ADVERTISEMENT

RPI predictions

jesterondirt

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Sep 28, 2006
Ok don't shoot me for bringing this up in November, I'm not so much curious about the our current RPI, because I do understand how it doesnt have enough data to be relevant this early. What I am curious about is their win/loss predictions.

I would assume they're computer generated correct?

I noticed they have us currently projected at 10 losses and one of those being @Tulane. I'm not going to argue the others but how would they have arrived to this prediction?

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_424_Men.html

Last edited:
They use their own created GAMER analysis to predict winners. I suspect we are projected to lose almost all of our away games (home court advantage is one of the variables) because we haven't played a road game and all of our opponents have won at least 1 home game.

That site also does a poor job of handling probabilities. If you're a 1-point underdog in every game, then you're projected to go 0-30.

I prefer to use Pomeroy for projections and then RPIforecast to look at the RPI corresponding to each record. That would put the current projection at 20-10 with a 41 RPI. Then you can tweak up or down from there if you think the computers are wrong.

My predictions for this season: Note the T's are tossups. W's are good chances for wins, and L's are good chances for losses.

oS2RE4y.png

So I'm saying approximately 15 sure wins and 6 sure losses, with 9 games being up in the air. I would set our win total o/u at 19.5

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT