ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting

TUMe

I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
Kentucky first half 60% from the floor, 3 point shots 100% Free throws 100%
Wisconsin 46% from the floor, 3 point shots 40%, Free throws 6 of 7.

To state the obvious, it's called basketball.

Higgins showing again he will do whatever Larry Brown or John Calipari need.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I still cannot get over the non flagrant call...terrible, the shot clock call was the equalizer...blown calls make the best games legend...we'll be talking about college basketball on Monday..hooray!!

Our players need to watch the tape of Wisconsin staying out on the 3 point shooters and not helping off a great 3 point shooter Koenig never left Harrison when the ball went inside.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Our bigs need to watch hours of tape on Kaminsky. They need to learn how to NOT lower your shoulder when you drive on offense & how to use your body & not reach on defense.

We don't have the bigs to defend like Wiscy did tonight. They can't defend the opponents' forwards solo if they're 6-10 or over. Also our guys don't have the lanky type of frame that Decker and Kaminsky have to make those ultra contested three point plays with huge drop steps.

Originally posted by astonmartin708:
We don't have the bigs to defend like Wiscy did tonight. They can't defend the opponents' forwards solo if they're 6-10 or over. Also our guys don't have the lanky type of frame that Decker and Kaminsky have to make those ultra contested three point plays with huge drop steps.
Who said we did have the bigs to play for a national championship ?

I think our bigs can play better if they :

A. Don't lower their shoulder on offense

B. Don't reach on defense.

Do you you disagree with that ?

Haha I was actually commenting more on the post above yours... Kaminsky actually did reach on defense quite a bit... Though you're right. It's a bad habit.

I'm just saying we don't currently have the bigs to allow our guards not to help / double in the post. Thus, we leave shooters open. If Haith can fix the inside game, it should help fix the outside game as well. (At least defensively)

We had a few games where we lost blowing big leads. Hitting a few more shots or free throws a key times could have stemmed that. One or two good shooting players and our season would have been a lot better. No, we aren't ready for a National Championship by any means. We can't compare with a Wisconsin or Kentucky. Up tempo is fun. But just a little better shooting in half court and we would have been in the Dance.

Poor officiating for a Final Four on both sides.

Back to point of this thread, Good shooting is needed to allow for all the additional comments. Our bigs had troubles and could learn some lessons but we are such a bad shooting team that our bigs have no room inside to allow for them to be successful on offense. Everyone knows they can play loose outside against us which makes it tight for our bigs to do much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT