ADVERTISEMENT

Shockers and Panthers

NO-Orange

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Mar 6, 2002
Interesting tidbit in a report of this past weekend's Wichita and Northern Iowa game, namely that this was the first game between MVC ranked opponents since 33 years ago ---

That game 33 years ago -- number 18 Tulsa (TU would get as AP no. 5 that year) and WSU number 16 (Shocks would get has high as AP no. 2 that year). The game was Jan. 16, 1982. I was there -- TU won 99-88 and it was the national game on CBS.

Originally posted by Weatherdemon:
There was a graphic showing that during the game and the announcers were talking about it.
Pretty cool!
I have the video of that game. Great atmosphere. Billy Packer on the mike.

I know I.I. -- still have the VHS you copied for me! Now about that VHS player -- hahaha.

I understand that Wichita helps Tulsa... But I hold a degree from Northern Iowa and from Tulsa. Not from Wichita State :)

Originally posted by JesseTU:
I understand that Wichita helps Tulsa... But I hold a degree from Northern Iowa and from Tulsa. Not from Wichita State :)
ah.......... that I did not know, a respectfully withdrawl my repremand.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

TX

Originally posted by NO-Orange:

I know I.I. -- still have the VHS you copied for me! Now about that VHS player -- hahaha.
Someone needs to get that masterpiece onto digital media! I learned the hard way that VHS tapes do not store well in a box, located in a garage!

Do we have anyone on the board who has 80's and 90's games on dvd? Someone who is willing to make copies for a nice fee?

TX

Originally posted by texcane1982:

Originally posted by NO-Orange:

Someone needs to get that masterpiece onto digital media! I learned the hard way that VHS tapes do not store well in a box, located in a garage!

Do we have anyone on the board who has 80's and 90's games on dvd? Someone who is willing to make copies for a nice fee?

TX
If you find a way to do this^^^ I will buy you drinks and dinner!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT