ADVERTISEMENT

Thank God smiths time is done at TU

If he comes back im going to straight up be pissed off! Man that would be a nightmare

It's not about brin... It's about our coaches love affair with smith. It's about Keeping smith in even when he was clearly hurting for no other reason but to make sure WE AS FANS knew there was not qb controversy.

Look at Florida last night 3 qbs played. The coach was willing to play whoever would win the game. Monty just lets the ship burn just to be right on who his #1 pick was

It's not about brin... It's about our coaches love affair with smith. It's about Keeping smith in even when he was clearly hurting for no other reason but to make sure WE AS FANS knew there was not qb controversy.

Look at Florida last night 3 qbs played. The coach was willing to play whoever would win the game. Monty just lets the ship burn just to be right on who his #1 pick was
I don’t thinks it’s the fans Monty is thinking about, I think it’s the NFL scouts. My theory is that he fears pulling Smith for anything other than an obvious in-game injury will tank any chance Zach has of an NFL look.

Based on what I’ve seen, don’t think the NFL is in Zach’s future either way, but that’s my theory.

We have had some great QB's here in Tulsa and Zach is not one of them. If those others couldn't go pro Zach sure as hell won't. Please God tell me he's not coming back.

Reactions: TU 1978
I dont mean it to be just about Brin. But hes the backup. On this forum, if a qb throws an Int or has a bad game, it's this qb sucks, wed be up 20 if we played this other guy. It's the same thing every year. Now I think Brin will be a better option then Smith, but I have no idea for sure. He had throws against tulane that should of been picked off. For people to say wed be winning with Brin is absurd. I wouldbof liked to see what would of happened, but I knew there was no way he was getting in there

Reactions: 4tu2
I dont mean it to be just about Brin. But hes the backup. On this forum, if a qb throws an Int or has a bad game, it's this qb sucks, wed be up 20 if we played this other guy. It's the same thing every year. Now I think Brin will be a better option then Smith, but I have no idea for sure. He had throws against tulane that should of been picked off. For people to say wed be winning with Brin is absurd. I wouldbof liked to see what would of happened, but I knew there was no way he was getting in there

It's more about the coach than anything. There were maybe 2 games this year where Zach did good enough (and I mean maybe 2 quarters out of 4 each game) to help Tulsa win. The other 4 wins were in SPITE of Zach's play and the coaches intransigence to bench an obviously flailing and impotent QB by giving someone fresher and hungrier (and more mobile) a chance to go in and help their team. Monty and Zach are a tandem of mediocrity.

Just the difference in how Brin runs the read option would’ve been enough for me to put Brin in today. That may have helped with our red zone struggles today.

How exactly did that work out for the Gators?

TX

Thanks Zach for your time at Tulsa. I hope you are able to watch some TU games next year and cheer on the Hurricane. I will enjoy seeing the young QB.s play next year for which you have been a mentor.
Who said he’s leaving he will be back next year

• Haha
Reactions: TU 1978
Who said he’s leaving he will be back next year
You don't have a clue whether her will be back or not. Stop acting like you do. I doubt he even has a 100% clue whether he will be back. He has to get input on what people from the league think, from whatever sources he has access to. That's when he'll make his decision, and not before.

all im saying is you bring brin in on a 2nd and goal and now defense starts wondering what we are going to do... just shake it up! but nope we are just going to run up the gut 3 times and look over at the side line for 2min acting like its some amazing play

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT