ADVERTISEMENT

Sherman Oaks

It’s hard to believe that Gailard and Jim were on the Uncanny Film Festival 50 years ago, predating SNL by a few years. Lots of talent there. When they did their short running radio show on KAKC after the TV show ended, I was asked to let someone into the studio to join Sartain, Millaway and Busey. It was Leon Russell.

If you grew up in Tulsa and watched Mazeppa, I thought I would pass along that Sherman Oaks aka James Millaway died, RIP

Jim was married to my cousin when I was growing up in the 70s and they have one son (also James) together.

I loved having him around. We both loved and collected comic books. And when my grandma died in 1975, Jim took the kids out to watch a movie at the Park Lane theater down the street. He taught us how to keep an open row in front of us by coughing visibly and loudly if someone looked interested in those seats.

About 20 years later I started running into him at coffee shops around town and he was always cordial and gracious. His older son Jim (my first cousin once removed) is an awesome guy too and has a great family.

Jim's sendoff was Saturday afternoon at Cains with the Red Dirt Rangers, Coneys and Ice Cream per his request. A great time was had by all, including both his ex wives.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT