ADVERTISEMENT

This is the Democratic Party.

Correct. One of my biggest issues with the Republican Party is on abortion.
That was one of the most tragic parts of this political cycle and the last debates in particular.... Trump openly espousing a governmental policy of states rights which was one of the primary factors in most deadly civil conflicts in this nation's history.

over 75% favor some level of abortion.
Baloney, 6 week limitations eliminates most women realizing they are even pregnant. 14 ban abortions altogether with some exceptions for rape and incest. 4 ban it after 6 weeks. That's 20 states that ban it before the woman even realizes they are pregnant. Most women realize it somewhere between 6 and 12 weeks. So don't throw out this bs faux fact that 75% approve some level of abortions. By choice you have to be in the other 30 states to get an abortion when most women realize they are pregnant.

Reactions: eastcane
Baloney, 6 week limitations eliminates most women realizing they are even pregnant. 14 ban abortions altogether with some exceptions for rape and incest. 4 ban it after 6 weeks. That's 20 states that ban it before the woman even realizes they are pregnant. Most women realize it somewhere between 6 and 12 weeks. So don't throw out this bs faux fact that 75% approve some level of abortions. By choice you have to be in the other 30 states to get an abortion when most women realize they are pregnant.
And that's all before the fact that there are a few Republican states which are still going through prolonged lawsuits which are the only things preventing crappy laws from going through.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
The extremes of both parties are wrong on this issue imo. Sadly the chances of a federal law containing access to abortions during a reasonale period frame is slim to none.

Aston is correct in that this shouldn’t be a state by state decision. Pass federal legislation. Until such time it is what it is.

And that's all before the fact that there are a few Republican states which are still going through prolonged lawsuits which are the only things preventing crappy laws from going through.
Yeah it will be almost 50/50 then. Probably 45 states give or take a couple will not allow it at all and/or after 6 weeks, if the legislation makes it past the courts. That'a a whole lot different than the 75% of states allow abortion deceptive statement.

I'm getting tired of hearing about this jumbo, gigantic, huge, monumental interest rate cut.

It's either a normal cut of 1/4 or a large cut of 1/2. Period. Tired of all this hyperbole. A huge rate cut is 1% or 1.5%(which was actually done in the covid period) The 1.5% was massive, and only done in emergency, but 3/4 is a big cut, and 1% is a jumbo cut, not 1/2.

Reactions: eastcane
The extremes of both parties are wrong on this issue imo. Sadly the chances of a federal law containing access to abortions during a reasonale period frame is slim to none.

Aston is correct in that this shouldn’t be a state by state decision. Pass federal legislation. Until such time it is what it is.
the Supreme Court did not rule on abortion; pro or con. They ruled that it was a States Rights issue, not Federal.

I'm getting tired of hearing about this jumbo, gigantic, huge, monumental interest rate cut.

It's either a normal cut of 1/4 or a large cut of 1/2. Period. Tired of all this hyperbole. A huge rate cut is 1% or 1.5%(which was actually done in the covid period) The 1.5% was massive, and only done in emergency, but 3/4 is a big cut, and 1% is a jumbo cut, not 1/2.
Most people don’t understand what a rate cut means. They correlate Fed funds rate cut with lower mortgage rates. Home loan rates are higher this am than they were prior to the announced rate cut yesterday. The ten year bond yield is also higher this am.

the Supreme Court did not rule on abortion; pro or con. They ruled that it was a States Rights issue, not Federal.
Which is a bad decision, and no matter how much Trump lies to you and says that’s what everyone wanted, it wasn’t.

Maybe the Civil War should have acted as a clue that passing certain issues back to the states who are in heavy disagreement doesn’t actually solve issues.

Ironic that history only matters to some when it supports their current political position :)

As far as Rowe v Wade the court made the correct “legal” decision imo in finding there is no constitutional protected right to a medical procedure. Even though I am pro choice I recognize the Rowe decision was problematic from a legal standpoint. Which is why I’ve been arguing for years the need for federal law which protects reasonable abortion access. Thus far….crickets

As far as the Fed, I would have rather seen a .25 basis point move. Inflation is still our #1 enemy especially considering out huge debt service load. Adding liquidity to the money supply as well as continued debt based spending increases inflationary pressures. We’ve already seen the concern over the .50 point move in the bond markets.

Which is a bad decision, and no matter how much Trump lies to you and says that’s what everyone wanted, it wasn’t.

Maybe the Civil War should have acted as a clue that passing certain issues back to the states who are in heavy disagreement doesn’t actually solve issues.
RBG said Roe v wade was wrong

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT