ADVERTISEMENT

Triple Option

Hell no. We should learn how to throw and catch a football.

Let's see... should the craddle of the forward pass and the air raid offenses go to a strictly run based offense that most kids don't play in anymore?

No.

Glenn Dobbs mapped our route to success. Most of our successful coaches followed it.

Get the ball in the air, play fast, play hard, play smart. That's Tulsa football.

Reactions: TU_BLA
triple option football is dull, dull, dull. I never look forward to the Navy game, because I know it will be dull, dull, dull. How the Navy fans sit through it is a mystery to me.

I don't support a run game that encourages injury to opposing defenses. I hate playing Navy because I know we're going to lose at least one DL every season.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
Let's see... should the craddle of the forward pass and the air raid offenses go to a strictly run based offense that most kids don't play in anymore?

No.

Glenn Dobbs mapped our route to success. Most of our successful coaches followed it.

Get the ball in the air, play fast, play hard, play smart. That's Tulsa football.
The coaches should get Glenn Dobbs play book. He perfected the passing game when most team ran the ball.

Three yards and a cloud of dust.

triple option football is dull, dull, dull. I never look forward to the Navy game, because I know it will be dull, dull, dull. How the Navy fans sit through it is a mystery to me.

You must not be old enough to remember the golden age of OU football then...

Triple option is beautiful if ran properly.

I prefer the power-I formation though. I love bruising fullback play and ball control offense. A 17-10 game with the winner controlling 45 minutes of clock is beautiful football.

Reactions: TripleOption2018
Every conference should have one multiple option team that drives the other teams nuts. Under no circumstances should that be TU. At this point, we are essentially a multiple option team running veer concepts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT