ADVERTISEMENT

This is the Republican Party

Why do I know that WATU watched every second of the 40 minutes of that propaganda piece
The second the "protesters" broke through the barrier and stormed into the building was the second it stopped being a legitimate political protest and moved to insurrection against the gov't of the United States. The 2nd they killed capitol police officers and brandished weapons was the second it also became an act of domestic terrorism. And I'm pretty sure it won't be long before all of the evidence points that Trump orchestrated the whole thing, not just incited or inspired it.

The second the "protesters" broke through the barrier and stormed into the building was the second it stopped being a legitimate political protest and moved to insurrection against the gov't of the United States. The 2nd they killed capitol police officers and brandished weapons was the second it also became an act of domestic terrorism. And I'm pretty sure it won't be long before all of the evidence points that Trump orchestrated the whole thing, not just incited or inspired it.
Can you link where anyone has been charged with killing a police officer ? Or even insurrection ?

Misquoted the charge: Seditious conspiracy defined as when two or more people work together to plan to overthrow the government or prevent the execution of its laws.
How about charges for murder or even manslaughter for killing the police officer? I’m obviously questioning the statement “they killed a capital police officer”. None of this should be construed as I anyway approve of their actions btw. I do believe those actions should be accurately characterized however as should all reporting and message board posting :).

as opposed to politicians who soil the halls of congress.

How about charges for murder or even manslaughter for killing the police officer? I’m obviously questioning the statement “they killed a capital police officer”. None of this should be construed as I anyway approve of their actions btw. I do believe those actions should be accurately characterized however as should all reporting and message board posting :).
blm, "what do we want? dead cops. when do we want it? Now"

yet they are welcome in the wh and congress.

Can you link where anyone has been charged with killing a police officer ? Or even insurrection ?
They’re lucky that Trump wasn’t convicted, because if he was it would honestly match the Constitutional definition of treason.

I think the prosecutors haven’t done their jobs well at all. The senate should have convicted without the partisan shenanigans we saw. These people should have been charged to the fullest extent of the law and sentenced to life in prison. Then Biden should have pardoned them out of goodwill towards the Republic showing that we are not beyond forgiving our brethren for disagreements and wrongdoings. Trump and some of his elected cronies should be in jail though.

They’re lucky that Trump wasn’t convicted, because if he was it would honestly match the Constitutional definition of treason.

I think the prosecutors haven’t done their jobs well at all. The senate should have convicted without the partisan shenanigans we saw. These people should have been charged to the fullest extent of the law and sentenced to life in prison. Then Biden should have pardoned them out of goodwill towards the Republic showing that we are not beyond forgiving our brethren for disagreements and wrongdoings. Trump and some of his elected cronies should be in jail though.
I’m highly skeptical that Biden’s Justice Dept is not prosecuting the people involved in Jan 6 to the full extent the actual evidence and facts will allow. There’s also been a full FBI investigation. They know the requisite elements of insurrection and murder/manslaughter etc. Over a year later there have been no charges brought suggesting any of the aforementioned offenses.

I assumed Trump would end up in jail as well shortly after his election. The longer this drags out the more doubt I have. The Dems likely have ten months left of House control. After that the investigations will shift toward the Dems. They better hurry.

I’m highly skeptical that Biden’s Justice Dept is not prosecuting the people involved in Jan 6 to the full extent the actual evidence and facts will allow. There’s also been a full FBI investigation. They know the requisite elements of insurrection and murder/manslaughter etc. Over a year later there have been no charges brought suggesting any of the aforementioned offenses.

I assumed Trump would end up in jail as well shortly after his election. The longer this drags out the more doubt I have. The Dems likely have ten months left of House control. After that the investigations will shift toward the Dems. They better hurry.
I think the DOJ is hamstrung by prior desisions in how much they can tie to an organized effort by some congressmen and the executive administration. To prosecute to a level that would match the crime, they need proof that a crime against the US was actually committed. (Rather than just destruction of property, physical assault, etc…)

Many of the people were charged in the same way they would have if they had jumped a local city councilor during a meeting. The magnitude of what these people were trying to do has largely been ignored because a Republican Congress not only chose to ignore it but also fomented it.

If this bill is true, I know that I have no idea where my birth certificate currently is and making me provide one would be a significant deterrent from me registering. Getting a sealed copy of your birth certificate is one of the biggest PITA’s ever.
About two months to get mine from Wisconsin.

And the GOP of today is nowhere close to even the Reagan era let alone someone like Eisenhower. And it's all Newt Gingrich's fault.
JFK might be considered a RINO in today’s Republican Party.

• Haha
Reactions: watu05
JFK might be considered a RINO in today’s Republican Party.
That's not how the Democratic party or the Republican Party have shifted.

Reagan called JFK Karl Marx with different hair (paraphrasing). That's who he was talking about when he said "the Democratic Party left me".

Conveniently that meant that JFK's New Frontier and LBJ's Great Society both were the reason for Reagan's change of heart. He aligned more closely with the Southern Democrats who were waffling between segregationists (states rights supporters) on both sides of the isle in Barry Goldwater and George Wallace. Nixon and Reagan openly began courting state's rights voters by the 70's and attempting to expand that appeal across the country.

Last edited:
That's not how the Democratic party or the Republican Party have shifted.
Agreed… He’ll Nixon would have been tar and feathered for the programs and policies he was credited with during his time in office. Not Watergate…

The parties have both polarized to the far reaching fringes. Got to be the most of this or that or your the enemy. Most of us are in the middle and that’s not a represented demographic.

Agreed… He’ll Nixon would have been tar and feathered for the programs and policies he was credited with during his time in office. Not Watergate…

The parties have both polarized to the far reaching fringes. Got to be the most of this or that or your the enemy. Most of us are in the middle and that’s not a represented demographic.
Nixon was a weird presidency. He started out more moderate, shaped by his youthful experience as VP for Ike. Then he lost to Kennedy in 60 and Goldwater in 64. He started courting the Goldwater south after that (as well as other parts of the country)

Goldwater fundamentally opposed moderation and endorsed extremism by policy. This was emulated by Reagan later (and to some degree Bush, and definitely Trump later than that) Goldwater's quote during his nomination acceptance speech was that "Extremism in the defense of Liberty is not a vice, and Moderation in search of Justice is not a virtue" Republicans have eaten that up for 60 years.

we
I think the DOJ is hamstrung by prior desisions in how much they can tie to an organized effort by some congressmen and the executive administration. To prosecute to a level that would match the crime, they need proof that a crime against the US was actually committed. (Rather than just destruction of property, physical assault, etc…)

Many of the people were charged in the same way they would have if they had jumped a local city councilor during a meeting. The magnitude of what these people were trying to do has largely been ignored because a Republican Congress not only chose to ignore it but also fomented it.
So the minority party in the House is responsible for the charges brought by Biden’s Justice Dept regarding Jan 6? I know extreme partisans like to deflect responsibility but even this seems rather extreme.

we

So the minority party in the House is responsible for the charges brought by Biden’s Justice Dept regarding Jan 6? I know extreme partisans like to deflect responsibility but even this seems rather extreme.
Minority party in the senate. (And actually the majority in the senate when the R's still had it)

They didn't have the majority in the Senate until February.
Aren’t new Senators sworn in on January 4 which is the official first day of the new Congress? Sorry…special elections. Duh

That said….it was well before the investigations and charges from Jan 6. Dems have controlled all three branches during the investigation and charging of the perps. Yet you’re blaming the out of power party for the action of Biden’s Justice Dept?

Aren’t new Senators sworn in on January 4 which is the official first day of the new Congress? Sorry…special elections. Duh

That said….it was well before the investigations and charges from Jan 6. Dems have controlled all three branches during the investigation and charging of the perps. Yet you’re blaming the out of power party for the action of Biden’s Justice Dept?
I'm blaming the minority party for protecting their interests rather than the interests of the Republic and not allowing 10 Republican senators to vote for conviction like should have happened. The problem wasn't the party who had the majority... it was that a SUPER majority was needed and the Republicans wouldn't man up and accept any degree of responsibility.

I'm blaming the minority party for protecting their interests rather than the interests of the Republic and not allowing 10 Republican senators to vote for conviction like should have happened. The problem wasn't the party who had the majority... it was that a SUPER majority was needed and the Republicans wouldn't man up and accept any degree of responsibility.
I was talking about the prosecution of the “protestors” not Trump in replying to TU_BLA comments. You brought up the DOJ. The DOJ has zero to do with the Senate trial of Trump. This discussion (from my standpoint) was always about the DOJ and the charges brought about from the Jan 6 riot

I was talking about the prosecution of the “protestors” not Trump in replying to TU_BLA comments. You brought up the DOJ. The DOJ has zero to do with the Senate trial of Trump. This discussion (from my standpoint) was always about the DOJ and the charges brought about from the Jan 6 riot
That's the thing... the charges that the DOJ is able to bring are related to the Trump impeachment. The crimes that these people are charged are similar to what you would expect for someone interrupting a trial. The fact that there aren't any charges related to the fact that THEY TRIED TO VIOLENTLY CHANGE THE OUTCOME OF A DEMORCATICALLY DECIDED FEDERAL ELECTION hasn't been part of the charges, and that's simply wrong.

I can't specifically tell you why, but the charges have been extremely light coming out of the DOJ... and it's not because they couldn't secure harsher convictions. The fact that the 'protestors' engaged in violent acts in an attempt to coerce / prevent / inhibit electors from casting / finalizing their votes should have resulted in somewhere around 81 MILLION - 150 MILLION counts per 'protestor' who participated in violence inside / outside or entered the chamber through destructive means. It shouldn't have been considered any differently than if men in MAGA hats stood outside any polling place across America with wooden batons.

Last edited:
That's the thing... the charges that the DOJ is able to bring are related to the Trump impeachment. The crimes that these people are charged are similar to what you would expect for someone interrupting a trial. The fact that there aren't any charges related to the fact that THEY TRIED TO VIOLENTLY CHANGE THE OUTCOME OF A DEMORCATICALLY DECIDED FEDERAL ELECTION hasn't been part of the charges, and that's simply wrong.

I can't specifically tell you why, but the charges have been extremely light coming out of the DOJ... and it's not because they couldn't secure harsher convictions.
The Senate trial has zero bearing on what the DOJ can bring. Now the FBI investigation and report has everything to do with what the DOJ can charge. The fact they found scant evidence of any coordinated plot likely torpedoed any insurrection charges. There were also very few assault charges brought and to my knowledge no aggregated or other violent actions which resulted in convictions. Which of course had zero to do with the Senate trial.

The Senate trial has zero bearing on what the DOJ can bring. Now the FBI investigation and report has everything to do with what the DOJ can charge. The fact they found scant evidence of any coordinated plot likely torpedoed any insurrection charges.
What did the FBI investigation determine about Trump's culpability (or his allies' culpability) for their addresses to a crowd who literally showed up in garb emblazoned with Trump's campaign slogan and with flags bearing his name and campaign slogan?

FYI, the FBI never opened an investigation into Trump's speech on January 6th. They left that for congress to decide. And congress decided wrongly.

When the coordination of the attack comes from telling your minions to assemble, then directing them to violence on live television... that's quite a coordinated plot. It's just that the coordinator was allowed to get away with it.

What did the FBI investigation determine about Trump's culpability (or his allies' culpability) for their addresses to a crowd who literally showed up in garb emblazoned with Trump's campaign slogan and with flags bearing his name and campaign slogan?

FYI, the FBI never opened an investigation into Trump's speech on January 6th. They left that for congress to decide. And congress decided wrongly.

When the coordination of the attack comes from telling your minions to assemble, then directing them to violence on live television... that's quite a coordinated plot. It's just that the coordinator was allowed to get away with it.
Again…I’m not talking about Trump. I’m talking about the people who were actually there. The people the FBI investigated. The people the FBI found little evidence of a coordinated plot overthrow anything. Those are the people the DOJ would charge for assault, insurrection, etc.. Very difficult to charge those people for insurrection with that FBI report. Very difficult to charge assault or worse without the same occurring. Not sure why you coming back to Trump. This entire conversation was centered on those at the capital and their actions.

Again…I’m not talking about Trump. I’m talking about the people who were actually there. The people the FBI investigated. The people the FBI found little evidence of a coordinated plot overthrow anything. Those are the people the DOJ would charge for assault, insurrection, etc.. Very difficult to charge those people for insurrection with that FBI report. Very difficult to charge assault or worse without the same occurring. Not sure why you coming back to Trump. This entire conversation was centered on those at the capital and their actions.
The FBI report didn't fully (or even really partially) investigate the person / people who instigated the action. I keep coming back to Trump because he's the person who fomented a coupe attempt. The only reason that these people aren't being charge like it was a failed coupe is because the Republicans in the Senate allowed Trump to walk. You say that the FBI didn't find evidence of origination / coordination to insight violence. They just found evidence of coordination to GET ALL OF TRUMP'S SUPPORTERS IN UNIFORM, IN ONE PLACE, SO HE COULD ADDRESS THEM. Of course, when he addressed them he told them what he wanted as did his cadre of middle men.

Don't try to tell me that this was an army of lone wolves that all decided to attack the capitol individually. That's not how these things work.

Even if they are all considered to be a conglomeration of lone actors... that still doesn't excuse the fact that they each individually chose to assault the sanctity of the votes of millions of people through violence and destruction. You aren't allowed to intimidate someone physically at a voting booth. Why are you able to do it to their representatives and get a lighter sentence?

80 Million people had their votes threatened that day. 80 Million. FBI report be damned. That's worth a lot more than a few years in prison, unless we as a society should decide to show mercy.

The same would go if those protesters or their representatives, had been able to prove with any tangible evidence that their votes had been nullified by election scams. To date they never could.

Last edited:
Uggg …. Again, what happened in the Senate has no relevance on what legal action the DOJ can take against the people in the capital. The Senate trial is not a “judicial” action with rules of evidence, etc..

Scant evidence of a coordinated plot to overthrow the election is as straight forward as one can get. Which again is why the people in the capital weren’t charged with a coordinated plot. Doesn’t get much clearer than that. FBI report and charges which were filed by Biden’s DOJ.

The FBI report didn't fully (or even really partially) investigate the person / people who instigated the action. I keep coming back to Trump because he's the person who fomented a coupe attempt. The only reason that these people aren't being charge like it was a failed coupe is because the Republicans in the Senate allowed Trump to walk. You say that the FBI didn't find evidence of origination / coordination to insight violence. They just found evidence of coordination to GET ALL OF TRUMP'S SUPPORTERS IN UNIFORM, IN ONE PLACE, SO HE COULD ADDRESS THEM. Of course, when he addressed them he told them what he wanted as did his cadre of middle men.

Don't try to tell me that this was an army of lone wolves that all decided to attack the capitol individually. That's not how these things work.

Even if they are all considered to be a conglomeration of lone actors... that still doesn't excuse the fact that they each individually chose to assault the sanctity of the votes of millions of people through violence and destruction. You aren't allowed to intimidate someone physically at a voting booth. Why are you able to do it to their representatives and get a lighter sentence?

80 Million people had their votes threatened that day. 80 Million. FBI report be damned. That's worth a lot more than a few years in prison, unless we as a society should decide to show mercy.

The same would go if those protesters or their representatives, had been able to prove with any tangible evidence that their votes had been nullified by election scams. To date they never could.
joe biden got more votes than obama? No way!!

so 50 Democrat Senators protected their party interests and supported sham impeachment trial

Uggg …. Again, what happened in the Senate has no relevance on what legal action the DOJ can take against the people in the capital. The Senate trial is not a “judicial” action with rules of evidence, etc..

Scant evidence of a coordinated plot to overthrow the election is as straight forward as one can get. Which again is why the people in the capital weren’t charged with a coordinated plot. Doesn’t get much clearer than that. FBI report and charges which were filed by Biden’s DOJ.
Show me the DOJ file on Trump’s actions that day. Don’t worry. I’ll wait.

You keep pointing to the fact that they didn’t find evidence of significant coordination when they refused to thoinvestigate the primary coordinator.

It would have been like not investigating Hitler for the burning of the Reichstag.

(or refusing to investigate Nixon’s actions during watergate)

Show me the DOJ file on Trump’s actions that day. Don’t worry. I’ll wait.

You keep pointing to the fact that they didn’t find evidence of significant coordination when they refused to thoinvestigate the primary coordinator.

It would have been like not investigating Hitler for the burning of the Reichstag.

(or refusing to investigate Nixon’s actions during watergate)
That would be Biden’s DOJ with that file. If Biden chooses not to release that info it’s on the Dems.

Pretty confident an investigation of the burning of the Reichstag would reveal a coordinated effort to do just that btw.

just survived a week in dc with family and friends. not sure who they hate more Republicans or Putin.

we were unable to have any political discussion, not becsuse i had a different opinion, but i was not allowed to have a different opinion. so I just bit my lip and smiled.

just survived a week in dc with family and friends. not sure who they hate more Republicans or Putin.

we were unable to have any political discussion, not becsuse i had a different opinion, but i was not allowed to have a different opinion. so I just bit my lip and smiled.
Now you know my life having been a non-conservative living in conservative states.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT