ADVERTISEMENT

Pray For Israel šŸ‡®šŸ‡± šŸ™

they could damn sure find it if they ever had Dr. Hill's class!!!!

Looks like there will be a summit in Jordan. This is very encouraging, depending upon how Bidenā€™s people handle it.

Nearly every American is oblivious to it, but the Hashemite King has single handedly kept the peace for almost half a century while sheltering several million refugees.

If there is a resolution, the Jordanians will find it.
The King appearing today with the President is not a good sign.

How close are we to an all out Israel - Iran conflict ? Lots a saber rattling the last few days.

How close are we to an all out Israel - Iran conflict ? Lots a saber rattling the last few days.
What does Israel want by taking on Iran, Syria, & Lebanon during this battle against Hamas. I realize they all support Hamas, but direct provocation could bring on an all out war, where they do a lot more than support Hamas. Netanyahoo is playing with forces that could turn into a WW. He needs to go. I wasn't of that opinion before this bombing of an Iranian embassy. I am now.

Reactions: drboobay
What does Israel want by taking on Iran, Syria, & Lebanon during this battle against Hamas. I realize they all support Hamas, but direct provocation could bring on an all out war, where they do a lot more than support Hamas. Netanyahoo is playing with forces that could turn into a WW. He needs to go. I wasn't of that opinion before this bombing of an Iranian embassy. I am now.
Net is dead set on taking out anyone in a leadership role in Hamas. Even if it means killing them in the Iranian embassy. I understand that Iran supports Hamas and provides them with arms and intelligence. I do believe Iran will retaliate for the embassy attack. The only question is the scale of the retaliation. Iran fires rockets at civilian targets inside of Israel and all bets are off

Last edited:
Iā€™m wrong a lot, but I have a hard time believing that Jordan would allow an expansion of hostilities.

Something I learned in college.. you dont piss a Hebrew off unless you were willing to deal in wrath of God retaliation..

Fully support of Benny Net..

Something I learned in college.. you dont piss a Hebrew off unless you were willing to deal in wrath of God retaliation..

Fully support of Benny Net..
Same thing can be said of Muslims in that area. I'm not afraid of pissing off Netanyahu. His country relies on us much more than we rely on them. They would suffer more than we do if a riff between the two countries happened.

You can't take on the entire arab world at once. They would pick their battles more carefully if they didn't think they had the express ability to rely on us. They have been waiting for an excuse to attack Iran for a long time. They have been pressuring us for support for them to attack Iran, or even better for us to attack Iran. They saw the excuse and took it.

They knew that we might be attacked just as well as they might be attacked in retaliation. I don't know what information was exchanged between our two countries, before they bombed the embassy. They say none was exchanged, but I don't buy that. But I expect it was a tense and argumentative conversation.

I don't want to go to war over something that could have been avoided, and really accomplished nothing. They have hardly even addressed the meeting between the IRGC and the supposed Palestinian Militant group that was the premise for this attack. They obviously didn't get anybody major in that organization.(Palestinians)

They think they need to perform attacks like this periodically to keep countries like Syria, Iran, and Lebanon at bay, but due to their present war against Hamas, this could escalate way beyond that. It was the wrong move to make at the time. We just have to hope Iran is not irritated enough to retaliate in a very serious way, and their previous reticence to get into an outright war, still holds them back. There is a danger that they will feel like they look to weak to their people and to the arab world if they don't retaliate much more forcefully than they have in the recent past.

Same thing can be said of Muslims in that area. I'm not afraid of pissing off Netanyahu. His country relies on us much more than we rely on them. They would suffer more than we do if a riff between the two countries happened.

You can't take on the entire arab world at once. They would pick their battles more carefully if they didn't think they had the express ability to rely on us. They have been waiting for an excuse to attack Iran for a long time. They have been pressuring us for support for them to attack Iran, or even better for us to attack Iran. They saw the excuse and took it.

They knew that we might be attacked just as well as they might be attacked in retaliation. I don't know what information was exchanged between our two countries, before they bombed the embassy. They say none was exchanged, but I don't buy that. But I expect it was a tense and argumentative conversation.

I don't want to go to war over something that could have been avoided, and really accomplished nothing. They have hardly even addressed the meeting between the IRGC and the supposed Palestinian Militant group that was the premise for this attack. They obviously didn't get anybody major in that organization.(Palestinians)

They think they need to perform attacks like this periodically to keep countries like Syria, Iran, and Lebanon at bay, but due to their present war against Hamas, this could escalate way beyond that. It was the wrong move to make at the time. We just have to hope Iran is not irritated enough to retaliate in a very serious way, and their previous reticence to get into an outright war, still holds them back. There is a danger that they will feel like they look to weak to their people and to the arab world if they don't retaliate much more forcefully than they have in the recent past.
If the US looks weak then all bets are off.. do you trust our admin to project power or weakness...

If the US looks weak then all bets are off.. do you trust our admin to project power or weakness...
The point of the whole thing is the US should have to project weakness or strength, because Israel shouldn't have bombed the embassy in the first place. It accomplished nothing in Israel's attempt to beat Hamas, and we shouldn't be responsible for Netanyahu's (intentional) mistakes. If Israel were provoked in a major way, for instance if their embassy were bombed,(by Iran) then yeah as our ally we should step up to the plate. But these little games we all play, (proxy wars) don't qualify as a major provocation. Everybody involved plays proxy wars, including us & Israel.

added note:
And even if one thought they would gain through bombing an embassy, the risk is not worth the reward. And Israel made that decision for us, which they had no right to do. It should have been a joint decision, considering we are at risk too.

Fellow NATO member will block U.S. from using airspace if war breaks out with Iran? So much for Article 5?

This has been true since the Kennedy administration.

Turkey gets pissed at people and closes their airspace using planes we sold them. They do it to the Armenians and Greeks all the time. Israel gets it every time they go into Gaza. They shut our cargo planes out in 2010 after Israel went into Gaza in 2010. Situation normal. Itā€™s why we have carriers and you donā€™t have free health care.

Last edited:
This has been true since the Kennedy administration.

Turkey gets pissed at people and closes their airspace using planes we sold them. They do it to the Armenians and Greeks all the time. Israel gets it every time they go into Gaza. They shut our cargo planes out in 2010 after Israel went into Gaza in 2010. Situation normal. Itā€™s why we have carriers and you donā€™t have free health care.
If Iran directly attack US assets would Turkey then recognize Article 5 ?

If Iran directly attack US assets would Turkey then recognize Article 5 ?
I doubt it. The larger question is whether Turkey is signaling something to Jordan. These people donā€™t call or text each other. They communicate through the media.

And so it begins. War in the Middle East.
We'll see. It may be the two groups throwing a couple of three barrages at each other & it settling down.

It might be many repetitive strikes from a distance, over several months or years. I don't know how much Iran wants to get in an all out war, with tanks & aircraft invading one country or another. I have a feeling they would just prefer to lob missiles back and forth, seeing how much damage they can cause from a distance. If Israel fires a missile directly at Iran, instead of at another target that affects Iran, the response from Iran will tell us a lot about how much of a war it will be.

We'll see. It may be the two groups throwing a couple of three barrages at each other & it settling down.

It might be many repetitive strikes from a distance, over several months or years. I don't know how much Iran wants to get in an all out war, with tanks & aircraft invading one country or another. I have a feeling they would just prefer to lob missiles back and forth, seeing how much damage they can cause from a distance. If Israel fires a missile directly at Iran, instead of at another target that affects Iran, the response from Iran will tell us a lot about how much of a war it will be.
Being reported that Iran has launched over 100 missiles into Israel. If true this is a lot more than throwing a couple of barrages. Also seems rather disproportionate in response to two missiles at an embassy.

Make that 200 but their anti missile and anti uav tech is shooting them down.

The Main Board always has a couple of guys in the Pentagon and/or Stuttgart posting whenever a war breaks out. You might check over there. Itā€™s typically 2-4 hours ahead of the news. They were about 12 hours in front of Bin Laden being announced as killed.

Being reported that Iran has launched over 100 missiles into Israel. If true this is a lot more than throwing a couple of barrages. Also seems rather disproportionate in response to two missiles at an embassy.

We'll see how many were missiles & how many were drones. So far they are saying most of them were intercepted, and most interceptions were outside their borders. Doing the drone attack is less effective and lets them, throw a bunch of them, without doing as much damage. The # can seem like it was a huge response when it wasn't as big of an effective attack as it seemed like.

The # of missiles to # of drones will be something to look at. The # that hit, and how much damage happens as a result will be an issue. It really shouldn't be because that just says how effective their defense system is, not how much damage Iran attempted to do. But I'm sure how effective it was will play a roll, regardless. I imagine Iran has some intel about how many they need to send to get every one missile/drone to make contact with Israeli soil.

Make that 200 but their anti missile and anti uav tech is shooting them down.

The Main Board always has a couple of guys in the Pentagon and/or Stuttgart posting whenever a war breaks out. You might check over there. Itā€™s typically 2-4 hours ahead of the news. They were about 12 hours in front of Bin Laden being announced as killed.
Where are you talking about, on this board? Logging out or hitting the home tab up top is the only thing I'm aware of, and I haven't ever seen it there.

Where are you talking about, on this board? Logging out or hitting the home tab up top is the only thing I'm aware of, and I haven't ever seen it there.
As I suspected. Thereā€™s a thread and itā€™s already 700 messages long.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I see on Al-Jazeera that Jordan has been shooting down the Iranian drones entering its air space. This is encouraging and suggests a larger, prolonged, multi front conflict is probably not going to happen.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
We can relax ā€¦ for now.

ā€”-

The White House says President Biden spoke by phone Sunday with Jordanā€™s King Abdullah II about the situation in the Middle East.

Biden strongly condemned the attack launched by Iran, which the White House says also ā€œthreatened Jordan and the Jordanian people.ā€ Both leaders said they continue to monitor the situation and will remain in close touch over the coming days.

They also discussed the situation in Gaza, and reaffirmed their cooperation to increase critical humanitarian assistance to Gaza and to find a path to end the crisis as soon as possible.

Reactions: TUMU
I see on Al-Jazeera that Jordan has been shooting down the Iranian drones entering its air space. This is encouraging and suggests a larger, prolonged, multi front conflict is probably not going to happen.
Everybody, meaning Saudi Arabia, Jordan, the US, France, & Great Britain were working together.(Maybe Canada & Germany in the background.) That's reassuring that everyone was there in force, helping stop the barrage from doing any serious damage to Israel. If this was a bit of theater to allow Iran to save face, then it was good that our part had several allies playing their roles. It establishes that this will happen in the future as well.

Would be nice if we could figure out a way to involve allies in the fight for Ukraine, in a similar defensive posture.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Everybody, meaning Saudi Arabia, Jordan, the US, France, & Great Britain were working together.(Maybe Canada & Germany in the background.) That's reassuring that everyone was there in force, helping stop the barrage from doing any serious damage to Israel. If this was a bit of theater to allow Iran to save face, then it was good that our part had several allies playing their roles. It establishes that this will happen in the future as well.

Would be nice if we could figure out a way to involve allies in the fight for Ukraine, in a similar defensive posture.
Assuming what you say is true, Iran risking all out war to placate domestic political pressure is not a good thing. And not what weā€™ve been sold for the last 50 years - that Iran is a repressive religious dictatorship that has no broad base of popular support.

None of those folks you name matter at all in the Middle East. Only the Jordanians can walk the tight rope between the Shia and Sunni. Those with economic, technology, and even defense pacts with Israel and those who donā€™t recognize Israelā€™s right to exist. Those with unlimited capacity for humanitarian aid and those who will do nothing. He can get them all on the phone and they will listen. And in some cases, cower. People grossly underestimate the role of Jordan in the region. The Americans tune out after the USA, Israel, and maybe Saudi Arabia or Qatar. The King, and I hope he would forgive any disrespect, is the HMIC.

Assuming what you say is true, Iran risking all out war to placate domestic political pressure is not a good thing. And not what weā€™ve been sold for the last 50 years - that Iran is a repressive religious dictatorship that has no broad base of popular support.
I don't think they risked all out war. The way I see it, is that the stock market knew it, several governments pre announced it, we pretty much knew what they were going to do ahead of time. They broadcast it on backchannels way ahead of time and Israel & the allies had plenty of time to prepare.

Maybe they hit one military airport and caused minimal to moderate damage. Lebanese station saying they did major damage, Israel saying they did minimal damage. That's the only damage of any consequence I've heard about. I think this was for the most part, aimed at places of no consequence except for a few places like the military airport. They had every ally ready, such that very few hit Israeli soil. Every ally played a role in shooting down missiles and/or drones from what I understand.

Iran knew it would happen this way, and Israel pretty much knew it would happen this way. I imagine their return attack will do about the same damage. No danger of all out war. Planned and calculated not to cause that.

None of those folks you name matter at all in the Middle East. Only the Jordanians can walk the tight rope between the Shia and Sunni. Those with economic, technology, and even defense pacts with Israel and those who donā€™t recognize Israelā€™s right to exist. Those with unlimited capacity for humanitarian aid and those who will do nothing. He can get them all on the phone and they will listen. And in some cases, cower. People grossly underestimate the role of Jordan in the region. The Americans tune out after the USA, Israel, and maybe Saudi Arabia or Qatar. The King, and I hope he would forgive any disrespect, is the HMIC.
I was talking about the allies being involved if it got out of the hands of the Jordanian King, and spread to a greater conflict. This show of unity as a precursor to any Iranian attack on Israel was useful. It's a good hedge against Iran and other Iranian allies thinking they can get away with that, if they decide it's time to ignore Jordan's King.

The value of the Iranian currency plunged dramatically on the opening today. Could get interesting.

Israel is current striking targets inside Iran and Syria. Iran nuclear program appears to be one of the targets. Strikes are in direct conflict with Bidenā€™s request. Iranā€™s strikes were as well so šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø.

Will this lead to further escalation ?

I saw a video today comparing this to World War I. The argument was that neither side wants to escalate but feels compelled.

The problem is one side keeps giving weapons to proxies who murder people in the other country. While I do think we undervalue the situation in Gaza and the West Bank, that is an issue. The other difference is everyone in the region other then the proxies hates one of the countries more than the other

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I saw a video today comparing this to World War I. The argument was that neither side wants to escalate but feels compelled.

The problem is one side keeps giving weapons to proxies who murder people in the other country. While I do think we undervalue the situation in Gaza and the West Bank, that is an issue. The other difference is everyone in the region other then the proxies hates one of the countries more than the other
100%.

Israel is current striking targets inside Iran and Syria. Iran nuclear program appears to be one of the targets. Strikes are in direct conflict with Bidenā€™s request. Iranā€™s strikes were as well so šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø.

Will this lead to further escalation ?

Saying they didn't strike nuclear targets. I believe they mentioned military base(s) close to nuclear targets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT