Here's hoping for an upturn in fortunes during the next couple of weeks, and
like last season's Selebangue, we find a couple of good ones late....

Last edited:
Reactions: chito_and_leon
In either case, OUCH!! It soon became apparent during the spring recruiting
that Konkol&Co. were recruiting more for potential that proven performance...
They have, to my way of thinking, done a reasonably good job of that....,But, if
they don't get at least one, but hopefully two "Bigs" to give us an inside game
on both ends, that was just basically "Dancing around the Maypole"...

Visits from front liners have been few (and so far) futile....You have read all of
the supposed reasons for this....The fact that there are maybe more than a
couple is kind of scary....

Back on the farm as a kid, we learned you don't get much cotton from the
second pickin'.....That seems where we are right now....

Here's hoping for an upturn in fortunes during the next couple of weeks, and
like last season's Selebangue, we find a couple of good ones late....
It probably doesn't matter much for next year or the year after, in the best case we're probably not going to be very good. But we're never going to get good replacing 6+ guys a year so we need this class to be stable so we can build off something next year and having 3 complete hope and a prayer guys in those last spots makes that harder.

Reactions: seniorgolfer
It probably doesn't matter much for next year or the year after, in the best case we're probably not going to be very good. But we're never going to get good replacing 6+ guys a year so we need this class to be stable so we can build off something next year and having 3 complete hope and a prayer guys in those last spots makes that harder.
Oh, we are going to be much improved next season. Drugs are bad.

So at TU that drop dead date is going to be 2 weeks after the start of classes and whatever date is designated as the final date to drop/add a class. Classes should start around August 14th so that date would be somewhere around August 28th. Granted, anyone coming in and enrolling in the Fall semester on August 28th has missed 2 weeks of classes and probably won't fare well with his/her grades.
Yeah. Could happen. I’ve seen it before when working in college athletics

Some in here need to be patient. It’s a new world. Transfers are still out there. Most teams are still filling spots. Rosters aren’t settled yet. Summer is still time to add. There’s time.

Reactions: dougheffking
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT