ADVERTISEMENT

Seals being promoted to Assistant

Also reported the University will be announcing which assistant Seals will be replacing. Many suspect/expect it to be Abatemarco.

Kelly Hines now reporting Seals promoted to asst replacing Abatemarco and Kim English to assume Seals role. Good moves, IMO.

Reactions: TU Sepp
This is a good move in two ways. First, I think Seals can recruit Oklahoma. Second, Abatemarco was a dud in his 42nd job.

I think this is good for a couple of reasons. You still have Felton as the lead assistant and so the basketball strategist is still there to help Haith. I think Seals and Schwartz bring in some of that new energetic blood on the recruiting trail. I think English helps that as well. I know that everyone on the staff can now participate in recruiting, but what is the rule regarding those support staff like English's position getting off campus and recruiting?

Reactions: TU Sepp
English can't go off campus for recruiting. He can only assist in recruiting when players come in on visits. He will be very valuable to our guards though and helping them to improve their court awareness and shooting, IMO.

Shea has deserved this for a while. The good thing about English is that, while he can't recruit... he runs his own summertime development camps for Missouri / Kansas area players and his name and career could go a long way to impressing some kids. He's also a student of the game. On twitter he commented about looking through EVERY SINGLE ONE of Shaq's 3 point attempts (granted there weren't toooooo many of those) but you get my drift. English was and still is a knockdown 3 point shooter. I watched him practicing in the gym before one of our games last season and he was lights out. I think he can really help out Shaq and Smitty in their development of a long range game.

Great move promoting Shea. He is ready, and can coach. I got to know him a little bit when he was coaching McLain. A class guy. Very humble.

I wish Tom A well. I believe he had matured from his younger days. It must have been tough for him after the players revolted on him as head coach at Drake in the middle of the 1990 season and he immediately got fired. The book Personal Fouls written by Peter Golenbock about NC State basketball in the 80's was not very kind, to say the least, about Jimmy V or Tom A.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT