ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech

Tech has played a far weaker schedule than TU. Should be a very good game

Sweet, unbelievable but the women's team got me interested in TU alethlics again.

Between this board and all the "Karen " trash on the free side and the very poor performance of the men's programs I lost interest.

I'd consider buying season tickets next year if the package included both Bball teams.

JMO

Reactions: eastcane
Sweet, unbelievable but the women's team got me interested in TU alethlics again.

Between this board and all the "Karen " trash on the free side and the very poor performance of the men's programs I lost interest.

I'd consider buying season tickets next year if the package included both Bball teams.

JMO
I've been to most of the men's basketball games this year and it doesn't seem like very poor performance to me. It is exciting basketball. The women are doing great too and are beginning to draw well.

I've been to most of the men's basketball games this year and it doesn't seem like very poor performance to me. It is exciting basketball. The women are doing great too and are beginning to draw well.
The men are fun to watch. Now are they young and still learning? Yes. But we are right on schedule in my opinion in the rebuild.

Right this is the first year isn't it?
That's all I'm saying, didn't mention this year's men's team.

I agree you, I got interested in the women team last year. Glad to see Ahrray back. Mady looks like a gamer. Elaine looks like a player

No need to mention the other women from last year as we all know the gamers.

They need some size that can run IMO.

No need to throw the young ladies under the bus because the men's teams performance IMO

But hey the men are all that matters to most here it seems.

Last edited:
Right this is the first year isn't it?
That's all I'm saying, didn't mention this year's men's team.

I agree you, I got interested in the women team last year. Glad to see Ahrray back. Mady looks like a gamer. Elaine looks like a player

No need to mention the other women from last year as we all know the gamers.

They need some size that can run IMO.

No need to throw the young ladies under the bus because the men's teams performance IMO

But hey the men are all that matters to most here it seems.
No one is throwing the women's team under the bus, at all.

17-7 at the end of 1. This team is playing with so much confidence right now. Araya Young must have be injured early on because she is a dynamic player who can get insides. Poindexter hasn't been involved much on offense but she has at least 2 blocks on defense and after a slow start on the boards, we've picked it up. Look good so far. Now can't have one of our typical 4 pt 2nd quarters.

Reactions: TU 1978
T Tech doesn’t impress me. How are they undefeated?

These gals play extremely hard, well coached. Cartright from Greenwood Ark is going to be a player.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU1NNJ
These officials are going to keep TT in the game by putting them at the line back to back to back!

Reactions: TU 1978
I cannot believe every call except the intentional fouls have been given to TT!

What should have been a 15 point win became single digits win solely based on officiating!

Great win for TU, especially considering the second half “officiating”.

I didn't watch the 2nd half as the production was just too uneven for me. It sounds like the 2nd half officiating benefited Texas Tech whereas we definitely seemed to catch the benefit of many calls in the 1st half.

Regardless, really nice win against a P5 opponent which I think is the 3rd so far this season for TU. I don't know that we can sustain this over the entire AAC season and surpass USF but we should at least make them fight for wins and not cruise to the title. Texas Tech had some heft to them, reminded me of Memphis and maybe some of the better ECU teams and we were able to bang and hang in there. This is the type of game that last year we'd lose the rebounding battle by 20+ and a lot of those would be offensive.

I said it earlier, I love the way this team moves without the balls. The number of back door cuts and layup chances is great to see and you can't sag down and take those lanes away because we shoot the 3 well enough to keep teams honest for the most part.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
It'd be really nice to have the 4th quarter of that ORU game back. We may have had some top 25 votes come Monday had we not blown that one. Tech had 13 votes in the AP poll.

Another game tonight against SELA. Same time, same place.

It'd be really nice to have the 4th quarter of that ORU game back. We may have had some top 25 votes come Monday had we not blown that one. Tech had 13 votes in the AP poll.

Another game tonight against SELA. Same time, same place.
Yeah, we played inexplicably terrible in that last quarter against ORU. The only other 2 games we lost were to a top 25 team and a TCU team that is always solid. I don't know if we're top 25 yet because we still lack depth but we definitely have a couple of top 25 caliber players in Crawford and Poindexter. IMO, Poindexter is probably the early favorite for AAC POY. And Young is a special player. I'll need to go back and see if she played in the ORU game b/c I think she was hurt early on and Cartwright was getting those minutes. Cartwright can shoot but she can't get to the rim quite like Young can.

Good to see the program coming back to early 2000s level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT