ADVERTISEMENT

Scheduled Losses

The question is, how many additional season tickets and mini packs did we sell just so OU fans could get a ticket to the one game they wanted to go to? How many of the TU season ticket holders sold their tickets 3rd party for $200 each? I would love to see what we report as tickets sold each game here on out vs actual tickets scanned at the gate. My guess is the ticket revenue for this year will be way up because of Gooners

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
The question is, how many additional season tickets and mini packs did we sell just so OU fans could get a ticket to the one game they wanted to go to? How many of the TU season ticket holders sold their tickets 3rd party for $200 each? I would love to see what we report as tickets sold each game here on out vs actual tickets scanned at the gate. My guess is the ticket revenue for this year will be way up because of Gooners
If it was worth it, other comparable schools would be doing it. Some are occasionally doing the one off games.... very few are doing 2 for 1's.

Last edited:
I thought the OU game was a fifty-fifty split. Then they pay us
for playing at their place. Someone correct me if I'm incorrect.
I don't think it's a body bag game like going to Washington or Ohio State where they pay you $1M+ to come and get your brains beat in. I think the OU stuff is they pay our travel expenses when we go there, and vice versa when they come here.

I heard the OU fans next to me talking about how they bought season tickets at $200 to get their seats... I am in L104 ...

I don't think it's a body bag game like going to Washington or Ohio State where they pay you $1M+ to come and get your brains beat in. I think the OU stuff is they pay our travel expenses when we go there, and vice versa when they come here.

I believe that is correct for non-conference games. The home team usually keeps all game receipts, concessions etc. and pays the visiting team a nominal fee usually about $300,000, it maybe a little more now.

The one and done games pay the agreed upon amount, say $1,000,000 .

If you figure the price of tickets for a regular non-conference home game is $25 X 15,000 equals $375,000. ( $25 is just a guestimate. Regular prices plus end zone and general admission tickets, free military, etc.).

For an OU game figure $100+ per ticket. (Again just an estimate.). $100 X 27,500 roughly equals $3,000,0 00. We all know that the stadium does not actually seat 30,000.

So roughly a total of $3,000,000 for an OU home game. However, there are two return games against OU.

If you play 3 one and done games that equals $3,000,000.

So choose your poison.

Last edited:
I believe that is correct for non-conference games. The home team usually keeps all game receipts, concessions etc. and pays the visiting team a nominal fee usually about $300,000, it maybe a little more now.

The one and done games pay the agreed upon amount, say $1,000,000 .

If you figure the price of tickets for a regular non-conference home game is $25 X 15,000 equals $375,000. ( $25 is just a guestimate. Regular prices plus end zone and general admission tickets, free military, etc.).

For an OU game figure $100+ per ticket. (Again just an estimate.). $100 X 27,500 roughly equals $3,000,0 00. We all know that the stadium does not actually seat 30,000.

So roughly a total of $3,000,000 for an OU home game. However, there are two return games against OU.

If you play 3 one and done games that equals $3,000,000.

So choose your poison.
One of the biggest challenges with scheduling 3 one and done games is that we then have to schedule 3 FCS games to balance the schedule which nobody really likes.

At least with the 2 for 1, we only have to schedule one FCS and we get a nice home game now and then.

I’m not sure how to factor concessions into the formula, but sales were very strong on Saturday. Many of the Sooner fans sitting around me had a beer in each hand.

As an OU fan posted on our board I believe last week here are the following "Blood Games"

2023 Washington 1.6 million
2022 Ole Miss 1.4 million
2021 Ohio St 1.1 million
2019 Mich St 1.2 million
2018 Texas 1.1 million
2018 Arkansas 1.45 million
2016 Ohio St 1.03 million.

As for uppity OU fan from last week he should know that Ohio State and TCU played a "blood money" game in Arlington Stadium each received 5 million.

Joe C. is not turning that kind of money down in Norman had that been offered. LOL

GO TU!!!!!

As an OU fan posted on our board I believe last week here are the following "Blood Games"

2023 Washington 1.6 million
2022 Ole Miss 1.4 million
2021 Ohio St 1.1 million
2019 Mich St 1.2 million
2018 Texas 1.1 million
2018 Arkansas 1.45 million
2016 Ohio St 1.03 million.

As for uppity OU fan from last week he should know that Ohio State and TCU played a "blood money" game in Arlington Stadium each received 5 million.

Joe C. is not turning that kind of money down in Norman had that been offered. LOL

GO TU!!!!!
It's a different monster to play one-off games when you have a nationally competitive program. There are simply different motivations. Sometimes it's simply down to maintaining recruiting ties or pandering to alumni bases. At that stage, it's no longer a scheduled loss it's a real opportunity.

One of the biggest challenges with scheduling 3 one and done games is that we then have to schedule 3 FCS games to balance the schedule which nobody really likes.

At least with the 2 for 1, we only have to schedule one FCS and we get a nice home game now and then.

I’m not sure how to factor concessions into the formula, but sales were very strong on Saturday. Many of the Sooner fans sitting around me had a beer in each hand.
It wasn't on each side of their helmets?

It's a different monster to play one-off games when you have a nationally competitive program. There are simply different motivations. Sometimes it's simply down to maintaining recruiting ties or pandering to alumni bases. At that stage, it's no longer a scheduled loss it's a real opportunity.
Yea Money!!!!!

GO TU!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT