ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule?

I was right about the two games missing between Detroit Mercy and LMU but they only scheduled one game after Oregon State. We will have 29 games this year guys.

In other news, it looks like an incredibly favorable conference slate. Strings of games against mediocre teams.

In other news, it looks like an incredibly favorable conference slate. Strings of games against mediocre teams.
I dont know about that. Tulane is gettign much better, Cincinati, Houston, SMU and Wichita State all bunched up there. I do like the Conference Schedule after February 8 to round out the season. Its got the easier teams on it.

Looks like the only conflict with the football schedule will be on 11/18 vs Boise/Charlotte at 7pm. We have a football game at 8p on that Friday w/ USF at home. Hope we can jockey between channels on that.

Will be tough to decide between channel jockeying or attending that football game.

No conflict with the Jackson St opener, since we have a football game two days before with Memphis on a Thur.

Even if we lose to Loyola Chicago we would play the loser of Boise/ Charlotte at 9:30 so it would still conflict. @nevadanatural and I are hoping that they move the Football game time or move the game to Saturday when the tournament is on pause. so that we can be able to watch both since we will be in the arena. IF not then we will either 1. Watch it during the game on Nevada's Ipad (we have done that before) or 2. Watch the replay of the game after we leave the arena.

This is going to be a wild weekend for sports. TU Basketball on Thurs, Fri and Sunday. TU Football on Friday (we might watch it on Saturday. World Cup starts Monday!

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Even if we lose to Loyola Chicago we would play the loser of Boise/ Charlotte at 9:30 so it would still conflict. @nevadanatural and I are hoping that they move the Football game time or move the game to Saturday when the tournament is on pause. so that we can be able to watch both since we will be in the arena. IF not then we will either 1. Watch it during the game on Nevada's Ipad (we have done that before) or 2. Watch the replay of the game after we leave the arena.

This is going to be a wild weekend for sports. TU Basketball on Thurs, Fri and Sunday. TU Football on Friday (we might watch it on Saturday. World Cup starts Monday!
Can't really do much on moving the time, on a weeknight. Thursday & Sunday conflict with the tournament also.

They'd have to move it to Saturday, if they did anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: loca2874
That would be perfect
USF plays on Thur and Mon, surrounding the 19th, so no conflict for them with their basketball schedule on Saturday the 19th.

Probably means we'd get a espn+ broadcast if they moved it to Saturday, as opposed to one of the espn broadcast networks like espn/espn2. The only other game scheduled that Friday is San Diego St @ New Mexico. I don't think MWC has a deal with ESPN, so ESPN might not be happy with that change.

USF plays on Thur and Mon, surrounding the 19th, so no conflict for them with their basketball schedule on Saturday the 19th.

Probably means we'd get a espn+ broadcast if they moved it to Saturday, as opposed to one of the espn broadcast networks like espn/espn2. The only other game scheduled that Friday is San Diego St @ New Mexico. I don't think MWC has a deal with ESPN, so ESPN might not be happy with that change.
That’s fine. I will just be off the board until Saturday after we watch the replay of the football game, and my rounds of putt putt. Lol

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Can't really do much on moving the time, on a weeknight. Thursday & Sunday conflict with the tournament also.

They'd have to move it to Saturday, if they did anything.
They’re not going to move a football game that is already scheduled for ESPN2.

Those nationally televised weeknight games are not subject to change.

The only football game that could potentially be moved is the season finale at Houston.

They’re not going to move a football game that is already scheduled for ESPN2.

Those nationally televised weeknight games are not subject to change.

The only football game that could potentially be moved is the season finale at Houston.
That's what I figured. The basketball game will be on EspnU if we are in the winners bracket, or Espn+ if we are in the consolation game. The football game will be on Espn2.

That's what I figured. The basketball game will be on EspnU if we are in the winners bracket, or Espn+ if we are in the consolation game. The football game will be on Espn2.
I saw somewhere that the game was at 7p,(Winners bracket) but that must have been eastern time. It's at 6p and the football game is at 8p. So the winners bracket will probably go over a tad and interfere with the beginning of the game a little bit. The losers bracket would be at 8:30 and probably start a little late. So the losers bracket will really, really interfere with the football game.

For this reason, I am giving Konkol a mandate! He must win the game against Loyola so as not to interfere any more than possible with the football game! And the games should get easier after that, so he should win against Boise St. and Texas A&M. Essentially win that tournament!

I saw somewhere that the game was at 7p,(Winners bracket) but that must have been eastern time. It's at 6p and the football game is at 8p. So the winners bracket will probably go over a tad and interfere with the beginning of the game a little bit. The losers bracket would be at 8:30 and probably start a little late. So the losers bracket will really, really interfere with the football game.

For this reason, I am giving Konkol a mandate! He must win the game against Loyola so as not to interfere any more than possible with the football game! And the games should get easier after that, so he should win against Boise St. and Texas A&M. Essentially win that tournament!
Well that will be great. Last time we were in this tournament we beat central Michigan and almost beat Iowa State in the second game. Then we were hammered by Illinois state in the last

This makes me unhappy if TU plays 5 games away before the home opener. That has NEVER happened and is a recipe to kill fan interest with multiple losses before coming home. If this is the schedule I may turn in my season tickets in protest. Incredibly stupid for a new coach. Who is in charge of this fiasco? If it’s Konkol I hope his first season is his last. He already has shown he can’t recruit.
Also, have you looked at some of the offers from his incoming freshman? I would say that's a pretty good start. You're just a miserable troll who happened to stumble out under his bridge.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Oklahoma needs to start to inserting riders into bond issues for arenas like BOK that requires a certain number of in state school scheduling every ten years. The “All College Classic” needs to come back and rotate between okc and Tulsa with the 4 state teams participating. Win/win/win/win for all teams and fans involved.
FIFY

Not the most exciting non-con.
It's fine. There are games vs P5s that are winnable, there is a game against a mid-major media darling (Loyola Chicago), other mid majors we should win and won't hurt the NET terribly, the game against ORU, and a couple of depth builders. It's a pretty standard schedule for a school like TU.

I dont know about that. Tulane is gettign much better, Cincinati, Houston, SMU and Wichita State all bunched up there. I do like the Conference Schedule after February 8 to round out the season. Its got the easier teams on it.
I don't expect Cincy or Wichita State to be any good. Who knows about SMU. Houston is still the team to beat. Who knows where we fall right now.

Negative posters rankings 2022: votes in parenthesis

1. astonmartin708 (917)
2. mcane (912)

* It is getting close. Be careful aston.........

Most positive poster 2022

1. nevadanatural (2312) No one will catch you !
Does this mean… I need to be MORE negative? Man you guys are going to make me go back and watch some Doug Wojcik games to get in the right mindset?

• Haha
It's fine. There are games vs P5s that are winnable, there is a game against a mid-major media darling (Loyola Chicago), other mid majors we should win and won't hurt the NET terribly, the game against ORU, and a couple of depth builders. It's a pretty standard schedule for a school like TU.

I guess I meant home schedule. Not many games that I'll be attending that are exciting.

This is the final NET ranking for last year of all of our opponents for this year.

Tulsa finished at 181

OOC

Colorado (maybe) 70 - Neutral Q2
Texas A&M (maybe) 42 - Neutral Q1
Murray St. (maybe) 21 - Neutral Q1
UMass (maybe) 178 - Neutral Q3
Boise St. (maybe) 29 - Neutral Q1
Charlotte (maybe) 188 - Neutral Q3
Loyola Chicago 23 - Neutral Q1
LMU (CA) 208 - Away Q3
Miss Valley St. 355 - Home Q4
Central Michigan 316 - Home Q4
Detroit Mercy 231 - Home Q4
Oral Roberts 155 - Home Q3
Oklahoma St. 51 - Away Q1
JAckson St. 277 - Home Q4
Oregon St. 252 - Away Q4

AAC
Wichita St. 87 - Home Q3, Away Q2
Central Florida 101 - Home Q3, Away Q2
Tulane 98 - Home Q3, Away Q2
Temple 111 - Home Q3, Away Q2
South Florida 245 - Home and Away Q4
SMU 44 - Home Q2, Away Q1
East Carolina 184 - Home Q4, Away Q3
Houston 3 - Home and Away Q1
Cincinnati 99 - Away Q2
Memphis 31 - Home Q2

alot more Q1 chances than I thought. (if rankings are similar to end of last year)

TV Update:

@ Oregon State will be on Pac-12 Network-Oregon (not sure what the Oregon designation means... also not sure if we'll be able to watch it even if we have the normal PAC-12 network)

@ Oklahoma State will be on ESPN+

Reactions: TU1NNJ
TV Update:

@ Oregon State will be on Pac-12 Network-Oregon (not sure what the Oregon designation means... also not sure if we'll be able to watch it even if we have the normal PAC-12 network)

This is the crap that annoys the heck out of me, with all these niche conference networks.

There had better be a way to pay for it, so's i can watch us destroy Oregon St. i should be able watch it on the pac network with sports extra on sling. If i can't then something is really wrong.

There is the extra-extra channels on pac network, but i don't know that i can get them, unless i pay extra-extra to the expensivest streaming service.

TV Update:

You should be able to stream the PAC-12 network

Don't ever remember a season without at least one exhibition game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT