ADVERTISEMENT

SMU Gamethread

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Gorgeous day for football. What and how early should people start drinking to not remember or be too heavily invested in the outcome of this game of sportball?

Reactions: ShaneB72
Gorgeous day for football. What and how early should people start drinking to not remember or be too heavily invested in the outcome of this game of sportball?

I’m already not invested. Perhaps I’m a fair weather football fan? I sat through Blankenship’s last two seasons and watched every game. But didn’t bother watching much of our game against Navy and have no plans at all to watch today’s game vs SMU.

If I still lived in Tulsa I’d probably go to the game though but bring with me 5 or 6 pocket shots and finish those off in the 1st quarter.

So in summary? 5 or 6 shots within ~30 minutes.

What’s wrong with Whitfield? He came out for the senior day stuff and the coin toss as a captain and then he ran back to the locker room?

So why all of a sudden is Monty using different combos, different sets, different motions in the last game of the season? I understand not opening the playbook against Texas to not show some of your tricks to conference opponents. Butbstarting with the first conference game, all of these should have been coming out.

I know SMU is not world beaters, but they’re on par with most of the west in the AAC. The play calling hasn’t been predictable, Boomer has thrown some nice passes, the OL protection has been adequate and our WRs have actually caught the ball. I swear we haven’t run half the plays or sets we’ve seen today the rest of the year.

Does CBSSN know that their camera brightness, or lack thereof, makes this almost unwatchable. Terrible picture.

Boomer is better than Ben Hicks. Hicks couldn’t throw the ball into the wind, he’s sailing the ball over his receivers heads. You’d think he’s never thrown a ball in the wind before. Boomer is driving some nice passes in and we’re actually catching them today.

Boomer has only missed on 1 pass so far, OLine is lighting people up like it’s 2 years ago and stokes is showing up

Bizarre. Why has he waited till it doesn’t matter to open up the playbook? Thanks for reading the boards, Monty....

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
Shower beer or check into the nursing home.

I don’t think so have ever seen a PK whistled for a false start before. #ThankYouSMU

Seriously though, we need to figure out a different coverage for Proche. He is so freaking good it’s scary.

There’s the Monty play calling we’re used to. He’s gone into protect the lead mode in the 2nd quarter.

Just showing up to complain we didn't use any timeouts to get ourselves another possession. We could have had 1:30 left for a drive

Shoot. I’ve been on the video board twice already, glued to my phone reading this stuff both times. Cameraman must be looking for someone not paying attention. I look stupid.

I’m watching Romo warm up before the 2nd half starts. If he can ever figure out how to kick the ball straight for FGs, he will be in the NFL. He’s got 65 yd range easy. He just hit the hands in the All State net in front of the Case Bldg from 50 yds away.

Also, watching Bennett. He just had the equivalent of a 70 yd carry punt heading into the wind. He’s just got to put that into game mode as he has a tendency to lose his mechanics and hit those ducks that go 30 yards.

We’re actually going to be OK at kicking the next couple of years.

This is what happens when you're dominating early and go into play not to lose mode. You have to be in play to win mode. MontyMhas coached like this every year... We got lucky the first two since he was extra aggressive and the ball bounced our way a couple times against terrible teams. The last two years he's been super conservative and unwilling to adjust. If he's here next year I will not be renewing our season tickets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT