ADVERTISEMENT

saturday practice report

okie51

I.T.S. Junior
Dec 4, 2003
Again no expert but here goes, my focus was more on the defense this week. The starting D-line looks very good but no Brubaker must still be in recovery. Linscott looks to be getting work at LBer he fits there has gained some weight and has enough speed and quickness to be effective but needs a lot of work.JR Reed is getting a lot of work at safety, has some nice wheels. Its good to see the staff move guys where they may be used more to their ability.
Brewer on offense made a great 50 yd.TD run and Garrett got behind the DBs as he did last week for a 50 yd TD. Hope someone will report what they see of the O-Line, for the tackle spot that is open from Waltons graduation Plagg looks to be playing well, may need to add some bulk. Dane looked good again.

Kelly Hines is on the BUZZ right now and talking about the pace again. She said the offense was running 3-4 plays per minute and Monty is saying it is too slow! KH also said the QB runs the play and is looking to the sideline before the play is over if the ball is out of his hands. The pace alone, if we can execute marginally better than last year will keep defenses so off balance. We may actually score 50 in a couple games this year. Now, can we hold the other team under 50?

Monty also mentioned Ramadi Warren besides D. Brewer as two young running backs showing promise. Aside from Lucas and Garrett(who we know can catch it), he said Connor Floyd & Josh Atkinson have "been solid". Looks like we have the makings of a deep receiving corp. and promising RB's coming up. Hope one or two of the freshman DB's coming in this fall can back up at corner. TU Football: 1st,last,always!

D looks pretty bad so far, but if the receivers can hold on to the ball we're definitely gonna score

Originally posted by URedskin54:
D looks pretty bad so far, but if the receivers can hold on to the ball we're definitely gonna score
I think the plan is score a bunch and hope that Young and Norwood can patch together a servicable defense.
Either way we are in for some shootouts with SMU, Houston and Memphis.

Sounds like a return to the Graham years.
Stellar offense, crappy defense.

Should certainly make it exciting though!

Originally posted by TU_BLA:
Kelly Hines is on the BUZZ right now and talking about the pace again. She said the offense was running 3-4 plays per minute and Monty is saying it is too slow! KH also said the QB runs the play and is looking to the sideline before the play is over if the ball is out of his hands. The pace alone, if we can execute marginally better than last year will keep defenses so off balance. We may actually score 50 in a couple games this year. Now, can we hold the other team under 50?
I'll say that the pace of practice is A LOT faster than the Malzahn/Morris days. There is very little teaching/correcting on the field because there's no time. All of that is done in film. There was a lot of that in the late 2000's.

Originally posted by URedskin54:
If our D doesn't look bad then that means our O sucks. Tulsa has to win with O, defense is what it is.

I see this as a good sign.

GO TU!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT