ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgating

tufan56

I.T.S. Sophomore
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2008
Apologies if this topic has already been covered on here in detail... but just have a general question on football tailgating.

Outside of Chapman Commons and 8th Street, are there any good, free, on-campus areas for tailgating? Any options for visiting fans? I haven't lived in Tulsa or been able to regularly attend games in a few years, and I know things have changed, so I'd appreciate any insight y'all could provide...

Here is a parking map of TU gamedays and places one might*** be able to tailgate. Note that some places probably require purchase (like Chapman Commons) or a parking pass via TU Hurricane Club Donation.

I'm honestly curious about what TU would do if more people started tailgating on Harwell Field. It seems like a perfect spot if you're not willing to pay the premium for electrical outlets over on Chapman Commons. Not sure about the likelihood of tailgating South of 11th St.

Annotation-2019-08-21-151908.jpg

I tailgated with friends over west of ACAC on the grass and the only thing security ever said to us was a request for a brisket sample. That went on for years. We all got too old around the Kragthorpe era.

It was perfect. We could park for free at the law school and the bathrooms in ACAC were steps away. Everyone who needed to find us knew exactly where ACAC was. It was perfect.

We put up tents, cornhole/lawn darts, kegs, music speakers, etc. Some lady from GHC did tell us not to bring a full size smoker back the next game one year in the late 90s. But we didn’t take her serious and the smoker was a one off event anyway.

I never understood why more people didn’t join us over there.

Interesting, they now list the apt. lots between 5th place and 3rd street as cash only lots. We usually park in the small professor lot behind BAH or whatever they're calling that building now. No one is ever parked there and it's free.

Interesting, they now list the apt. lots between 5th place and 3rd street as cash only lots. We usually park in the small professor lot behind BAH or whatever they're calling that building now. No one is ever parked there and it's free.
I always parked in the neighborhoods to the south and walked. It was always nice to walk to the stadium by people who were pregaming on their front stoops.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to join our tailgate group on campus. Our group rents the grounds of the Wesley Foundation for every home game. Music, food, TV, yard games, etc. Our tailgates are themed and we just ask that you bring a side and your own drinks. More info can be found on our Facebook page. Here is the link for our first home tailgate event. Please like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter to stay updated on future tailgates.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT