ADVERTISEMENT

Softball's last weekend before conference games begin

Tax Guy

I.T.S. Sophomore
Dec 5, 2003
Tulsa is 18-5
Team ERA of 1.84 is 10th in the nation.
Caitlin Sill’s 1.12 is 16th individually.

Traveling to Lawrence Kansas
Friday
11:30 Saint Louis (8-12)
7:00 Missouri-Kansas City (7-12)
Saturday
11:30 #22 Minnesota (17-8)
2:00 UMKC
Sunday
2:00 Kansas (16-9)

Rematch with Minnesota, we won Tuesday 6-4
UMKC split with Arkansas 9-4 and 6-7, we beat Arkansas Wednesday 4-3

Rain has rearranged the schedule:
Friday's games are cancelled.

Saturday
Tulsa vs. Minnesota – 10 a.m.
Tulsa vs. UMKC – 3 p.m.
Sunday
Tulsa vs. Saint Louis – 12:30 p.m.

So we go to Kansas and don't play Kansas.

Rain has rearranged the schedule:
Friday's games are cancelled.

Saturday
Tulsa vs. Minnesota – 10 a.m.
Tulsa vs. UMKC – 3 p.m.
Sunday
Tulsa vs. Saint Louis – 12:30 p.m.

So we go to Kansas and don't play Kansas.
That's probably good for Kansas

TU takes a 5-0 lead on Minnesota after a 1/2 inning of play. Bats are awake early for TU.

Would have loved to have seen this game. Wish there was better coverage of womens softball. They took it to Minnesota who just beat Oklahoma. But I shouldn't get too excited, we're at best a top 50 team according to someone who knows so much about softball parents.

Weekend Results 3-0
Overall 21-5

Apparently the games Friday where not only rained out but snow was involved.
Games Saturday and Sunday were played in with temps in the 40s

Saturday
Game 1 W 10-1 (5 innings)
Tulsa 10 runs on 12 hits had 0 Errors and 7 LOB
Minnesota 1 run on 4 hits had 0 Errors and 5 LOB
Notable:
Maggie Withee 3 for 4 with a double 1 run and 1 RBI
Morgan Neal, 2 for 3, 1 run and a BB
Julia Hollingsworth 2 for 2, 2 runs and 3 RBI
Jodi Edmiston 1 for 3 a 3 RBI triple, had a BB and scored twice.
Emily Watson pitched the 5 innings with 1 ER on 4 hits, 2 BB and had 8 K

Game 2 W 10-0 (5 innings)
UMKC 0 runs on 3 hits and had 2 errors and 3 LOB
Tulsa 10 runs on 7 hits 0 errors and 5 LOB
Notable
Maddie Withee doubled
Maggie Withee had 3 RBI
Julia Hollingsworth tripled
Caitlin Sill pitched the 5 innings with 0 ER on 3 hits 2 BB and had 7 K

Sunday W 9-2
Tulsa 9 runs on 12 hits had 1 error and 9 LOB
St. Louis 2 runs on 6 hits had 1 error and 11 LOB
Notable:
Maddie Withee, Shelby Estocado and Jodi Edmiston each doubled.
Maggie Withee, Maddie Withee and Jodi Edmiston each had 2 RBI
Julie Hollingsworth was 2 for 2, scored twice, 1 BB, 1 RBI and stole a base.
Ellie Reaves started the 1st inning giving up 2 runs 1 ER on 2 hits 4 BB
Caitlin Sill pitched 6 innings 0 runs on 4 his 3 BB and had 8 K

Would have loved to have seen this game. Wish there was better coverage of womens softball. They took it to Minnesota who just beat Oklahoma. But I shouldn't get too excited, we're at best a top 50 team according to someone who knows so much about softball parents.

Someone needs to "man up" and post that he was flat out wrong about these girls and this team.

AAC will provide good competition (UCF, Houston always strong). I expect TU to be in the mix to win the AAC title and play in the NCAA tournament AGAIN. But our coach is horrible and he is playing the wrong players.

Last edited:
CeFQOFRWoAUoR5O.png:large

Caitlin Sill is the American Conference Pitcher of the week for the 2nd time. Her ERA is now .96 ranking at #7 individual and the team 1.74 is 9th.

I was looking at the rankings and they were last updated on the 8th. Do they do rankings every two weeks?

CeFQOFRWoAUoR5O.png:large

Caitlin Sill is the American Conference Pitcher of the week for the 2nd time. Her ERA is now .96 ranking at #7 individual and the team 1.74 is 9th.
It's interesting that TU has 2 pitchers with different approaches. Sill seems to make hitters hit her pitches and locates them well enough she doesn't get hit hard and allows her defense to make plays for her. Watson seems to be the more overpowering pitcher, strikes out a lot of batters, but also seems to nibble on the corners a little more and walks more batters than Sill does. It's like Kerry Wood vs Greg Maddux. Both are pretty effective in what they do. If the D continues to get better behind them, TU is in it for the long haul.

I was looking at the rankings and they were last updated on the 8th. Do they do rankings every two weeks?

It's once a week on Monday, usually later in the evening. There are 2 polls, the NFCA updated last week, but the ESPN poll didn't.
<shrug> Maybe watching to much basketball?

Someone needs to "man up" and post that he was flat out wrong about these girls and this team.
Wasnt my opinion so idc either way..the team is no doubt playing well and the run rule over minnesota is impressive for sure...congratulations to them...i said all along it was 1 persons opinion and i dont think they have changed their minds on head coach...any objective person has to acknowkedge how well they are currently playing though

The team is playing well but minnesota also got beat by Mercer and another scrub team in Florida so they are up and down but yes that team is playing well...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT