ADVERTISEMENT

Texas

Anything is possible.
There are people overreacting to Texas' loss to Maryland and wanting Tom Herman gone but it is the locker room the matters.
Everyone thought that Maryland's coaching staff had loss their team but their players responded.

This comes down to football if Herman didn't lose the locker room.
Should be an interesting game. I have a lot of respect for Phillip Montgomery.
A great coach and a great offensive mind.

Anything is possible.
There are people overreacting to Texas' loss to Maryland and wanting Tom Herman gone but it is the locker room the matters.
Everyone thought that Maryland's coaching staff had loss their team but their players responded.

This comes down to football if Herman didn't lose the locker room.
Should be an interesting game. I have a lot of respect for Phillip Montgomery.
A great coach and a great offensive mind.

The fact that you are a sheriff is not germane to the situation.

RIP Bandit

We open as a 22 point dog.

At the risk of sounding too positive for the board, the greatest improvement happens between week 1 and week 2, so we’ll see how things look. Hopefully we see something that makes us all feel better.

Weather looks WET. Does that help us ? I would think it could even things out a bit.

Weather looks WET. Does that help us ? I would think it could even things out a bit.

Think it will be hit or miss. The higher chance will be tonight into Saturday morning.

From what I have seen and read from both sides is that Texas is looking to make this a dogfight in the trenches.
Rain won't stop that. Can Tulsa run the ball and can they stop the run will determine how much Texas wins by.

Think it will be hit or miss. The higher chance will be tonight into Saturday morning.

From what I have seen and read from both sides is that Texas is looking to make this a dogfight in the trenches.
Rain won't stop that. Can Tulsa run the ball and can they stop the run will determine how much Texas wins by.

Cool.

Maybe Texas can win by negative seven.
Hahaha. It's funny you mention negative numbers because we've been helping my son with his algebra homework and the idea of "absolute values" where it doesn't matter if it is a positive or negative number. If Texas won by -7 Hermann would probably try to explain the positiveness of said loss as an absolute value = improvement.

If Fexas loses tomorrow, Herman will have the players read another Steinbeck classic, “The Grapes of Wrath”.

I find it funny,

last week, espn was touting Herman as Myers replacement at Ohio st.
Now texas fans can't get rid of him soon enough.

Is there another team that does less with more? There’s no reason Texas shouldn’t be top 10 every year and compete for a title most years as well. With all the resources they have, they’ve really just shat the bed in regard to on field performance... Can you imagine what other schools could do if they had the same resources Texas has? Hell, what if we even had 1/4 of what Texas has - we wouldn’t have a 30k seat stadium and we wouldn’t be struggling with attendance, that’s for sure.

Here's one way to view game: if you're DirectTV., order the sports pack. LHN is in the pkg. It's $13 or 14 per month, but if one is naughty & xcels after a day or two, they pro-rate the time you've had it per day. Dish might have same deal. Otherwise, McNellies South will broadcast it.

The average Texans identity isn’t dependant on the success of the Texas’ football team.

I lived in Texas for years and UT sports were an afterthought to most. There are so many more things to do and care about in the state. Even most alumni I have met are more interested in the Texans or the Cowboys than they are the Horns..

If they were dependent on it, it would have been a long miserable decade for a lot of Texans.

The 6-6 Iowa State team we beat in the Liberty Bowl? I think there are going to be some surprised TU fans with the size and speed of Texas. They’re better than they showed last week. That said...if we play a clean game I think we have a chance to make this a close game in the 4th quarter. Anxious to see how our offensive and defensive lines hold up. These are the two matchups of most concern imo.

The 6-6 Iowa State team we beat in the Liberty Bowl?
Yes, the very same IaSt who beat Iowa, TCU & Baylor, among others. IaSt aced out LaTech for the LB slot. LaTech would have prolly beat us.

Yes, the very same IaSt who beat Iowa, TCU & Baylor, among others. IaSt aced out LaTech for the LB slot. LaTech would have prolly beat us.

Just making sure. That Iowa State team finished 3-6 in Big12 play which was good for next to last place in the conference (KU was last of course). This Texas team will be better than that next to last place Iowa State team.

Apparently I suck at trolling the Texas lurkers, since it resulted in arguing if they’re better than that Iowa st team.

My bad, will try better next time.

Reactions: lawpoke87
Apparently I suck at trolling the Texas lurkers, since it resulted in arguing if they’re better than that Iowa st team.

My bad, will try better next time.

No matter what you say, someone will always tell you you’re wrong and they’re right. It’s the law of the board.

The 6-6 Iowa State team we beat in the Liberty Bowl? I think there are going to be some surprised TU fans with the size and speed of Texas. They’re better than they showed last week. That said...if we play a clean game I think we have a chance to make this a close game in the 4th quarter. Anxious to see how our offensive and defensive lines hold up. These are the two matchups of most concern imo.
We barely squeaked by a FCS team and some fans appear to be even more optimistic as a result. I guess hope springs eternal.

Maryland losing to Bowling Green at the half? Could TU have more of a chance than we think? No.....Texas by 27.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT