ADVERTISEMENT

Thunder-Spurs, OT obviously

chito_and_leon

I.T.S. Head Coach
Dec 5, 2003
Wow what a crazy ending. Especially the fan grabbing the OKC guy. If that had impacted the game, is there anything the refs can do? Can they call a tech for fan interference or something?

Chris Webber seems to have an agenda against the Thunder. Even Marv Albert couldn't calm him down after the game ended. I'm going to game 4 on Sunday. Can't wait. Of course, a Thunder game is just an excuse to visit Tucker's Onion Burgers on the way.

The Spurs got jobbed that last game. Hopefully they will sweep the rest of the games from the Dunder.

Yeah, that's my take as well. Webber can call timeout and remember his glory days when he whined about the refs against the Lakers.

The lady grabbing Adams is a criminal issue. You can't ever do that. The Spurs are a g rest organization, but have shown a lack of class at times in recent years. Remember their owner's antics when they lost last year?

The Spurs got jobbed that last game. Hopefully they will sweep the rest of the games from the Dunder.

There were literally 8 or more uncalled fouls during that last possession.
It started with the Spurs defender stepping on the out of bounds line while defending the inbound and ended with the fan grabbing Adams arm preventing him from getting back onto the court quickly so I struggle see how the Spurs were 'jobbed'.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie

Ginobli stepping on/over the line. Technical foul. Leonard basically hugging westbrook so he couldnt get open. Another technical. Both before Waiters gave Ginobli a little push, which if you watch it, most of it was Ginobli selling the crap out of it. It was a foul, but if they dont call the other 4 violations the spurs had, they shouldnt call that. Webber must of just had alot of money on the game or something. He was acting like a little baby

Ginobli stepping on/over the line. Technical foul. Leonard basically hugging westbrook so he couldnt get open. Another technical. Both before Waiters gave Ginobli a little push, which if you watch it, most of it was Ginobli selling the crap out of it. It was a foul, but if they dont call the other 4 violations the spurs had, they shouldnt call that. Webber must of just had alot of money on the game or something. He was acting like a little baby
Ginobili's was a technical (1 shot, ball back to Thunder OB), the grab of Westbrook is a dead ball foul (sort of the equivalent of the old NCAA intentional foul)..2 shots and Thunder ball OB.

Webber was acting like every other analyst and PBP guy...somewhat backing the team that has earned that respect from anyone associated with the NBA. The Spurs are an anomaly in this day and age of egos and salary caps. The Thunder may well get to that level of respectability but they haven't quite earned it yet.

Chris Weber is one of the worst color guys in the NBA. He honestly needs to take a hike. He puts me to sleep. The notion that former players always make the best color guys is faulty at best. The end of the Thunder game was one of the craziest things I have seen in a while. Someone I saw post said either call the first one or let everything else go. I guess they opted for the latter. Luckily it worked out for the boys in blue

Chris Weber is one of the worst color guys in the NBA. He honestly needs to take a hike. He puts me to sleep. The notion that former players always make the best color guys is faulty at best. The end of the Thunder game was one of the craziest things I have seen in a while. Someone I saw post said either call the first one or let everything else go. I guess they opted for the latter. Luckily it worked out for the boys in blue
I am OK for referee's opting for the latter. Too many instances NBA referees insert themselves as part of the action instead of letting the players decide. Star players get treated differently than non-stars (see LeBron James). This sort of officiating makes the NBA difficult to watch at times.

I was there last night. Loudest sporting event I've ever been to, and I've been to Arrowhead in the playoffs and Game 7 of the World Series in St. Louis. It got really crazy in here in the fourth quarter. I had to stop and breathe.

The 2nd half was about a solid as I've seen from the Thunder in awhile. They've regained the momentum and now need to take another from the Spurs on the road.

I thought that the Spur's rotation was out of sync all night due to Duncan's foul troubles. Having Adams and Kanter in the game together for extended periods was more than SA could handle.

And yes, it was the loudest event that I've attended also.

Thought I needed a new Thunder shirt but don't usually like to get something so late in a season. Left it to fate decide...win tonight and I go shopping.

New shirt ordered!

Another nice win for the good guys. The Adams/Kanter combo seems to be more than the Spurs can handle. Now just finish them off at home and not go back to Texas.

Prices at NBATickets.com have skyrocketed over the past hour. I doubt even the Anderson's could get tickets to this game.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Going to be a colossal last month of the season with OKC, Golden State and the LeBrons. Scoreboard operators will be highly challenged.

cf91c4bc1010e68e625767906e6c5f673e49ea53953c53507024d616d1621c38.jpg

Reactions: bluegold70
According to 538, OKC-Golden State is the best conference finals in history. Or at least the best two teams to ever square off in a conference finals.

According to 538, OKC-Golden State is the best conference finals in history. Or at least the best two teams to ever square off in a conference finals.
Maybe. but the Celtics-Pistons conference finals in the late 80's were epic, classic, and the teams actually hated each other on and off the court and made for some great entertaining basketball (and bench clearing brawls).

The 1990 Bulls Pistons matchup was pretty legendary as well.
I would agree. The good teams in the East contending against the Pistons always seemed to get dragged into bare knuckle brawls with the Bad Boys. Horace Grant vs Rodman was always a fun matchup to watch. Actually, anyone against Rodman, Mahorn, and Laimbeer always had the opportunity to turn into a wrestling/boxing match on the court.

Welp, now the only thing they'll talk about tomorrow will be the travel Westbrook got away with. Shame....

Hell. Yes.

Man, the refs keep taking the games away from the favorites.

Is it just me, or does the media not want the Thunder to win? I've never seen so many articles about alleged missed calls, when they are multiple missed calls at the end of every game. And now they are after Adams for some pretty stupid stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT