ADVERTISEMENT

Another Massive Factory Missed in Tulsa

I think you'd better keep a better eye on your momma's lotions. Granny used to enjoy her "rheumatism" medicine back home in her dry county. That's what this is about. Ending the Prohibition on cannabis through the same incremental exceptions carved out for alcohol - doctor's note, not more than 3.2% and therefore "non-intoxicating" is no different than medical dispensary, low TCH/CBD, etc.

tumblr_mv08ppDh5q1sn0mkdo1_250.gif

I think you'd better keep a better eye on your momma's lotions. Granny used to enjoy her "rheumatism" medicine back home in her dry county. That's what this is about. Ending the Prohibition on cannabis through the same incremental exceptions carved out for alcohol - doctor's note, not more than 3.2% and therefore "non-intoxicating" is no different than medical dispensary, low TCH/CBD, etc.

tumblr_mv08ppDh5q1sn0mkdo1_250.gif
I really wouldn't care if she decided to start casually eating edibles or anything of the sort, honestly.

But I agree with the "near beer" comparison, and that's kinda how I view the whole non-THC CBD market.

I could probably have a non-alcoholic beer (defined as 0.5% ABV or less in NM) if I went out to lunch during a workday and have no problem. I certainly wouldn't feel any effects, and I would probably not have any detectable alcohol in my system by the time I got back to my office.

But... I don't know how closely monitored those NA beers are by regulators. What if it is actually closer to 1% for that beer? I still don't notice, but it is probably now detectable for a short time.

Or what if the bartender gives me the alcohol version instead by mistake? I may or may not notice, depending on the ABV, but now I definitely have detectable alcohol in my system when I get back.

And if I get into a fender bender on site coming back from lunch, even if it is not my fault, I am required to immediately submit to a breathalyzer and have blood drawn. And when they find a non-zero BAC, that is that. I am in big trouble.

So yeah, not worth it.

Edit:
Just looked up the full spectrum CBD products. It seems those are required to be at 0.3% THC or less. This is very low and unlikely to be used by anyone actually trying to get high. But the analogy to non-alcoholic beer is a pretty good one, as non-alcoholic beer often has very low but measurable amounts of alcohol, so the above arguments are pretty much the same for CBD products.

I mostly think that the genie is out of the bottle, and at some point, perhaps soon, it will make more sense to change the federal scheduling than try to find good workers that eschew all forms of pot and CBD products. You'd have a hard time staffing up if you forbid all alcohol, even on your spare time, and this is no different really. You are just artificially limiting the talent pool that you can hire from. As long as it remains a "your own time" thing, I don't see what the big fuss is about.

Last edited:
Looks the opposite to me 🤷‍♂️. Am I misreading the numbers ?

Finally had time to look it up. The growth difference was 2010 to 2020 with much greater population growth for the okc metro. Roughly 14% versus 8%.

Apparently we outpaced okc the past two years per your source.

Reactions: lawpoke87
Corporate Prospect - We value diversity, education, well maintained infrastructure, a stable legislative environment, and a quality of life that enables us to attract top talent.

Oklahoma - lol, that's so woke. Seriously, we can offer cheap labor, low regulation, and tax incentives. You in?

Corporate Prospect - Umm, well, I heard you are a top ten state. Can we see the metrics?

Oklahoma - Did I mention we may ban drag queens and are working to defeat woke-ism in education?

"At Volkswagen, we're more committed than ever to building a brighter sustainable future, while creating a more inclusive, open-minded, community"
https://www.vw.com/en/our-values-and-actions.html

"The decision simply came down to some of [Tesla's] key employees wanting to move there over Tulsa..."
https://www.theverge.com/21375891/tesla-tulsa-cybertruck-factory-elon-musk-statue-memes

"“Moving the corporate headquarters ... gives us greater access to a much larger talent pool.... While we wanted to relocate the headquarters to a city with a thriving business environment, we also wanted to ensure that our team members had a great place to live.”
https://www.dallasnews.com/business...firm-moving-headquarters-from-tulsa-to-plano/

Reactions: TU 1978
Canada wokeness > US wokeness.

If I were a young adult (like most Tesla workers) I would prefer Austin as well. Nothing real earth shattering.

Dallas metro has a larger talent pool than the Tulsa metro. Duh. Population.

Not sure what Oklahoma can do about any of these factors.

I always laugh when I read that a company founded by Nazis is offended by Oklahoma rhetoric..

We lost to a region surrounded by rare earth mines and processing facilities.. easy access to cheap raw materials is always high on any maufacturers priority list..
Ok I guess. But we also lost to Kansas City.

Ok I guess. But we also lost to Kansas City.
We were outbid. I believe we were a bit naive as to what some of these cities and states would offer. There is obviously a point where you lose by winning based on the financial incentives you’re giving these companies. No clue where that line is drawn.

Corporate Prospect - We value diversity, education, well maintained infrastructure, a stable legislative environment, and a quality of life that enables us to attract top talent.

Oklahoma - lol, that's so woke. Seriously, we can offer cheap labor, low regulation, and tax incentives. You in?

Corporate Prospect - Umm, well, I heard you are a top ten state. Can we see the metrics?

Oklahoma - Did I mention we may ban drag queens and are working to defeat woke-ism in education?

"At Volkswagen, we're more committed than ever to building a brighter sustainable future, while creating a more inclusive, open-minded, community"
https://www.vw.com/en/our-values-and-actions.html

"The decision simply came down to some of [Tesla's] key employees wanting to move there over Tulsa..."
https://www.theverge.com/21375891/tesla-tulsa-cybertruck-factory-elon-musk-statue-memes

"“Moving the corporate headquarters ... gives us greater access to a much larger talent pool.... While we wanted to relocate the headquarters to a city with a thriving business environment, we also wanted to ensure that our team members had a great place to live.”
https://www.dallasnews.com/business...firm-moving-headquarters-from-tulsa-to-plano/
I don’t disagree with the above. I think these are good points. But can you reconcile that view with the ability of Florida, Texas and Alabama to attract gobs of new business?

I don’t disagree with the above. I think these are good points. But can you reconcile that view with the ability of Florida, Texas and Alabama to attract gobs of new business?
Mississippi. Toyota plant. Client of ours.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I always laugh when I read that a company founded by Nazis is offended by Oklahoma rhetoric..
If we are concerned about Chinese education camps, we should be aware that the US and Cananda ran them for native Americans well into the 20th century with exactly that goal. That doesn't justify the Chinese but may explain why they really don't care about what the US has to say about the subject.

Still holding that founding ownership over them, 75 years later.

Sure.. why not?... seems to be the way to be these days..
Invalidates your complaints against Watu for the same. Most of your complaints against Watu(for that practice) were very valid, until you used the same practice as Watu.

Invalidates your complaints against Watu for the same. Most of your complaints against Watu(for that practice) were very valid, until you used the same practice as Watu.
Sometimes you have to be absurd to point out the absurd...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT