ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game Agenda?

bigstar18

I.T.S. Redshirt Freshman
Dec 1, 2017
Does anyone know of what all will be going on before, during, and after the scrimmage?

Because of our immense success last season, such details are super-secret and are on a need-to-know basis. Apparently, you do not need to know.

Seriously, I don’t know if it’s possible to suck any more interest out of football than this coaching staff and AD have.

Unfortunately they are not hiding anything. The gates of Skelly have been open the last two Saturdays. Not many there watching, not many that care. I had no idea how unpopular TU was in its own town. Friends in the area can only talk about driving to Norman to spring game next week. They didn’t even know TU was having one. Check out the Zero U agenda online. It looks the State Fair of football!

Yoga and a charity walk.*

Gragg is hosting a symposium or a symphony or a possum party or something.

Ron is available to meet guys 18-24. The introductory note says it’s for real.

Taco Bell has this thing they make with Doritos that sounds gross.

They have all you can drink beer, if you want to bring all the beer.

Gilligan will be selling tickets to spring game.

Gragg is hosting a symposium or a symphony or a possum party or something.

Ron is available to meet guys 18-24. The introductory note says it’s for real.

Taco Bell has this thing they make with Doritos that sounds gross.

They have all you can drink beer, if you want to bring all the beer.

Gilligan will be selling tickets to spring game.
Will Skipper make an appearance???

Reactions: maverickfp
The TU spring game is at 11:00 AM tomorrow. I try to make it every year, but am out of town this time.

So I’m hoping some of our good posters on here will give those of us that can’t make it some good reviews of the game!

Reactions: bigstar18
Well the plays are scripted:

1st down: Run up the middle for 2 yds
2nd down: Run up the middle for no gain
3rd down: Pass on a square out for 7 yds
4th down: 50 yd punt by Bennett

Repeat 15 times

The ones are playing against the twos so the runs will probably go for more than 2 and no gain. But that is likely the play order.

Unfortunately they are not hiding anything. The gates of Skelly have been open the last two Saturdays. Not many there watching, not many that care. I had no idea how unpopular TU was in its own town. Friends in the area can only talk about driving to Norman to spring game next week. They didn’t even know TU was having one. Check out the Zero U agenda online. It looks the State Fair of football!

If you aren't promoting it, you're hiding it.

Again we see why we need to fire Gragg at least. He certainly isn't out promoting our awesome softball team. Not sure why he isn't making the rounds to every local media company promoting the hell out of this.

It's an opportunity to start building a following for people who never look at Tulsa. It's free, if we had any kind of brains we would set up a cheap version of the game day experience.

Local band (maybe even students) who will perform for free or cheap.

A small kid zone maybe with a little obstacle course, some foam footballs, and a chance to go on the field after the game.

Local food trucks and breweries.

Our AD in front of every camera and microphone he can find, inviting people out to a fun experience and some football before the long summer sets in. Mentioning multiple times it's good prep for our upcoming home slate of games. Which also gives us a shot at "second" fans, starts laying the ground work for casuals to attend games next year, might boost season ticket sales, and at least keeps us in conversations locally.

If you aren't promoting it, you're hiding it.

Again we see why we need to fire Gragg at least. He certainly isn't out promoting our awesome softball team. Not sure why he isn't making the rounds to every local media company promoting the hell out of this.

It's an opportunity to start building a following for people who never look at Tulsa. It's free, if we had any kind of brains we would set up a cheap version of the game day experience.

Local band (maybe even students) who will perform for free or cheap.

A small kid zone maybe with a little obstacle course, some foam footballs, and a chance to go on the field after the game.

Local food trucks and breweries.

Our AD in front of every camera and microphone he can find, inviting people out to a fun experience and some football before the long summer sets in. Mentioning multiple times it's good prep for our upcoming home slate of games. Which also gives us a shot at "second" fans, starts laying the ground work for casuals to attend games next year, might boost season ticket sales, and at least keeps us in conversations locally.
Obviously too much effort required to put something like this together, and to get our AD in front of a camera is frightening. Every time he does it seems like it’s a black eye of perception for the department and University. Some of this is sheer laziness and lacking the priority of self promotion. The rest is a lack of effective leadership.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tulsafanzz
Seriously, I don’t know if it’s possible to suck any more interest out of football than this coaching staff and AD have.

It's sad. We all see it. And you think, well surely Clancy and BOT see it. But who knows if they do. I still really enjoy game day, tailgating, etc. Enjoy getting my season tix in the mail. On the other hand, if I have to miss one of the six home games for some other obligation, I'm not nearly as pissed about it as I used to be. Thanks Gragg!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT