ADVERTISEMENT

Post game thoughts

T Up

I.T.S. Senior
Dec 4, 2003
Watching TU shoot free throws is like watching Tiger Woods chip from 10 feet.

It's either a fat shot going 3 feet, or a skull going 30 feet by......

You're not sure whether to laugh or cry.

BUT, great win. This was the type of ugly game we use to lose. That makes 3 of the last 4 like that and we have won them all. Speaks volumes for the boys tenacity.

Let's hit our free throws Saturday night and bring the pain to those ponies!!

We had a cocktail of reasons to play bad and lose this game, but thank goodness it didn't happen. We need a rest and just a couple of shoot around/walkthroughs to get ready for SMU.

So far TU has performed MUCH better in the big games than against weaker opponents. Knight mentioned that we do seem to play to our level of competition. If that pattern continues, frankly we oughta really take the game to SMU.

Just got on the ESPN.com homepage and the first thing that comes up, front and center, is a pic from the Cincy-SMU game with the following caption underneath it. Man, it feels good to be relevant on the national stage again. Anybody care to speculate when the last time TU b-ball was a part of the lead story on espn.com was?All's Not Lost At SMU
SMU has two AAC losses -- both to Cincinnati. But with two games against Tulsa remaining, the Mustangs still control their conference fate. Bracketology: Cincy, SMU both in

L

1st...we continue to win. We are griping about missing out on style points right now over games we have won. Same games that Cincinnati and UCONN have lost. SMU lost a home game in conference. We continue to win...at home, on the road. In the words of John Klein, "I don't care what league you play in, winning on the road is hard."

2nd...Lunardi is smoking crack. Has he actually seen Stanford play? They're terrible and he has them as a 7 seed. Sometimes I feel like he thinks he has to fit a certain number from each conference in. Iowa is not very good either and he has them as a 10.

We keep winning, we don't really have to worry about what Lunardi or anyone else thinks.

Iowa is 14-8 with a strength of schedule of 24 (kenpom.com) with a road wins against North Carolina and Ohio St. and a home win against Ohio St. Their worst losses are a road loss to a 15-8 Purdue team and a neutral court loss to a 15-7 Syracuse team. Their resume is currently pretty solid for a 10 seed.

Stanford is a more puzzling situation. They beat Texas on the road but that is about it for good wins unless you want to count UConn and Arizona St. They also have two bad losses to Depaul and Washington St. I suspect Stanford will be lower on the next bracketology since they lost at home to UCLA after the last version came out.

Originally posted by PhoggyBottom:

Iowa is 14-8 with a strength of schedule of 24 (kenpom.com) with a road wins against North Carolina and Ohio St. and a home win against Ohio St. Their worst losses are a road loss to a 15-8 Purdue team and a neutral court loss to a 15-7 Syracuse team. Their resume is currently pretty solid for a 10 seed.

Stanford is a more puzzling situation. They beat Texas on the road but that is about it for good wins unless you want to count UConn and Arizona St. They also have two bad losses to Depaul and Washington St. I suspect Stanford will be lower on the next bracketology since they lost at home to UCLA after the last version came out.
Iowa has been struggling more lately. And just watching them...it's painful.

Stanford...Texas is smoke and mirrors and really has been all season. OU blew them out and OSU went to Austin and beat them. OU is pretty good, OSU is average and Texas somehow continues to be ranked? I'd throw the only "good" win Stanford has out the window. Besides that UCONN is not very good this year and I have stayed on that as they continue to drop games in AAC. If Boatright doesn't go for 20-25, they simply don't win. DePaul is bad...really bad.

I actually like Iowa. They have 3 wins against the Sagarin top 25 and is 4-7 against the top 50.

TU is 0-3 against the top 50 but has 3 chances coming up in the next few weeks including this Saturday to get those top 50 wins.

Getting by Houston was big................we didn't play outstanding but we had control of the game throughout. Several guys stepped up and helped to carry the load at different times.

All I can say is Saturday is the biggest game in a LLLLLLooooooooooooonnnnnnngggggg Time!!!!!

TU Hurricane Warning posted on 2/6/2015...

POKE POKE POKE!

I thought we had a Top50 win? 1 & 3 Top50 I thought, oh yeah we did have a Top50 win at TEMPLE!!!

Temple is #81 per Sagarin...thanks for playing though. Here's the link to the latest ratings for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaab/sagarin/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT