Dec 8, 2003
Cincy #8 +1
SMU #8 +1
Tulsa #11 no change.

Temple last four out.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

GO TU!!!!

This post was edited on 1/27 2:28 PM by Tu Geo

Those 3 games with SMU and Cincy will be huge. Well , I guess ALL are are huge when there is no room for error as an at-large.

Originally posted by I.I.:
Those 3 games with SMU and Cincy will be huge. Well , I guess ALL are are huge when there is no room for error as an at-large.
Agree. With an RPI in the mid 40's, TU must win 5 of their 8 most difficult games left on the schedule, and of course not slip up against ECU, HOU, and USF.

RPI boosting wins.......
at Tulane
SMU
at UCONN
Temple
Tulane
at Memphis
CIN
SMU

must wins............
at HOU
USF
ECU

If TU plays defense like they did against Temple, UCONN, and Memphis, they are capable of winning all of their remaining games. IMO, and i've watched them all.............. TU is the most athletic team in the AAC, capable of shutting down everyone when they are playing great defense.

The remaining schedule is rather favorable IMO, sure closing with CIN and SMU is tough, but playing 7 of their final 11 games at home is a nice way to finish the season.

TX
This post was edited on 1/26 5:47 PM by texcane1982

So when we beat Cincy and SMU will face palm finally rank us better than them.

Clueless.

I think we are fortunate to be getting consideration with some bad losses and no top 50 wins. But we sure pass the eye test. I think this is the best TU team since 2000 based on current level of play.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by TU 1978:
So when we beat Cincy and SMU will face palm finally rank us better than them.

Clueless.
I don't think Joe Lunardi or Jerry Palm are clueless, both Cincinnati and SMU have quality OOC wins/losses, whereas TU does not.

If both TU and SMU win their next 3 games, and then TU beats SMU on 2/7, TU will move closer to the same seed line as SMU and CIN, probably a 7 or 8 seed.

I think a 10 or11 seed is about right for TU. Beating Temple, Memphis, and UCONN hold very little weight right now, none of those teams is playing particularly well. However beating SMU would finally give TU a much needed quality win, a top 25 RPI win.

By the time TU plays CIN and SMU the first week of March, both may be back in the RPI top 25.

UCONN has a legitimate chance to determine who wins the AAC regular season title. Over their final 8 games they play TU(once), SMU (twice), Memphis (twice), and Temple (once).

TX

This post was edited on 1/26 9:21 PM by texcane1982

Am I the only person who's just fine with a 10 or 11? 8 and 9 are brutal seeds and getting as low as 7 may require winning out and getting to the aac final.

I love 10,11,12........ I would take those every year.

10 & 11are favorable seeds to make a run and it always comes down to a draw anyway. Wichita St had a #1 seed last year and had the absolute worst draw in the history of the NCAA tournament. It's all about the draw no matter what seed you are

Originally posted by TUBballJunkie:
Am I the only person who's just fine with a 10 or 11? 8 and 9 are brutal seeds and getting as low as 7 may require winning out and getting to the aac final.

I'm with ya', 10-12 are good seeds that can take result in a deep run. I actually don't have much problem with a 7 seed, but 8-9 are brutal, and really require the right draw to get to the 2nd weekend.

TX

Originally posted by ctt8410:
I'm just fine getting any seed.
I too am of the belief that TU could miss out on the tourney altogether (even if they finish as regular season Co-Champions) due to not winning the right games and losing the wrong games. One game at a time, every win is a must win until TU's RPI cracks the top 20, which I am not sure that is even possible, even if they run the table through the regular season..

TX
This post was edited on 1/26 10:30 PM by texcane1982

Might finish just inside the top 20 if they won out. Pomeroy puts the odds of that happening around 1-in-500.

If they win out TU would be 23-5on an 18 game winning streak. At that regardless of what would happen in the AAC tournament TU would be 7 seed almost guaranteed.

We're Not Winning Out!!!

Don't jinx us!

You better have been knocking on wood when you said that stuff.

To clarify... I'm just hoping we have no sub 50 RPI losses and a couple of sub 50 RPI wins. I think one win vs SMU might let us have the conference title if we can also take out Temple, and Cincy at home. At that point our RPI would be low 30's which is just where we need it.

Just in case... I've been knocking on wood for everyone.

12: Good shot at sweet 16
10-11: Better shot at final 8
8-9: Dead after first round.

cool0020.r191677.gif

Nominee for Pessimist of the week: TexCane19hunredd&NRichardson

This post was edited on 1/27 1:23 AM by Gmoney4WW

GMoney,

I don't think the #1 seeds this year with the exception of Kentucky are as scary as what people are thinking. Virginia can be had and our style of play is a good matchup against UVa. Wisconsin scares me only because Kaminsky is such a dynamic player, sort of a poor man's Dirk Nowitzki. Beyond those 3 the rest of the field is so hit or miss. Duke, Kansas, Gonzaga (don't get me started on Gonzaga) can all be had with good game plans and solid execution.

Again, its all about matchups.

Originally posted by TU_BLA:
10 & 11are favorable seeds to make a run and it always comes down to a draw anyway. Wichita St had a #1 seed last year and had the absolute worst draw in the history of the NCAA tournament. It's all about the draw no matter what seed you are

I'm not sure "draw" is the right word. "placement" might be more accurate as the committee does not want non P5 schools to advance anywhere it seems and will place the best of them meeting each other in the second rounds. Kentucky still had to play their best game of the season to beat WSU last year.

You're right...placement is a better word and more accurate for this because "draw" would indicate no thought in where and who you would end up playing. Maybe that is the way it should be done...more along with what the world cup does. Place your top 4 seeds in each region and then have a pool of 16 for seeds 5-8, 16 for 9-12, 16 for 13-16. Take the 8 teams that would essentially be seeds #12 and reserve them for at large spots and have them play in and then draw the 4 remaining teams to the #12 line in each bracket. You could end up with a Region of Death sort of like what Wichita State ended up being in last year. Can you imagine what the selection show would look like and the ratings? You would also avoid all of this P5 collusion crap. It'd be great to watch OU and OSU square off in a 2nd round game versus a sweet 16 game which is the earliest they could currently meet. Selection committee could reveal the top 4 seeds in each region and then pool B (5-8) teams and so on and then have the draw. That could be a ton of fun!

Originally posted by Gmoney4WW:

cool0020.r191677.gif

There is a fine line between pessimism an realism! Let's go T-U-L-S-A.......... keep the wins a comin', one game at a time.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

The beauty of TU's situation is they control their own destiny, unlike last year and many before, they do not need help achieving their goal. The RPI nonsense will take care of it's self if TU keeps winning.

TX

Originally posted by drboobay:
I think we are fortunate to be getting consideration with some bad losses and no top 50 wins. But we sure pass the eye test. I think this is the best TU team since 2000 based on current level of play.

Agree, if you throw out the loss to ORU, TU's RPI would be in much better shape. The other DI losses are quality losses per the RPI and what is likely keep TU in the 40-50 range.

TU really needs Temple to right their ship. The Owls are currently 54 in the RPI, and have a good shot at getting back into the top 50.

TX
This post was edited on 1/27 1:13 PM by texcane1982

Originally posted by texcane1982:

Originally posted by Gmoney4WW:

cool0020.r191677.gif

There is a fine line between pessimism an realism! Let's go T-U-L-S-A.......... keep the wins a comin', one game at a time.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

The beauty of TU's situation is they control their own destiny, unlike last year and many before, they do not need help achieving their goal. The RPI nonsense will take care of it's self if TU keeps winning.

TX
I thought(emphasis on) I heard u humming or singing I Walk the Line, just couldn't tell which.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT