ADVERTISEMENT

SMU Gamethread

6 pts in the 2nd half when SMU couldn’t stop us in the 1st because the play calling went ultra conservative

Probably the smart play but I just expect to need more cushion

After the first play sack, SMU completed every pass when we rushed 3. When we rushed 4 or more it was an incomplete pass.

Ballgame. Take that URedskin and your second guessing

Well, that’s the game. And the smug SMOO doesn’t go bowling again.

There’s plenty of talent on both sides of the ball. That’s not the issue. There was a chance to win all but 2 games and the play calling and not trusting your hand picked players is the problem.
I agree. We need a better coach to utilize the talent we have.

I took my sisters-in-law out for beers (the youngest just turned 21) instead of watching the game. Since we won, is it worth watching a replay? I only caught one play.

I took my sisters-in-law out for beers (the youngest just turned 21) instead of watching the game. Since we won, is it worth watching a replay? I only caught one play.
Some nice catches. Offense was on before halftime, when Mo didn't get conservative for once. Then came the second half. Some nice catches in second half too though.

It was painful to watch at times and then we’d do something smart or get some dumb luck. Then back to agony.

Taking the whole coaching aspect out of it - I’m really happy that these guys get to end the season with a win. I know they bust their asses day in and day out and a lot of what’s happened this season isn’t directly due to their performance. I appreciate these guys for representing TU in a respectable manner and I wish the seniors nothing but the best.

It was painful to watch at times and then we’d do something smart or get some dumb luck. Then back to agony.
Actually we played well. When the play calling was not predictable we executed at a very high level. Other than the 1 pick, Boomer was very good today. The pick looked almost like miscommunication where he though the receiver was going to sit and the WR ran an out. When the passing game was working in the 1st half, the running game had some openings. The defense gave up 17 pts, and 7 of those were a prevent just trying to make SMU use time.

Defense was good but we needed a better strategy to take Proche away or at least limit his effectiveness. He reminds me a lot of Damaris Johnson. He’ll play at the next level.

Bennett flipped the field a couple times and is an absolute weapon. Romo really came through clutch on the retake of the kickoff after the offsides penalty. Saved us 15 yards of field position. He’s also really good at his placement for kickoffs.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT