ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina Game Thread

I don’t see the optimism with this team. I’m expecting a whole lot of packed in zone defenses going forward as we may actually be worse at outside shooting than last year. Ugboh is seemingly clueless, we turn the ball over at a high rate, mostly because we put ourselves in bad positions. We also seem to be really selfish offensively...no ball movement. The defense is running around with no purpose and we are hoping teams shoot poorly against us. Worst part is we have ZERO depth. Haywood looks lost.

hope the prove me wrong but I’m seeing much to be optimistic about.

Reactions: TU4ever2
Maybe it's the lack of practice due to covid, but we don't look coached. We look like a Penny Hardaway team.

Haith's teams always seem to look like this early though. Maybe I'm just torturing myself hoping/expecting different

I don’t see the optimism with this team. I’m expecting a whole lot of packed in zone defenses going forward as we may actually be worse at outside shooting than last year. Ugboh is seemingly clueless, we turn the ball over at a high rate, mostly because we put ourselves in bad positions. We also seem to be really selfish offensively...no ball movement. The defense is running around with no purpose and we are hoping teams shoot poorly against us. Worst part is we have ZERO depth. Haywood looks lost.

hope the prove me wrong but I’m seeing much to be optimistic about.

Accurate but we are also two games in and we can clean up this kind of play. Maybe we won't but the issue isn't talent or ability. It's bad offense and bad rebounding. Clean up our turnovers and we are much better almost half are unforced. Clean up our rebounding and we can win, that's about technique and buy in.

Do both and we can be a really good team whether or not our outside shooting shows up.

Whoever has the ball is going to take it. Williams trying to make a poster dubk when he has an easy dish to Jackson. Guys driving and throwing it up in traffic. Jacking up threes 2 seconds into the shot clock. Pass the dang ball people

With set plays like Self used you know who is going to shoot and from where. Haith seems not to have any or is listening to Toby again.

NO OFFENSIVE SET PLAYS.

Our departed assistant apparently was the one responsible for those quick sets. As well as our zone responsibility switches. Of course a lack of cohesive practice time may also mean they haven't got the repetition to get them locked in.

When you can’t shoot you drive and against a decent defense game over

I will not overreact. Certainly though, this weekend has been a big disappointment.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Do you have this post on rapid repeat because I feel like this has been the same thing for the last 7 years
Actually I’m usually one of the melters 😂 I was trying to be a little more patient this year

This is a Haith November team. Same every year. Come January we'll be good, but really needs to happen sooner

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I have no idea what Haith is doing. These are correctable issues from the bench. He either has no answers or he needs to sit the players who are not putting out the effort to complete the adjustment.

I have seen three possessions this whole game with good ball movement. Mostly drive into trouble. One pass or no pass, bad shot. That is terrible for a pick up game, much less organized high level play.

Reactions: I.I.
I’m afraid we will be talking all year about our trading Wainwright for Toby Lane. I watched many practices where Wainwright was the supreme teacher.

You need to PASS the BALL to beat a zone!! Does no one at Tulsa know that?

I’m afraid we will be talking all year about our trading Wainwright for Toby Lane. I watched many practices where Wainwright was the supreme teacher.

But Toby Lane has the coach’s ear. Like literally has a tin can on some string attached to Haith’s ear.

Quit standing there looking disgusted Haith. If you don't like what you see make a change.

No fire in the guys now that they’re down by 13. That’s not a good sign.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT