ADVERTISEMENT

Thunder-Spurs, OT obviously

Crying about a missed call on a violation rarely called in the nba. Good stuff.
The issue is, if they call the travel the line becomes how they missed the foul on Thompson which caused the travel. Every time a team is trying to foul (but not really), they will lean on the player with the ball and it usually gets called as the player gets shoved. Russ was obviously off balance the second he got the ball, but even more so when he got bumped near mid court and went to pull up to call T.O. Does the NBA have the same rule that the college game has that the TO needs to be called by a player on the floor once the ball has been put into play/dribbled? Chances are the ref doesn't make any call if it is apparent that he is trying to call TO.

National media is in love with Seth Curry and anything that deprives them of salivating over the Warriors for another 3 weeks is obviously against the rules and needs to be handled correctly.

And GO CELTICS in the draft lottery tonight. 3 1st round picks, 4 2nd round picks. Let's add to the 17 banners hanging in the Gahden!

Hold up it's Adams' post game comments that are the issue with him?!

For crying out loud.

The issue is, if they call the travel the line becomes how they missed the foul on Thompson which caused the travel. Every time a team is trying to foul (but not really), they will lean on the player with the ball and it usually gets called as the player gets shoved. Russ was obviously off balance the second he got the ball, but even more so when he got bumped near mid court and went to pull up to call T.O. Does the NBA have the same rule that the college game has that the TO needs to be called by a player on the floor once the ball has been put into play/dribbled? Chances are the ref doesn't make any call if it is apparent that he is trying to call TO.

National media is in love with Seth Curry and anything that deprives them of salivating over the Warriors for another 3 weeks is obviously against the rules and needs to be handled correctly.

And GO CELTICS in the draft lottery tonight. 3 1st round picks, 4 2nd round picks. Let's add to the 17 banners hanging in the Gahden!
There's a kid named Harrison that I like a lot who's available this year... He's kind of a better Jordan Clarkson.

You are really stretching if you think Harrison is better than Clarkson. Not even close. You have to be able to shoot outside 15 feet in the NBA.

You are really stretching if you think Harrison is better than Clarkson. Not even close. You have to be able to shoot outside 15 feet in the NBA.
Coming out of college, that's not really something Clarkson had in his game either. He shot .281% from 3 during his senior season at Mizzou.

Also, tell that to Dwayne Wade, Young Michael Jordan, Russel Westbrook, Marcus Smart, Avery Bradley, Toney Allen, the list goes on...

Last edited:
Coming out of college, that's not really something Clarkson had in his game either. He shot .281% from 3 during his senior season at Mizzou.

Also, tell that to Dwayne Wade, Young Michael Jordan, Russel Westbrook, Marcus Smart, Avery Bradley, Toney Allen, the list goes on...
You forgot Rajon Rondo. Shaq is comparable to Rondo in many ways. As for Shaq to the Celtics, I'm not sure how that would work. I think Shaq fits the tenacious tough minded D personality of that team and I think Stevens would love his work ethic, but they need a #2 scorer behind Thomas in a big way. Right now that role falls to any of the other 11 guys on the roster on any given night. Personally, the Celtics need an "A" power forward first and foremost. Sullenger doesn't really fit that role right now. Olynyk wants to be Dirk (and I think he's on his way out of town). I think the Celtics will look to Horford from ATL and maybe package a couple of players, one of their 1sts and maybe 2 of the 2nds for him in a sign and trade deal. They will also chase KD...I ultimately think KD re-signs with OKC for a 1 yr plus a player option deal. The Thunder are not far away from being a legit championship team. Now that Donovan has finally gotten them to buy into some team defense plus not shying away from having Kanter and Adams on the floor together plus Waiters embracing his role as the 3rd option and stepping up defensively has put them in a really good place.

Hey, I needed some Celtics insight so thank you so much111111! When do they play this week?????

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Lol I wasn't saying Shaq was deserving of a first round pick, but a late second makes sense to me.

More Celtics talk please! If not, I'm going to have to listen to the new Parquet Courts album!!!!!

More Celtics talk please! If not, I'm going to have to listen to the new Parquet Courts album!!!!!

Gold, I didn't realize you were such a Celtics fan. Here's some info you can dream about tonight. Be sure to share with TU BLA.

LegionNBA– ‏@MySportsLegion

Celtics have the following picks in the draft. 3, 16, 23, 31, 35, 45, 51 and 58. 8 total picks.
4:44 AM - 18 May 2016

There's a kid named Harrison that I like a lot who's available this year... He's kind of a better Jordan Clarkson.

As much as I'd like to see Harrison drafted, I don't see it happening. With only 2 rounds and a total of 60 players drafted, looks like he'll be left out. A good indicator was the fact he wasn't invited to the combine.

His best chance is landing with a team as a free agent. He has some interest. Maybe he will be a surprise pick. Either way, I would love for him to get a chance. As much as pros practice and with outstanding coaching, I would bet his shooting percentages would improve. No doubt he's an elite athlete.

Shaquille Harrison update: Has had a workout with Clippers, had one with Nets today and will have one with Pistons on Thursday. #TulsaMBB
6:51 PM - 17 May 2016

Most younger tourists don't even remember that show now.
When I first started school in Boston, we would go down to Boston Common and play football...you'd see about 400 people in line any given Saturday trying to get into the Bull & Finch (where the exterior shots were taken). The inside looked NOTHING like the TV set.

When I first started school in Boston, we would go down to Boston Common and play football...you'd see about 400 people in line any given Saturday trying to get into the Bull & Finch (where the exterior shots were taken). The inside looked NOTHING like the TV set.
Wouldn't that mean that on some occasion YOU were one of the 400 people waiting to get into the bar? hahaha

Yes, Thunder v. Warriors series is a great matchup. However, for some of the old timers, it doesn't top some of the following:

1967 and 1968 Eastern Conference Finals between Philadelphia and Boston. Wilt v. Russell. Epic battles. The 1967 76ers broke the Celtics dominance, and the 1968 Celtics beat an incredible 76ers team.

The 1972 Western Conference Finals between the Lakers and the Bucks. Milwaukee had won the 1971 championship with 66-16 record. Lew Alcindor (before he was Kareem) and Oscar Robertson v. Wilt and Jerry West. Lakers won 33 consecutive games that year. Still a record. Bucks snapped their streak. Lakers win the series.

The 1967 76ers were 68-13 and 1972 Lakers were 69-13 - the two best records until Michael Jordan's Bulls.

Get off my lawn with your weird clothes and evil moustache and mouthpiece fetish, Westbrook and Adams and Curry!

:p

Get off my lawn with your weird clothes and evil moustache and mouthpiece fetish, Westbrook and Adams and Curry!

:p
Bill Simmons mentioned on twitter after yesterday's incident that Adams would probably be captain of (Bill's former cohost) Jalen Rose's "All Dark Alley Team" ... meaning guys you wouldn't want to run into in a dark alley. I'd put Westbrook on it as well simply because he looks like a legitimate psychopath at times. Don't get those two guys angry.

Yes, Thunder v. Warriors series is a great matchup. However, for some of the old timers, it doesn't top some of the following:

1967 and 1968 Eastern Conference Finals between Philadelphia and Boston. Wilt v. Russell. Epic battles. The 1967 76ers broke the Celtics dominance, and the 1968 Celtics beat an incredible 76ers team.

The 1972 Western Conference Finals between the Lakers and the Bucks. Milwaukee had won the 1971 championship with 66-16 record. Lew Alcindor (before he was Kareem) and Oscar Robertson v. Wilt and Jerry West. Lakers won 33 consecutive games that year. Still a record. Bucks snapped their streak. Lakers win the series.

The 1967 76ers were 68-13 and 1972 Lakers were 69-13 - the two best records until Michael Jordan's Bulls.
A bit later, but Celtics/Lakers Bird v Magic was some of the most compelling basketball in the 80's. How do you beat the lead in of them playing the NCAA championship against one another and then the Celtics/Lakers being the dominant teams of the 80's and meeting like 6 times in the Finals.

Really impressive how they are handling Golden State. I'm guessing they win the series in OKC.

Where's Rippin with his wonderful insights into Westbrook and the OKC Thunder? I guess he's waiting for the finals to make his edicts.

Let's get the Thunder to add Shaq Harrison!!!

A bit later, but Celtics/Lakers Bird v Magic was some of the most compelling basketball in the 80's. How do you beat the lead in of them playing the NCAA championship against one another and then the Celtics/Lakers being the dominant teams of the 80's and meeting like 6 times in the Finals.

You're getting ahead of yourself. The topic is still conference finals, not NBA finals. What channel are the Celtics on tomorrow night?

Really impressive how they are handling Golden State. I'm guessing they win the series in OKC.

Where's Rippin with his wonderful insights into Westbrook and the OKC Thunder? I guess he's waiting for the finals to make his edicts.
Hoping the Thunder come out wanting to win game 5 versus sleepwalking through it thinking they have game 6 back at the Peake. I've seen enough teams come back from 3-0 and 3-1 deficits, Golden State certainly has the scoring power to do it. Donovan really needs to instill in them that they need to finish it in 5 and take a few days to rest up for the finals. IF OKC is in the Finals, take them in 6 vs. the Cavs, 5 against the Raptors.

Hoping the Thunder come out wanting to win game 5 versus sleepwalking through it thinking they have game 6 back at the Peake. I've seen enough teams come back from 3-0 and 3-1 deficits, Golden State certainly has the scoring power to do it. Donovan really needs to instill in them that they need to finish it in 5 and take a few days to rest up for the finals. IF OKC is in the Finals, take them in 6 vs. the Cavs, 5 against the Raptors.

There have only been 12(5/7) since 1970.(3-0/3-1) And there has been approximately 675 series in that time period. So there aren't a lot of 'enough' teams out there.

My thoughts were on the other side of the series. Golden State is probably going to come out playing with their hair on fire, and get at least one more win, no matter how OKC plays in Golden State's next home game.

I admit I have a fairly low basketball IQ, but does it not look like bad (off the mark) passing is half of OKC's struggle offensively?

Career game by Thompson and Durant being off (as well as OKC from 3) and it was still close.
I hope they can take care of things Monday.
It was the 5th time this year that Thompson scored over 40 and there were at least 5 others where he would have if he'd played the fourth quarter. So it really wasn't out of the ordinary for him. Just another day at the office for the Warriors this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT