ADVERTISEMENT

Texas

goldenhurricane2

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 9, 2006
We open as a 22 point dog.

At the risk of sounding too positive for the board, the greatest improvement happens between week 1 and week 2, so we’ll see how things look. Hopefully we see something that makes us all feel better.

Last edited:
We open as a 22 point dog.

At the risk of sounded too positive for the board, the greatest improvement happens between week 1 and week 2, so we’ll see how things look. Hopefully we something that makes us all feel better.
For the sake of my liver and the people who sit by me, I sure hope we improve...

Fexas is a winnable game.

Pee Wee Herman will be fired by next year.

Reactions: TULSARISING
If we play like we did Saturday and if they keep using president in that stupid ass “wildcat”. We will get our asses handed to us. We must execute better. Texas is pissed off and we are the next team.

If we're anything like we were Saturday, and I'm hoping thats not the case, the 22 point dog may be conservative. Being competitive, or otherwise, in this contest likely acts as the predictor of how the remainder of the season goes. I'm just not sure we'll be competitive versus a Texas team that left the field embarrassed on Saturday.

If we're anything like we were Saturday, and I'm hoping thats not the case, the 22 point dog may be conservative. Being competitive, or otherwise, in this contest likely acts as the predictor of how the remainder of the season goes. I'm just not sure we'll be competitive versus a Texas team that left the field embarrassed on Saturday.

You could be right, but I think our guys weren’t too proud of how close our game was on Saturday (from their tone of the post game show on the radio). So it goes both ways.

Texas QB is crap. Not saying we will win, but he can make a lot of mistakes. Also wouldn’t shock me if the stadium had lots of empty seats. That locker room isn’t far from quitting on Hermann.

Hey, if we can rush for over 200 again, won't it be one of those whoever scores last, wins type of deals???

We are actually getting some respect from the people picking this game, says we should cover the 21 point spread. Texas fans are in extreme melting mode right now. .. I like it!

This is the only time I will ever turn the horns upside down...

To the tune of Texas Fight!

Texas Bite!
Texas Bite!
Texas jump up and bite my ass!
Texas Bite!
Texas Bite!
Bite!
Bite!
Bite! Bite! Bite!

Reactions: TU 1978
Visited a horns forum, there is a good amount of melting over there and many posters think they'll lose and want herman gone. Guess we'll see. I still think their size and general more athletic ability will win, hopefully we make it competitive.

This game has me thinking the 2008 (?) Arkansas game where we get off to a bad start, come back and make the game really exciting and have a chance at the end but just can't finish. If that happens, LH fans will still want Hermann gone, and we'll be like, "not bad...maybe this team has a chance at doing something good"

This game has me thinking the 2008 (?) Arkansas game where we get off to a bad start, come back and make the game really exciting and have a chance at the end but just can't finish

Oh my gawd, I hope it isn't true Deja Vu of that and we get inside the 10-yard line and Monty gets cute and runs 3 straight wildcat runs with President ala Mahlzahn and using AJ Whitmore 3x in a row. :puke:

On a positive note, AJ Whitmore is now an HS football assistant, and I think basketball assistant, at his HS alma mater. Glad to see he was able to get past being ruled ineligible here, earn his degree, and get to do something he loves.

Reactions: JesseTU and TU405
Oh my gawd, I hope it isn't true Deja Vu of that and we get inside the 10-yard line and Monty gets cute and runs 3 straight wildcat runs with President ala Mahlzahn and using AJ Whitmore 3x in a row. :puke:

On a positive note, AJ Whitmore is now an HS football assistant, and I think basketball assistant, at his HS alma mater. Glad to see he was able to get past being ruled ineligible here, earn his degree, and get to do something he loves.
That game was so frustrating:
First down - run up the middle, no gain
Second down - they’re probably expecting a pass so we’ll fool them, run up the middle, no gain.
Third down - it’s an obvious passing down so there’s no way they’ll be expecting this, run up the middle, no gain.

Thought I should visit y'all's board to see where you are at.

The 3 things I saw that are correct
1) The UT players are pissed
2) Biggest improvement is from Week 1 to Week 2
3) If Tulsa can stay in the game late they could have a chance

The 3 things that are incorrect
1) Herman is going anywhere
2) Herman has loss the locker room
3) It will be a winnable game

Tulsa's Offense is not anything new to Todd Orlando.
The reason why Maryland had success was because of the uncertainty of what Maryland was going to run.
Maryland had 225 yards in 1 1/2 quarters
Had 180 in 2 1/2.

Their OL played for their fallen teammate. Even with that UT's D Line took control late.

Don't know much about how your OLine and DLine are but Texas will come out and attempt to push you around.

If they can control the trenches. This could be a 42-7 game.
If not then I think it will come down to if you can pressure Ehlinger and maintain coverage on the WRs.

Texas looks much better than last year even with the loss.
The media is putting pressure on the team to perform.

Reactions: t-townpod

The reason why Maryland had success was because of the uncertainty of what Maryland was going to run.
Had 180 in 2 1/2.

Their OL played for their fallen teammate. Even with that UT's D Line took control late.

Don't know much about how your OLine and DLine are but Texas will come out and attempt to push you around.

If not then I think it will come down to if you can pressure Ehlinger and maintain coverage on the WRs.

Wow thanks for coming to our board to tell us our opinions are wrong and yours are somehow right. I can’t imagine why anyone would think Texas folks are dbags...

Well, he did join on July 28th and first Rivals posts was this...

Even better! So we know he must be an expert, because only experts create message board accounts just to crap talk other teams. I’m willing to bet our friend didn’t graduate from UT either...

While Texas has more talent than us and should win..they’re also 1-0 like us. Remember? They lost even though they’re clearly better and dominated the end of that game.

Spare us dbag.

Had 180 in 2 1/2.

Thank you. This is the kind of fan interaction I enjoy. You made reasoned points. Hope we can prove you wrong but I appreciate your comments. Sorry for the responses you received.

Thank you. This is the kind of fan interaction I enjoy. You made reasoned points. Hope we can prove you wrong but I appreciate your comments. Sorry for the responses you received.

You may love it when fans from other teams talk down to you, but I don’t. Good luck with that.

Reactions: TULSARISING
I fully expect to lose, but the dynamic around Texas is definitely interesting coming in.

That game was so frustrating:
First down - run up the middle, no gain
Second down - they’re probably expecting a pass so we’ll fool them, run up the middle, no gain.
Third down - it’s an obvious passing down so there’s no way they’ll be expecting this, run up the middle, no gain.
I was at that game. Outside of the 1st 8 minutes where we gave up 17 points, we sort of dominated. And that game really showed the incredibly stupid bias of SEC referees against us. The number of phantom holds and pass interference calls (didn't we get called for a couple of offensive PI's in that game?)...just blatantly biased.

One of the things I have not factored in here is the half the team is from Texas factor...does that lead to playing with an enormous chip and something to prove? Will that matter?

Reactions: Aboomer
I know some Fexas fans who want a loss to ensure Pee Wee Herman’s departure sooner rather than later.
A bad season would make it easier to get rid of Hermann and cite the poor judgement shown while an assistant at Ohio State and the whole Zach Smith thing. If Hermann gets fired after this season I bet that ends up being the tag-line and Texas avoids performance issues altogether. It may also get them out of the buyout as well, especially this early.

Tulsa can win (or Texas can beat itself, whatever makes you accept the statement). Vegas probably has the odds of that happening in Austin dialed in pretty well, but it could happen.

That said, firing Herman would be insane. 3 seasons for Strong. 2 seasons for Herman. If you want to find a way to take the Texas job outside the top tier - fire 'em all and fire 'em often. Currently, its only been 8 years since you were relevant, you're rich, and can still out-compete everyone for Texas recruits (take joy in the fact that A&M hasn't been able to capitalize on your rough years, Baylor fell like a bag of manure, and you can afford to hire away Houston's coaches). But you could still mess this up and make it a longer term fall from grace. Come on, you can do it!

Honestly, almost anyone can misfire in one game. I get why the fans are mad, particularity when the default position has been set to "expect disappointment." trust me, I know. But the Texas fan meltdown if they lost to us would be amazing. I think OU season ticket holders might buy our new practice facility out of gratitude.

/trolling, kinda'

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT