ADVERTISEMENT

SMU gamethread

Well poopie...
Defense gave em a freebie.
We're not good enough to give up free touchdowns after a kickoff.

Skipper still playing well, we need to get back to catching his passes.

On the SMU 2nd TD, That hole is there because Edmiston overran the gap the MLB is supposed to fill. Whitfield is ridiculously fast for a safety.

Reactions: Just_Will95
Getting good calls. Right calls,
but don't get them much on the road,

Last edited:
On the SMU 2nd TD, That hole is there because Edmiston overran the gap the MLB is supposed to fill. Whitfield is ridiculously fast for a safety.

You could be right but I don't think so. Looked to me like the pull shifts Edmiston's gap responsibility to the outside and Suits just missread it. It's hard to know what specific adjustments the D staff makes game to game though.

I think Nigel has caught the equivalent of his career catch total coming into the game.

Hobbs redeemed himself after the dropped TD pass on the first drive. WRs are definitely helping the run game by being dangerous.

We limped into halftime with the lead, 28-21. Only way we win this is with our 1st quarter play calling & 1st quarter defense.

Need to keep stretching the SMU D and our D needs to tighten up. Hate to see Brooks in street clothes, hopefully his injury is minor and it’s just precautionary. Brewer goes down and we might see Simon.

We limped into halftime with the lead, 28-21. Only way we win this is with our 1st quarter play calling & 1st quarter defense.
Is Javon Thomas really that bad that he is not even an option to spell Brewer at this point? Because of our pace on offense (which is notably slowed tonight), we need 2-3 capable backs. Simon?

I’d like to see us switch up our first series and run Chad out there. I think we can sneak a play or two with him in there and pick up some chunks of yards.

Defense- SMU is doing some weird stuff with their misdirection RPO stuff. Seriously Morris looks like he designed those plays in the dirt with a stick for 10 year olds. We’ve done OK on Sutton and probably at the expense of being able to limit the big plays because SMU has at least 3 really long ones tonight.

Reactions: Glasscain
Monte to get a handle on the taunting right now. Way to many of them. Cost us a touchdown.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT