ADVERTISEMENT

Samsung Infuse or Blackberry Torch?

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
Does anyone use either of these...do you like, dislike?

I'm a longtime Blackberry user and love my Curve, but I can upgrade and I've narrowed my choices to the Blackberry Torch, since it is the latest greatest BB....and the Samsung Infuse, which is stunning to look at.

Infuse is Android, which I have no experience. Any Android users out there? Comments?

And I'm not interested in iPhone.

Why aren't you interested in the iPhone? I have had Palm Treos, Blackberrys and an Android and the iPhone is head and shoulders above the rest. You should check into it.

Blackberry Curve is by far the best smartphone I've had. It's fast, practical, and has an excellent physical qwerty keyboard. I do an insane amount of texting and emailing via smartphone, so I need physical keys, not an onscreen keyboard. Call quality is fantastic. That's what had me leaning toward the Torch...BB features and keyboard.

But, I may get the Infuse for my wife...I can get it for $0.01 as an upgrade.

Also, I have an ipad, so iphone is a little redundant for me. Don't get me wrong, I think iphone's are fantastic, but they just don't fit my personal needs...at least not right now.

MSNBC had an article today abotu RIM and the Blackberry saying that their market share continues to drop and that the future will probably bring some scaled back models and offerings. I think it said that the Blackberry market share has gone down from 24% last year to 9% this year and is projected to continue following. Keep in mind that Blackberry had over 50% of the smartphone market until the Android based phones began making their appearances and then when the multiple format iPhone was released they have continued to shrink. This does not mean that they are not a good phone, just that their functionality and availablity for updates may go away in a couple of years.

All of that to say that I would go with the Infuse if I were you. Android continues to gain market share, largely do to the many different offerings and the open source code, and will continue to gain popularity as people try to steer away from the more expensive iPhone and the Blackberry. Most Android phones are very realiable, when they are from reliable companies, adn they have an almost unlimited upgrade ability. The only real problem that I see is that each manufacturer is able to set their own specs for the OS and this causes some problem with app design. My sister works for a company that designs mobile apps and we have had to release mutiple updates for the Android app due to changing specs while the Apple app works on all three offerings due to the closed source code.

Enjoy your new phone and please know that I was just kidding before.

Blackberry is the Wojcik of smartphones. Except with brickbreaker instead of Uzoh and Jordan.

I know...RIM has taken a lot of flack recently. OS7 is supposedly really nice on the Torch...and again, I love them due to their functionality and ease of use for business users.

If your goal is web browsing, social media, etc., Blackberry is lacking. But their email client, BB messenger, contacts, calendar, call quality, great qwerty keyboard are all great.

They have been really slow to follow the trends because I think they were trying to be loyal to their long-time users, and it appears to have backfired. That's why they tried to combine a touchscreen phone on a slider with a qwerty keyboard and trackpad.

Different strokes for differnt folks I guess. My work phone is a Blackberry curve, but my personal phone is the Motorola Bionic. I seriously dont even take my laptop with me anymore when I travel, the new Droid software is amazing. The blackberry feels so obsolete when comparing.

Chris their OS7 is very good. I don't use one personally but have done quite a bit of research on it for my job. In my opinion based on what you are wanting I'd go with the Blackberry Touch.

Android is a good OS and I had a previous phone with it, but if your goal is to get things done quickly its not the best IMO. I previously had the HTC EVO and found it lacking in the most important features of a phone: call quality, calendar features, and contact management. I have an iPhone now for personal use and Blackberry Bold for work. I don't recommend the Bold though either, OS is good but the phone itself isn't great.

Originally posted by Gold*:
Blackberry is the Wojcik of smartphones. Except with brickbreaker instead of Uzoh and Jordan.

LOL. I still have a blackberry, but only cuz I'm skeert to try anything else. Seriously, I have no ****ing idea what you all are talking about.

Originally posted by Gold*:
Supposedly the Blackberry Torch 9810 comes preloaded with Bejeweled and Need for Speed. So there!
laugh.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT