ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost has been offered??

TUFan1981

I.T.S. Junior
Apr 27, 2006
I am not reporting this or claiming to have a cut throat source, but someone that I do consider to be in the know says Scott Frost is the guy and that a deal is imminent.

This post is to ask Harmon if he is hearing the same thing.

Again...not reporting anything, hence the question marks in the thread title.

Would not surprise me. Harmon prob won't confirm anything until deal is agreed upon. Again if you hear another candidate, i.e. Matt Wells saying he is WDing from consideration, then this is likely true
Posted from Rivals Mobile

From Wikipedia:

Scott Andrew Frost (born January 4, 1975) is an American football coach and former player. He is currently the Offensive Coordinator at the University of Oregon. He played six years in the National Football League with the New York Jets, Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Frost was the starting quarterback for Tom Osborne's undefeated Nebraska Cornhuskers 1997 national championship team. He also attended Creighton Prep High School for 3 semesters.

Frost was coached by some of the legendary football coaching minds of all time, including Stanford's Bill Walsh, Nebraska's Tom Osborne, the New York Jets' Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick, and Jon Gruden. He broke into the coaching ranks as a graduate assistant at his alma mater in 2002 before filling the same role at Kansas State in 2006.

Frost took a position at Northern Iowa in 2007 as linebackers coach before being elevated as the Panthers' co-defensive coordinator one year later. His defense finished the 2008 season tied for third in the Football Championship Subdivision in takeaways (40) and ninth in the country in scoring defense (17.7 ppg). With a 12-3 record, they also led the Missouri Valley Football Conference in rushing defense (107.1 avg.) and scoring defense.

He joined the Oregon coaching staff as its wide receivers coach on Jan. 26, 2009. Working under head coach Chip Kelly and offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich, Frost was instrumental in instituting a toughness among his receivers that enhanced their ability as downfield blockers, which contributed to the success of the Ducks' running game. During his four seasons at Oregon as wide receivers coach, the Ducks reached four straight BCS bowls and three of his departed wide receivers during his Oregon tenure have been invited into NFL camps.

After the departure of Chip Kelly, the University of Oregon promoted Mark Helfrich to head coach and Scott Frost was later officially announced as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach on January 31, 2013.

In his first season as Oregon's offensive coordinator, Frost's offense set a school record for total offense in a season at 7,345, besting the old mark of 7,319 in 2011, which happened during a 14-game season. Oregon finished the season with an 11-2 record and top-ten ranking after beating Texas 30-7 in the 2013 Alamo Bowl.

This post was edited on 12/10 12:01 PM by HHOOTter

He's certainly got a great personality. I think he could really dominate at recruiting here. Check out his speech for the Broyle's Award.
This post was edited on 12/10 12:08 PM by astonmartin708

Frost Speech

It's all hearsay at this point. I'll believe it when I hear it from Gragg and I have to say that I hope we do hear this. I think Frost would be a home run hire.

Assume it would be the second week of January before he would officially take over as our HC. Can't see him leaving Oregon with them in the playoff.

Originally posted by TUFan1981:

This post is to ask Harmon if he is hearing the same thing.
As far as Frost getting an offer, it would make sense, but I can't confirm that at the moment. He was at the Broyles Award event in Arkansas yesterday. It's very likely he had a second interview with TU last night or this morning and checked out the campus...but that is all speculation on my part.

I posted this info in another thread on this board, but as of late last night, Matt Wells and Scott Frost were still involved. Lashlee was recently told he wasn't in the top two, but he could get back in it if others turn the job down. Norvell could still be involved, but it's been hard to get info on him.

There is also the strong possibility of a mystery candidate or two. Between Wednesday (Dec 3) and Tuesday (Dec 9), Tulsa met with at least 9 or 10 guys according to our sources. Wells, Frost, Lashlee, Norvell and Spavital were five of them.

Lots of additional info in 4th Coaching Updates Thread due to the high amount of activity and discussion.

Chris, 247 is reporting (and tons of news sites are picking up their report) that the DC from Maryland - Stewart is in the mix... I hadn't heard his name anywhere before, and I'd be astounded if Gragg went for a DC from a school with so little success on that side of the ball.

Any truth to that rumor?

Per Plank, Poplin, and Austin Chadwick the 247 reports are inaccurate.

Now bleachers report is saying the Maryland dc is top candidate

Bleacher report you say? That's a fine publication.

Check out the Pat Jones thread. Jones spoke with Scott Frost yesterday at the Broyles event. Today (12/10) at 11:12 a.m. Jones said that Scott Frost "can do better than TU."

Pay ZERO attention to anything that isn't this site or coming from Kelly Hines or directly from TU. There has been little evidence any of these sites are in the know AT ALL about anything as evidenced by the crazy names and candidates they threw out about the basketball search. Gragg knows how to play this game and when he wants us to know something I am thinking Chris and Kelly will be amongst the first to know outside of the tight-lipped circle he has created.

That said, if it is Frost he will be on board immediately and returning to Oregon as needed to help them prepare. No coach wants to throw away his first year recruiting by waiting until mid-January to start his first HC gig. You don't get 3-4 years anymore. If the 1st year goes poorly, you may get one more year, potentially a 3rd but things have to be trending upwards.

I read Frost's wiki page yesterday to. Believe he is going to be able to assemble a top notch staff of young guys who are hungry as well as knock some recruiting out of the park including possibly being able to steal the WR back from TT.

Originally posted by TU_BLA:
Pay ZERO attention to anything that isn't this site or coming from Kelly Hines or directly from TU. There has been little evidence any of these sites are in the know AT ALL about anything as evidenced by the crazy names and candidates they threw out about the basketball search. Gragg knows how to play this game and when he wants us to know something I am thinking Chris and Kelly will be amongst the first to know outside of the tight-lipped circle he has created.

That said, if it is Frost he will be on board immediately and returning to Oregon as needed to help them prepare. No coach wants to throw away his first year recruiting by waiting until mid-January to start his first HC gig. You don't get 3-4 years anymore. If the 1st year goes poorly, you may get one more year, potentially a 3rd but things have to be trending upwards.

I read Frost's wiki page yesterday to. Believe he is going to be able to assemble a top notch staff of young guys who are hungry as well as knock some recruiting out of the park including possibly being able to steal the WR back from TT.
I think Frost would be a great hire. Sincerely hope douchebag Pat Jones hasn't poisoned this well for us.

Helfrich can run the Oregon offense if Frost does get an offer (from TU or anyone else) and takes it. Not too worried about that part.

barrister1602 posted on 12/10/2014...

Check out the Pat Jones thread. Jones spoke with Scott Frost yesterday at the Broyles event. Today (12/10) at 11:12 a.m. Jones said that Scott Frost "can do better than TU."

I can absolutely confirm that PJ again is a douchebag and he did state that Frost could do better than TU, but he did not tell Frost that. Now what PJ aka douchebag did say is that he ran into our QB recruit and his parents at the University of Arkansas yesterday and told them he should hang tight that TU would get it all worked out. Kept saying the situation of running into them there was odd a little strange blah blah...

So I suppose Hefley may have had an unofficial yesterday at AR, dunno...

Originally posted by TU Hurricane Warning:

I can absolutely confirm that PJ again is a douchebag and he did state that Frost could do better than TU, but he did not tell Frost that. Now what PJ aka douchebag did say is that he ran into our QB recruit and his parents at the University of Arkansas yesterday and told them he should hang tight that TU would get it all worked out. Kept saying the situation of running into them there was odd a little strange blah blah...

Correct TU Warning: Jones did say he spoke with Scott Frost yesterday. Jones also said that Frost can do better than TU. Jones did NOT admit that he told Frost those words.

Correct TU Warning: Jones did say he spoke with Scott Frost yesterday. Jones also said that Frost can do better than TU. Jones did NOT admit that he told Frost those words.

Subject:
He (Douchebag) was careful to say he did not tell him (Frost) that he could do better because he doesn't know him that well. But he also was raving about his boy Meachum and how close they are to each other. Which basically tells me he sure as hell did tamper with him and that directly impacted the University's search.

Jones admitted publically that he told Meacham not to take the TU job. Yesterday (12/9) Meacham gave a speech at the Broyles luncheon and thanked Pat Jones over and over as someone he "trusts" and has his best interests at heart, etc. Yeah, Grand Wizard Pat Jones absolutely kept Meacham from coming to TU and is the sole and only reason Meacham withdrew from consideration. When will we rise up against this evil troll?
This post was edited on 12/10 1:18 PM by barrister1602

Does anyone have the current Salary info on Frost? Just curious what range we would have to offer to get someone of his caliber?

Originally posted by astonmartin708:
Chris, 247 is reporting (and tons of news sites are picking up their report) that the DC from Maryland - Stewart is in the mix... I hadn't heard his name anywhere before, and I'd be astounded if Gragg went for a DC from a school with so little success on that side of the ball.

Any truth to that rumor?
I talked about this in Hurricane Alley last night. Poplin, Chadwick and I talked about the 247 report as soon as it surfaced. According to my sources that have knowledge of the search, there's no truth to the Stewart rumors unless he's somehow a mystery candidate, and I don't believe that to be the case.

I don't get over here much to check threads, as I'm spending most of my time providing updates in Hurricane Alley, but any of you that want to get Alley info (and our articles) for FREE for the next 30 days, go to our signup page and used the promo code HURRICANE30.

I don't listen to Sports Animal or Jerk and Munchkin so I'm doing my part.

I can't listen to Munchkin...his voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard irritating. Has been ever since he was coach at OSU.

Originally posted by Chris Harmon:

I don't get over here much to check threads, as I'm spending most of my time providing updates in Hurricane Alley,
We understand you have a job to do, but you really should stop by and visit "the great unwashed" more often.

I'm way more excited by Frost than Meacham. Ironic if Jones tries to screw us and ends up helping us by letting us get to a better candidate.

Hoover now saying Norvell is gaining mo for the opening at TU but salary might be a sticking point as he makes $900k at Arizona St. to be OC.

Speaking of old washed up guys who were (or almost were) hired in Dallas, is there any athletic department in the country that does less with more than SMU? They sped like mad and get so little as a result. Maybe Michigan but its going to be a very short list.

I'd take Frost over Norvell. He's been on teams that are proven winners and have been great. Norvell in my mind is tainted by Graham's "can't get my $hi7 together when it matters most" ailment.

Originally posted by lawpoke87:

$400k
That would be a good reason for Frost to leave Oregon before the playoff. Also, as mentioned above, Helfrich (former OC) could take over play calling.

It would be reasonable to assume TU may triple Frost's current salary.

TX

Personally, Frost's total resume is better than Norvell's, IMO. He has some varied experiences from QBs, RBs, LBs, and I believe one of his stops he was a DC for a while. Understanding the defensive side and knowing how to help your DC in certain situations is an invaluable trait (actually being able to assist your coordinators with some insights and still allow them to do their jobs is invaluable).

Originally posted by texcane1982:
Originally posted by lawpoke87:

$400k
That would be a good reason for Frost to leave Oregon before the playoff. Also, as mentioned above, Helfrich (former OC) could take over play calling.

It would be reasonable to assume TU may triple Frost's current salary.

TX
C'mon Tex, give TU it's due, more like quadruple!

If it is Frost; He has a couple of weeks to hire a staff and they can start recruiting while he return to Orgeon for the final four.

would be good pub for TU if he was the guy...during the playoffs

We said the same think about Wojcik on the MSU bench during the final four. If Frost is the guy I want him on our campus permanently as soon as possible.

Guess: TU announces presser for Friday, HC named and introduced to media. Introduced to TU fans at halftime of the bball game on Saturday. Timing is so perfect for that not to happen

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT