ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Alpers

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
He is a 2016 commit to the soccer team. He plays a center mid role but appears to stay back a lot in more of a defensive minded role. He's tall, probably 6'4". Saw him play against Owasso the other night (he plays for Union). Kid is so calm on the ball and sees the field probably as well as any HS kid I've seen play the game. He doesn't look overly fast, but he is very smooth. His 1st touch is spot on and he distributes the ball to the right place every time he touches it. He is as close to a QB on the soccer field that I have ever seen at this level. I think Tom kept a great one here.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Have seen Alpers play a few times now. Missed a lot of Union's season with a high ankle sprain but came back for the state playoffs. He's better than I thought. Defensively he's a rock, with the ball he's as my wife says "a facilitator". He's really an outstanding player and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some meaningful minutes off the bench next year.

And lookout for Martel Smith in a couple of years. Big, physical center back who can blaze and you can't move him off the ball. He's also got a big leg. He's just a sophomore right now. Union has some really really good soccer players in its boys program right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT