ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Mills

libertychamp

I.T.S. Position Coach
Sep 23, 2007
Rick are you watching make Mills the next self leaving oru for Tulsa now $$$$$$$$$$$&&&&

His overall record is 44-61 at ORU, just something to consider, we may want to get someone with a better record then that , he may work perfectly , I don’t know, but it is something to consider

As bad as selfs Oru record and we see how that worked out for us. Lol
Uh, Self was 55-54 at ORU. More importantly he took the bare cupboard left from the previous Coach and steadily increases his win total from 6 in his first season to 10 to 18 to 21 in his final season.

Uh, Self was 55-54 at ORU. More importantly he took the bare cupboard left from the previous Coach and steadily increases his win total from 6 in his first season to 10 to 18 to 21 in his final season.

Mills took over an 8-22 and 4-12 in conference squad. Not sure he had much to work with either. Also, there are restrictions now present at ORU which weren’t present when Self was coaching. It’s a tougher job. Not saying hire the guy but he’s someone we should certainly look at.

Mills took over an 8-22 and 4-12 in conference squad. Not sure he had much to work with either. Also, there are restrictions now present at ORU which weren’t present when Self was coaching. It’s a tougher job. Not saying hire the guy but he’s someone we should certainly look at.
Oh ya for sure , I’m just saying we need to be thoughtful of that record , however , he seems to have made them improve each year and if he can do that at ORU, he can for sure do it at Tulsa if he can recruit the type of players we need

Oh ya for sure , I’m just saying we need to be thoughtful of that record , however , he seems to have made them improve each year and if he can do that at ORU, he can for sure do it at Tulsa if he can recruit the type of players we need
Just saw where Wojciechowski just got fired from Marquette. In 7 seasons he would've gone to 3 NCAAs, i think bad luck hit him this year. Went 128/95 in his time there. Thoughts?

Just saw where Wojciechowski just got fired from Marquette. In 7 seasons he would've gone to 3 NCAAs, i think bad luck hit him this year. Went 128/95 in his time there. Thoughts?
I’d have to look at his whole career before I could make a fair assessment, if it is one of those deals where he came in and won with another coaches players and then went down hill after that, then I would say no

Reactions: TU_BLA
This is correct. There wasn’t much there. ORUs starting 5 is pretty darn good and they can all shoot. They only played 7 today but there is a precipitous drop off after the starters. I am shocked Jurgens is allowed to be on the court with the arm sleeve tattoo not covered up. Mills will jump at the 1st higher profile offer with all the BS he has to put up with in recruiting

Reactions: lawpoke87
I’d have to look at his whole career before I could make a fair assessment, if it is one of those deals where he came in and won with another coaches players and then went down hill after that, then I would say no
I like Wojechiewski as a coach. I do have concerns about guys who are “failed” retreads and what kind of credibility they have in recruiting after being fired. And you’re right, I just think this year was a mess for Marquette. I think it’s more of an anomaly than a direction .

Reactions: TULSARISING
Look at the other Baylor guy at North Texas. And I still like the Arkansas assistant. The Arkansas coaches made a great adjustment against Colgate. I just wish we would get there occasionally. I know ctt likes Mccaslin

He would take a million dollar pay cut to come to TU according to Marquette’s most recent tax filing.

I like Wojechiewski as a coach. I do have concerns about guys who are “failed” retreads and what kind of credibility they have in recruiting after being fired. And you’re right, I just think this year was a mess for Marquette. I think it’s more of an anomaly than a direction .
On another note, it looks like Kim English is going to George Mason

Mills is a downgrade from Haith. No thank you.

Is that Woj guy the douche who invented floor slapping when he played at Duke? What an annoying li’l prick.
One and the same but he’s a really good x’s and o’s coach as are most of the guards who have come through Coach K’s program. Their biggest problem is convincing kids they will be successful in their programs. Dawkins, Amaker, Hurley, Capel, Woj- they’ve all got great basketball IQs.
The question becomes do you want a recruiter or a great basketball mind? Will great players overcome second rate coaching? Talent didn’t overcome the coaching deficiency with Wojcik.

Is that Woj guy the douche who invented floor slapping when he played at Duke? What an annoying li’l prick.
He just did it a lot. And some Dookies would say he did it to distract from his suspect defense and the fact he wasn’t really the leader of the team.

Bartlesville High School did it regularly during their glory run from 1986 to 1995. Typically inside two minutes left to play and behind while coming from a time out. Most famously lining up in a zone, then floor slapping in unison to announce their defense was coming for the ball, before rushing into a trap that forced a steal and then an open three from their post man to beat either Union or Jenks in a district play off game as time expired. It mentally dismantled the opposing team.

Bartlesville College High School did it only against rival Bartlesville Sooner High School, including teams coached by TU Coach John Phillips.

Bobby Knight’s teams did it at Army.

It’s depicted in the movie Hoosiers.

I don’t know who invented it, but it’s been around for decades and Coach K just kinda made it a thing at Duke. Kinda like Zombie Nation was thing in European soccer for ten years before a bunch of sports teams in America started using it and now it’s so connected with UCF their fan base thinks they started it and it’s “their” song.

Watching ORU go to the Sweet 16, while TU claims scatters rights in front of the big screen!

This just says how our program is satisfied with mediocrity!

Very ironic that ORU is playing their best in years the same year we are at rock bottom.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT